Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows title=
Sign outside the Santa Barbara Bowl concert venue (Photo: SB Bowl / Facebook)

By edhat staff

The Santa Barbara Bowl announced that proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test is required for entry into their venue.

On Tuesday, the area's largest site for concerts and comedy shows followed the direction of other local venues and updated their entry policy as COVID-19 infections continue.

"For the safety and comfort of all guests, proof of completed vaccination or negative COVID-19 test will be required for entry for everyone including children under 12," the Santa Barbara Bowl stated in an email to its attendees.

Vaccination proof will include a government-issued identification card and one of the following?

• CDC Vaccination Card.
  • Original vaccination card, printed copy of vaccination card or photo of vaccination card on your phone.
  • CA Digital Vaccine Record
  • Proof of Negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours from time of entry to venue.

Acceptable tests are Diagnostic Tests, Molecular Tests, RT-PCR Tests, NAAT Tests, Antigen Tests & Antibody (Serology) Tests.  Over the counter tests will not be accepted.

The announcement also states that if concert-goers opt for the negative COVID-19 test, some artists require a negative test within 48 hours of attending instead of 72 hours.

The mask policy has also been updated. Masks are required for anyone entering indoor areas of the Bowl, including the restrooms and hallways. Masks are strongly encouraged while outdoors for everyone, although if you are not vaccinated mask-wearing is required.

Concert-goers are urged to arrive at least 90 minutes early to get through the safety and security checks.

The changes can be viewed here.

Olde Mann Sep 03, 2021 11:11 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Where things were leading up to the pandemic weren't normal. This is the correction to normalcy. One of the things that has to happen is for the $2 trillion student loan bubble to collapse. Then we will see far fewer SBCC sign ups to come party in SB on government money. The latest 66 thousand fraudulent applications might do the trick.

a-1630569756 Sep 02, 2021 01:02 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Two new studies out, both of which mention the importance of retaining nonpharmaceutical interventions like masking and distancing in light of the Delta variant:

a-1630549297 Sep 01, 2021 07:21 PM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

I skimmed through this thread. I'm shocked how much time y'all have to write long posts!

Most of all, consider the stories of how bad the illness may be and how bad long Covid can be. Just protect yourselves. Consider the stories of conservative radio personalities who have died, and some of whom changed their minds in their last days and urged vaccination.
Remember, Lyme disease was discounted, as was Chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis, and other post-viral infection syndromes.

YouDownWIthGBC Sep 01, 2021 10:30 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Sac, GT and Voice I would love to get the 3 of you together in particular. Let's all talk it out! I'm sure we can find some common ground and look at ways we can help make the community we love even better together :)

sacjon Sep 01, 2021 11:27 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

YOUDOWN - That would be a fun meeting lol! Look, I'm not asking for much. If you make unfounded statements, I will ask for evidence. If you refuse to get vaxxed or wear a mask, I will be upset at your selfishness. I have multiple friends who refuse, and I live happily among them, despite my disappointment. We know our boundaries and that's fine. What gets my goat is the constant superiority complex of some, despite making fallacious and/or baseless arguments.

YouDownWIthGBC Sep 01, 2021 10:28 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

WOW - it's seriously so tragic to see how hostile and angry some of these comments are. Why are we judging others for their personal medical decisions? I have a hunch that this is internet commenting at its worst.. and that nobody would act like this in real life. I'm curious if some of the keyboard warriors have ever met in real life. I bet you'd treat each other very different in person.. despite differences. Heck you might even embrace the fact that you voted different, interpreted data different or have different approaches keeping yourself and your family safe. I will gladly host an event if we can get commitment from some of the most vocal commenters here. I'll provide food and we can have a beach day or something nice & outside. If you want to argue about data interpretation.. we can do that too but why don't we try and drop the aggression and the shunning of people regardless of how we feel about the choices they make.

dukemunson Sep 02, 2021 09:35 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Sac - I was responding/referring to Thomas John, who was wondering how the previous post lamenting the hostility and aggression on here by/towards our neighbors could be downvoted. It truly is crazy how divisive we have become as a society, with partisan politics truly ripping this country apart. What you call the "easy way out", I think is the core issue. We're losing the ability to objectively think. We've made party affiliation dogma. We call people who jog on the beach without a mask a "domestic terrorist".

