Two COVID-19 Deaths and 51 New Cases
By edhat staff
The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department (PHD) is reporting two COVID-19 deaths and 51 new cases on Wednesday.
One resident was over 70 years of age and one resident was between the ages of 30-49. Both residents resided in the City of Santa Maria and had underlying health conditions.
The total case count is now 8,550 with 231 of those currently infectious.
There are 39 hospitalizations including 13 in the intensive care unit (ICU).
More information is available at https://publichealthsbc.org/status-reports/.
Cottage Health-Specific Data
- Cottage Health is caring for a total of 251 patients across all campuses.
- 188 are acute care patients; 200 acute care beds remain available.
- Of the 188 acute care patients, 7 patients are on ventilators. 83 ventilators remain available (adult, pediatric and neonatal ventilators).
- Of the 188 acute care patients, 12 are in isolation with COVID-19 symptoms; 12 are confirmed COVID-19 positive.
- Of the 12 patients in isolation, 2 patients are in critical care.
- From August 24-30:
- From August 31-Sept 6: