By Tagdes

Vegetation fire at Lizards Mouth off West Camino Cielo. County Fire along with LP responding

Video and photos by Scanner Andrew

VegetationFire- #Lizard Fire - SBC is responding to assist #LPNF with a fire off W Camino Cielo near Lizards Mouth. SBC on scene reporting 100’ x 200’ burning in moderate fuel with slow rate of spread. C/T 6:50 PM.

— SBCFireInfo (@EliasonMike) July 21, 2021

MountainMan4865 Jul 21, 2021 07:48 PM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

Addressing all the comments between CMKR and Sacjon. I understand the concern of CMKR. Fires that have been attributed to the homeless have run rampant, and are unnerving. I agree with the sentiment from the homeless community that an arsonist is setting fires in order to blame the homeless for fires. It makes, absolutely, zero sense to have 'warming fires' when it's 80 degrees. I would, also, agree 100% that it makes zero sense for a 'homeless' problem in the mountains. Too far away from resources, not only on foot, bike, and shopping cart, but it by car, it makes no sense to spend the fuel to get to the farthest point from town. Which is why the 'homeless' explanation for the Cave Fire never made sense. In my opinion, for this fire, you're looking at someone who has just discovered 'nature', or an arsonist.

CMKR Jul 21, 2021 10:58 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

I'm also tired of reading reports of three or four homeless fires a week sometimes, and very little being done by the authorities to resolve the situation… I was forced to install wildfire detection cameras around my home at great expense to avoid being suddenly involved in one of these fires, possibly in the middle of the night. Having also gone through a major wildfire as a child, I don't need the anxiety that comes with these events. But, apparently, you can't understand that either

tagdes Jul 21, 2021 04:11 PM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

We live 3 blocks up off Alamar where Nicholas was held at the Lemon Tree and Hollywood was staying at an out of town friends across the street from us while Nicholas was there. I interviewed the cops about it as it seemed pretty weird for this guy (Hollywood) being there all day with his smoking jacket and Lincoln Town car.

Roger Jul 21, 2021 01:11 PM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

Kinda ironic I just saw a video where a picture of Nicholas Markowitz was shown like yesterday. Lizards Mouth is where he was murdered.

Sail380 Jul 21, 2021 12:07 PM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

Maybe some overnight campers making coffee. Homeless are not a problem at lizards mouth. There is no source of water or food for miles

sacjon Jul 21, 2021 11:21 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

CMKR - you must not be paying attention. It was all over the news and Edhat weeks ago when the homeless camps were being cleaned up for the very purpose of addressing the fires being started in the camps downtown. The displaced residents of those camps were being put up in a local hotel, much to everyone's chagrin here.

I grew up in the canyons here in SB/Goleta and have lived through some intense fires and evacuations. I understand the stress and fear, but I don't agree with blaming the homeless for a fire at Lizard's Mouth.

CMKR Jul 21, 2021 10:19 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

Wonderful! Another moron almost burned down the town... Probably homeless people camping up there or just another idiot. In any case, it appears that this person is just as bright as the kids that started the Tea fire… Apparently, people have a very difficult time distinguishing a lit fire from an extinguished fire.

sacjon Jul 21, 2021 11:55 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

CMKR - what? You've been "alerted" about me sticking up for the homeless people being blamed for everything despite any evidence to support it? Wow, glad to hear I've been on top of it!

You think I "imagined" your statement that it was "probably the homeless people?" Get real. You can spiral off topic all you want, but all I've been saying is that blaming homeless people for a fire at Lizard's Mouth is really more out of spite, than actual reasoning or facts. You do you though! Have a good day.

CMKR Jul 21, 2021 11:51 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

Ah, now I see...you're constantly attacking people here on Edhat for any comments against the homeless, real or imagined as in this case...another reader just alerted me to your history, and showed me several examples of where you've gone out of you way to attack others.

sacjon Jul 21, 2021 11:47 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

CMKR - oh... you're spiraling off topic and making up new things. I'll leave it at that. Yikes!

CMKR Jul 21, 2021 11:37 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

I did not believe my comment to be objectionable at all.
It seems that you are the one that's not paying attention because, in my original post, you can plainly see that I said it's probably homeless or some idiot who caused the fire… I did not single out the homeless and insist that it was them.
But why do you even care so much about my comment? And why are you defending people committing criminal acts that have done so much harm to the community over the years, and which have the potential to do more harm to the community? You also seem to happily accept the fact that many residents including myself and my neighbors have been needlessly harmed by these criminal acts...why not defend your community instead of criminals?

sacjon Jul 21, 2021 11:17 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

CMKR - If you knew what you wrote was so objectionable, why'd you write it? I hate fires too and have been evacuated multiple times, once almost losing my home during the GAP fire. I understand plenty the fatigue and stress of being on constant fire watch. My objection was to your instant accusation of "homeless people" starting it in a place like this. It's EXTREMELY unlikely that there is a camp of homeless people way up there. Maybe an old hermit, but this is one of the last places you'd find homeless people camping. No access to any facilities, no liquor stores, no tourists handing out money, etc etc etc. So yeah, I jumped on your case about the knee jerk blame on the most unlikely of candidates for this fire. Amazing that your so defensive about it.

CMKR Jul 21, 2021 10:55 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

I wondered how long it would take people to start attacking me… They always do, for the same opinions that other people have frequently expressed here. I don't hate anyone, and I am not assuming anything. If you read my comment, I said "probably", not certainly. I'm just tired of being evacuated from massive fires and the cost associated with that, and being forced to in fear of this sort of stupidity needlessly causing the same problem over and over again... many of my neighbors and other Edhat readers agree, but apparently you can't understand that

sacjon Jul 21, 2021 10:23 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

CMKR - why so much hate for the homeless that you immediately assume that a place that is almost solely frequented by teenage stoners, hippies, granolas, and other "housed" adventurers, is now somehow a homeless encampment? You REALLY love the old "assumptions make an a$$ out of u and me," eh?

Roger Jul 21, 2021 08:56 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

Good Job TAGDES I was in the middle of other things only posted because no one else had guess we did at the same time. Thanks for taking over.

tagdes Jul 21, 2021 11:00 AM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

Thanks Roger, I was outside when I heard County 15's siren, then 13 so I figured I better turn on the scanner on :>)

tagdes Jul 20, 2021 07:51 PM
Vegetation Fire at Lizards Mouth

Change-over to Copter 4 is being cancelled. With holds on several others, sounds like they have a handle on it.

Taras Jul 20, 2021 07:26 PM

LIZARD'S MOUTH PEAK MTN, LOS PADRES NATIONAL FOREST
B19 ?CRW10 ?DO14 ?E12 ?E15 E312 E313 E315 ?FIRECOP4 INFO11 LPF-ENG ?ME13 WT32 100 x 200 feet.