But yes to answer your question, of course everyone should get vaccinated, that's logical and following the science. But realizing that masking kids at school (especially under 10) is just plain silly doesn't make someone a domestic terrorist. COVID will be endemic...we need to learn to live with it.

So no Sac, a call to civility shouldn't be shunned...it should be celebrated. I know I've probably written (and said) a few things too strongly...many of us on here have.

sacjon Sep 02, 2021 09:13 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

DUKE - dismissing the debate as "hyper partisan" is taking the easy way out. This is more about trust and common sense. Who do you trust? Your doctor or someone you "researched" on YouTube? Where's the common sense? If there's a highly contagious and deadly airborne virus, common sense dictates you wear a mask and get a vaccine if there is one. Sadly, too many have made it partisan, which makes the "trust" part even harder, on both sides. I choose to listen to my family doc and follow my gut instinct. I choose to suffer the minor inconvenience of a mask because I TRUST the medical experts and more so, my own doctor who recommends it for all ages (over 2 yrs). I'll keep trusting that.

dukemunson Sep 01, 2021 08:47 PM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Hyper partisan identity politics….which you see day in and day out here (and everywhere), is truly Ruining this country. You almost can’t have honest and civil debate anymore… and it’s truly tragic…

PitMix Sep 01, 2021 11:07 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Totally in conflict with the Spirit of living in a society and applying the golden rule to keep your neighbors and family and potential friends safe. And no, the golden rule is not- the ones that have the gold, rule.

sacjon Sep 01, 2021 09:43 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

JAMES B - how is it in conflict? You don't have to wear a mask in the mosh pit, you don't HAVE to get a shot against your will. You just have to show you are vaxxed or tested negative. Yeah, a little inconvenient, but global pandemic and almost 3/4 of a million Americans dead in the last year and such.......

greytfull Sep 01, 2021 08:22 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

How about all these Open-air Anti-vaxers? "Two weeks after the annual motorcycle rally in Sturgis, South Dakota, reported Covid infections in the state have risen nearly sixfold.
South Dakota counted 3,819 new cases in the past two weeks, including seven deaths, up from 644 cases in the 14 days preceding it. That makes it the state with the largest percent increase in Covid cases in the past two weeks..." If you don't care about yourself, fine, but please care about your neighbors and get vaccinated.

Byzantium Sep 01, 2021 09:32 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

If your neighbors are vaccinated, why are they worried? is not the better claim for a super-spread the Obama birthday party, in a closed tent? Where are the same tracking numbers you supply for the Sturgis event? However, we have long moved past fear of "cases" and our public arguments need to reflect the growing data confirming the 99.98% "case" recovery record and the growing confusion about the role of co-morbidities and the continuing financial incentives to label hospital "cases" as covid. "Case" numbers follow the normal flu season ups and downs while death rates have stayed remarkably low and flat. Where is the renewed crisis?

PitMix Sep 01, 2021 03:50 PM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Byz, you said "What has not changed is Reagan's other warning that the worst words in the English language are "I am from the government, and I am here to help"." Talk about straw dog arguments with false dichotomies! Extremist language pretending to be a "free flow of ideas" is merely recycled garbage to sensible people. That Reagan comment is the epitome of no government ever. Do you even read what you write?

Byzantium Sep 01, 2021 11:53 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Pitmix, those straw dog arguments of yours don't hunt no more. Enough with your false dichotomy rebuttals, please. You are merely arguing with your own agenda, which disrupts the free flow of ideas here by requiring a response to correct your intentional distortion of what someone else said. No one ever put "no government" on the table ever, except you. Conservative is not interchangeable with libertarian. Conservatives support prudent, efficient, limited, and accountable government just like they expect those same qualities in personal lives. Remembering that will stop a lot of static in future discussion.

sacjon Sep 01, 2021 11:45 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

VOICE - "Extremes?" Saying the government is "inefficient sometimes" is not an "extreme." Saying there "is simply no area where the government IS efficient" is the very definition of extreme. I just don't get the thinking here.

Voice of Reason Sep 01, 2021 11:33 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Again with the extremes Pit.... But seriously, sometimes inefficient? There is simply no area where the government IS efficient and that doesn't mean I'm anti-government, or want to abolish the government, while at the same time I can be anti-'big' government and want politicians and bureaucrats to have less control over our daily lives.

