Vehicle Burglary at Girls Inc

Update by Edhat Staff
12:53 p.m., June 14, 2017

A representative of Girls Inc. contacted edhat to provide an update to Roger the Scanner Guy's report of a vehicle burglary.

According to the representative, a vehicle was broken into on Tuesday, but it was a parent's vehicle and not a Girls Inc. vehicle. The break-in occurred while the parent was dropping off her daughter for summer camp and her son, not a Girls Inc. attendee, was inside the vehicle.

Staff from Girls Inc. secured the perimeter and buildings on the property and called the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Office so the parent could file a report.

According to the representative, a Sheriff's Deputy spoke with the parent who determined no items were taken and a positive identification of the suspect was not made.

Girls Inc. reminds all parents and staff at both its Goleta Valley and the Santa Barbara Centers to be vigilant of their surroundings, to lock their cars, and to avoid leaving personal items or valuables in view.

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
9:03 a.m., June 13, 2017

Burglary to a Girl's Inc vehicle at their office located at 4973 Hollister Ave. The suspect is described as a Hispanic male adult (HMA) with facial hair. There was a juvenile in the back seat. SBSO is responding.

bosco Jun 15, 2017 10:44 AM
Vehicle Burglary at Girls Inc

Thank You for the update. Girls Inc. did the right thing here. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Flicka Jun 14, 2017 03:35 PM
Vehicle Burglary at Girls Inc

Everyone jumping on Girls Inc,, where did it say it was their vehicle? Update explains it was the child's mother who left him there.

Roger Jun 13, 2017 11:43 AM
Vehicle Burglary at Girls Inc

I don't know if they left someone elses kid in the car or their own and did not say as such it might even be my kid for all I know though they might be in their late 30's by now..Not sure if the car was locked or unlocked but they said he broke in I assumed it was locked...

Roger Jun 13, 2017 10:39 AM
Vehicle Burglary at Girls Inc

It wasn't stolen suspect broke into the vehicle saw the kid and ran....I'd run to kids scare me.

a-1574078429 Jun 13, 2017 10:20 AM
Vehicle Burglary at Girls Inc

How was a kid left alone in the back seat of a Girl's Inc. vehicle long enough for someone to steal it? This is tragic! I hope that kid is OK!! Please keep us posted!

a-1574078429 Jun 13, 2017 10:23 AM
Vehicle Burglary at Girls Inc

Oops, my bad, looks like it wasn't stolen but just broken into. Still though, if I were the parent, I'd want some answers as to why my kid was left in the back seat of a Girl's Inc car!

Roger Jun 13, 2017 09:19 AM
Vehicle Burglary at Girls Inc

Suspect left the scene in a hurray 2nd vehicle burglary I have heard there during the day within a few days...