Trike Rentals now require helmets

Trike Rentals now require helmets title=
Trike Rentals now require helmets

By John Palminteri, KEYT News

An interesting enforcement issue has come up in the waterfront - funk zone.

Read more on KEYT.com.

Roger Sep 28, 2017 01:56 PM
Trike Rentals now require helmets

I need one of those but still fighting getting one I coulda bought one a few years ago for 50 Bucks still want to kick myself for that but can't...

SBPaul Sep 27, 2017 03:32 PM
Trike Rentals now require helmets

They look like mobility scooters for the disabled. I used to work in the service industry and had a middle age couple roll in on something like this. I made some obvious efforts to accommodate what I perceived as a disability until they made it clear to me that they were using this for the convenience and that they were entirely capable of physical activity (both were beyond overweight). They added that they had a ramp to literally drive them into the back of the RV in a brag. I still helped them to my best but lightened up on helping with their physical needs but took heed to the obvious cognitive dissonance. Now I guess they can just bring the RV and rent a scooter. They will need a hat but that was probably a good idea anyway.

SBPaul Sep 27, 2017 08:55 AM
Trike Rentals now require helmets

There goes our ranking for best places to" get away" for being such a laid back community. If the segway people have to mess up their hair then so should these goofs. I wonder if their insurance company was aware of this safety practice?

Mesarats Sep 27, 2017 08:25 AM
Trike Rentals now require helmets

What was there before were small local business owners, tradesmen, marine, work space, and services, artists and industrial that served the community in a different way. I wouldn't call that embarrassing. The entertainment just shifted down and became more tourist oriented. Change happens and some win and some loose.
I am surprised the city lets them operate out of a dirt parking lot

ljameslandscape... Sep 27, 2017 08:20 AM
Trike Rentals now require helmets

Glad to see helmets required! These trikes whip around town, through commuter traffic, low to ground driven by clueless tourists and are an accident waiting to happen. They should also be required to sport those flags to help visibility.

a-1506546968 Sep 27, 2017 02:16 PM
Trike Rentals now require helmets

I'm sorry, if you can't see these guys that are as wide as two scooters welded together then an orange pennant isn't going to assist you. Please watch out for motorcyclists, scooterists and cyclists.

a-1506523223 Sep 27, 2017 07:40 AM
Trike Rentals now require helmets

The area known as the Funk Zone is a success because it brings more money to the economy, offers visitors and the community a place to go to enjoy food, wine, beer and music. What was there before was an embarrassment.