PitMix Sep 01, 2021 11:04 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Byz, are there any government programs that you personally benefit from? Water, sewage, electricity, roads, airports, public schools, environmental protection, food safety, coastal access, police, fire, coast guard, army, navy, the list is endless. I find it ludicrous that people who appear to be so anti-government cannot recognize that although inefficient sometimes, government does actually serve a useful purpose in our lives.

Byzantium Sep 01, 2021 09:26 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Reagan's "Trust, but verify" has changed somewhere in the past time line to became --- trust what I tell you or you will be banned. What has not changed is Reagan's other warning that the worst words in the English language are "I am from the government, and I am here to help".

Byzantium Aug 31, 2021 09:17 PM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Such slavish devotion to government authority figures one sees in these discussions here. Wonder where that came from, because it was certainly not the ethic coming out of the 1960's. When did the Age of Aquarius become the Age of Authoritarianism? When did this ideological turning point take place. From the earlier 1960's question authority to this 2020 bow down to authority and all questions get you banned and canceled, if you are lucky. Banished and vilified if you are not.

sacjon Sep 01, 2021 10:03 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

SAIL380 - Well, the odor spreads much farther than the actual breath particles. Also, the smoke from the joint/pipe, etc., does not have covid on it. But yeah, if someone blew pot or any smoke in my face, I'd be pretty pissed. Also, I'm not planning to go to the Bowl or any concerts any time soon. Not worth it to me yet.

Sail380 Sep 01, 2021 09:51 AM

Hey SACJON
Think of this next time your at the bowl and you can some pot smoke. Someone who could be infected just breathed out that air, vaxed or not.
I was more than likely vaccinated before you so don't call me an anti!!

sacjon Sep 01, 2021 08:21 AM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

BYZ - I don't think I've ever once listened to Fauci or any authority figure really speak about covid or tell me to wear a mask, other than a few snippets of a sound bite. It's common sense to me (and most of us thankfully) to protect ourselves from a highly infectious and deadly disease that spread across the planet in a matter of months. Part of that common sense protection plan is wearing a mask when we're close to others we don't know. We see docs wear them in surgery to avoid spreading germs. We see people all over Asia wear them ever since the bird flu. It just makes sense and since it's not a major inconvenience (well, unless you're a fussy ever-complainer), we wear them where it makes sense....around other people when we're close together. Vaccine? Yup, another common sense defense plan. We have been getting vaxxes since we were kids and if they have one against this deadly disease, we'll get one too.

You see, you and the other "rebels" think we're all waiting with bated breath for Fauci to "tell us what to do," but the reality is pretty much all of us already know what to do and using common sense, we take steps to protect ourselves and our families. It's not some complicated world domination plan as you people always make it out to be. Common sense. But, by all means keep fighting it! Just don't be one of those anti-max, anti-vax people all over the news, dying alone with a tube in your lungs, tweeting out "I made a mistake, I was wrong...." Or do it, we don't really care anymore. You go, you splendid rebels, go!

ZeroHawk Sep 01, 2021 01:16 PM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

it doesn't work? that is some really STUPID and dangerous things to share with a public that seems to think they know more than a doctor or virologist.
Seriously folks, maybe this is the best thing. It's called the Darwin Award and i see so many hopeful recipients in line for it in Santa Barbara

sacjon Aug 31, 2021 06:22 PM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

BDM - That makes absolutely no sense. They are only allowing vaccinated people in the bowl. How does that equate to the vaccine not working? Did you read the article or just crop dust us with a canned comment for any article with the word "vaccine" in it?

OGSB Aug 31, 2021 05:44 PM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

Seriously? The security there was already ridiculous. I got pulled aside for a small piece of tissue wadded up in my pocket once that I didn't notice when emptying them. I love the bowl, but not gonna wait in a 90 minute security line! Tix for sale on craigslist coming soon!

GeneralTree Aug 31, 2021 04:45 PM
Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test Needed for Bowl Shows

The whining anti-maskers and the domestic terrorist anti-vaxxers will be excluded. Deal with it. Can't wait until there is a fully approved vaccine for kids and we can require it in schools. Home school if you don't like it.

Pages