Trapeze in Vera Cruz Plaza?

By SB Walkers

In my walking down East Haley mid 100 block - Vera Cruz Plaza,  there is a trapeze setup.  In talking to one of the trapezers, he said they are there giving lessons to different age groups and anyone can go inside the fenced area and watch.  They will have a show on the 4th of July (I think)

Also, from what I understand, they will be there for quite a while.

Does anyone know more about it?

edney Jun 05, 2021 01:34 PM
Trapeze in Vera Cruz Plaza?

Via Google

sbmh2015 Jun 05, 2021 03:33 PM
Trapeze in Vera Cruz Plaza?

They used to be at Earl Warren Showgrounds. Moved to be closer to downtown and beach. Good company

Crystalandmaui Jun 06, 2021 08:27 AM
Trapeze in Vera Cruz Plaza?

I saw it too, yesterday, are they giving lessons to adults. I thought about stopping to ask, but had somewhere to go, in my younger years I thought this would be fun to do.

a-1623043259 Jun 06, 2021 10:20 PM
Trapeze in Vera Cruz Plaza?

The city didn't know what to do with this park due to extreme "misuse" so they fenced it off and allowed a trapeze company to set up shop. It's too bad they couldn't have thought of a use that could accommodate just a few more people. I think that this location would be the perfect home for a skatepark with advanced elements. I doubt that advanced skaters would be afraid of the location.

Byzantium Jun 07, 2021 06:07 PM
Trapeze in Vera Cruz Plaza?

Not too many personal residences in this area, so a specialty use as well as a passive visitor attraction was probably a good choice for this location.

forrealnews Jun 07, 2021 05:24 PM
Trapeze in Vera Cruz Plaza?

It was at Earl Warren for quite a while. I was so excited when they first put it up and went for a lesson. I was 40 years old when I did it. Crazy tons of fun! The ladder is the scariest part. The rest of it is much easier than you would think.

theflyingsuzi Jun 09, 2021 02:22 PM
Trapeze in Vera Cruz Plaza?

Here is some information about this amazing school for kids and adults of all ages.
and more about summer camp for kids ages 6 to just under 14 years old
I started flying on the trapeze at 40 years old and almost 20 years later, I'm still at it!