Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

Police are on scene investigating a report of a transient that has brandished a knife at people at Kid's World.

Basicinfo805 Sep 28, 2021 07:11 AM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

Rowse endorsed officially by the police and firefighters (Noozhawk). I wonder why? See ya Murillo. You’re time is over. And yeah, this loser hanging out in a kids park with a knife and harassing people is exactly what I’m talking about.

Transparent Sep 27, 2021 01:52 PM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

About a month back, a teenage girl was stabbed by a 'transient' in downtown Palo Alto.

Completely random, complete strangers, completely out of the blue, completely crazy. Lucky to be alive. The news outlets minimized it because it doesn't fit the PC narrative on what's actually going on in our beloved California...

Luvaduck Sep 27, 2021 05:03 PM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

The vagrant problem can't be solved until a sober look at reinstating instutional housing for those who are out of their minds regardless of whether it was caused by genetics, trauma or drugs. Reagan's idealistic belief that it was against personal freedom was wrong. On the street, not only are mentally disturbed people dangerous to others, they're dangerous to themselves and often the targets of abuse by the violent segments of society. Some of them can have decent lives if they are treated and keep on their meds. Others can't be helped much yet, but at least they can be feed, housed and protected.

Luvaduck Sep 27, 2021 04:54 PM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

Downtown, roughly a block or two toward the mountains from the funeral parlor/big church on State Street, near Keck Park, another area that's lost some of its utility. That used to be a good place for inexpensive weddings.

x01660 Sep 27, 2021 06:28 AM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

"I found myself mulling over a discussion in our class in History and Moral Philosophy. Mr. Dubois was talking about the disorders that preceded the breakup of the North American republic, back in the 20th century. According to him, there was a time just before they went down the drain when such crimes as murder were as common as dogfights. The Terror had not been just in North America -- Russia and the British Isles had it, too, as well as other places. But it reached its peak in North America shortly before things went to pieces.

"Law-abiding people," Dubois had told us, "hardly dared go into a public park at night. To do so was to risk attack by wolf packs of children, armed with chains, knives, home-made guns, bludgeons ... to be hurt at least, robbed most certainly, injured for life probably -- or even killed. This went on for years, right up to the war between the Russo-Anglo-American Alliance and the Chinese Hegemony. Murder, drug addiction, larceny, assult, and vandalism were commonplace. Nor were parks the only places -- these things happened also on the streets in daylight, on school grounds, even inside school buildings. But parks were so notoriously unsafe that honest people stayed clear of them after dark."

-Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Alexblue Sep 28, 2021 10:22 AM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

He also had Black characters, black female character, characters in polyamorous relationships, etc., etc.. He was pretty progressive for the time.

Alexblue Sep 27, 2021 05:51 PM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

Heinlein a bigoted fascist Misanthrope. Hmm. A letter that he wrote to his publisher when he was barely getting by trying to make it as a writer:

"I have deliberately selected a boy of Scotch-English pioneer ancestry, a boy whose father is a German immigrant, and a boy who is American Jewish. Having selected this diverse background they are then developed as American boys without reference to their backgrounds. You may run into an editor who does not want one of the young heroes to be Jewish. I will not do business with such a firm. The ancestry of the three boys is a “must” and the book is offered under those conditions. My interest was aroused in this book by the opportunity to show to kids what I conceive to be Americanism. The use of a diverse group . . . is part of my intent; it must not be changed. . . . I am as disinterested as a referee but I want to get over an object lesson in practical democracy."

Luvaduck Sep 27, 2021 04:51 PM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

Excellent. Before the advent of computer gaming, sci-fi was home to kids with imagination and high intelligence. Ad hominen remarks have been all the rage as conversation stoppers the last few years. To me, it resembles using the f-word as every part of speech in a short paragraph either from lack of vocabulary or laziness. It's lost shock value. Pity.

chico berkeley Sep 27, 2021 04:44 PM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

I read (gobbled)many books of all kinds as a kid.
I did like science fiction and had the original Star Wars novel.
I was reading with comprehension at college level when I was 10.
Your comments mimic another foul person on here.
Your obvious with your biases.

chico berkeley Sep 27, 2021 03:18 PM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

You are free to leave anytime.
I think I offered anyone a one-way ticket to anywhere else.
I will still honor my promise.
I wouldn't trust google past where I could throw it.

x01660 Sep 27, 2021 02:50 PM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

Here's the funny thing; I never made an argument to begin with. All I did was drop a quote from a book, something relevant to the original post (and in light of the recent TikTok trend of trashing school bathrooms). You all ASSUMED everything else. And even if we assume that the dropped quote WAS an argument, y'all STILL are making argumentative fallacies, and not responding with a refutation of what was said.

And I'm still waiting....

;)

PitMix Sep 27, 2021 02:10 PM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

Google Heinlein if you want a real education. But if you want to keep on honoring the juvenile fantasies like Heinlein or Ayn Rand you read as a youth, it is your right. Isn't the US a wonderful place?

x01660 Sep 27, 2021 01:28 PM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

What you just did there is what is referred to as "argumentum ad hominem" or against the person. It's a logical fallacy wherein you try to refute an argument by attacking the character of the person, rather than addressing the argument itself.

If you have an actual argument, I'd love to hear it. As it stands, you haven't made one. Try again, please.

chico berkeley Sep 27, 2021 10:23 AM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

I read all of his books as a kid.
None of what you say is correct as far as his books go.
At least he used his real name unlike anonymous posters with no balls.
Seems "fiction" is reality around here.
Where in the quote does it say anything that tells you " fiction written by a bigoted fascist misanthrope?"
Hate to tell you some of the people you think are current "Hero's" fit that description to a "T", I imagine.

Byzantium Sep 27, 2021 08:58 AM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

I am reminded how quickly the French Revolution (Liberty, Equality ,Fraternity) which intended to remake society, people and even the names of the months and days of the week, quickly became the Reign of Terror murdering anyone in opposition to their Great ReSet, which in turn was brought under control only by military strong man Napoleon who ultimately destroyed everything and set France back to the monarchy. One does not need to look to fiction - real life is lesson enough

Byzantium Sep 26, 2021 07:51 PM
Transient Brandishing Knife at Kid's World

City council election coming up - police in the community want a lot more support than they have gotten from present council members. One more example of their failure to deliver basic health and safety, while coddling those who commit the crimes..