Traffic Collision on W. Arrellaga

Traffic Accident with injuries at West Arrellaga and Chapala Street.

whiskybeach Oct 21, 2019 02:19 PM
Traffic Collision on W. Arrellaga

I walk this intersection every day. I was hit by a car in the same intersection when I was walking across Arrellaga. One problem I see regularly is with the drivers who are coming to a stop at Arrellaga. They tend to only look towards the direction of the one-way traffic on Chapala and don't look the opposite direction for incoming pedestrians. This doesn't sound to be the case with this particular accident, but count me in favor of a study on safety on that intersection.

a-1571695350 Oct 21, 2019 03:02 PM
Traffic Collision on W. Arrellaga

I walk this intersection to and from work everyday, twice daily...Some of the commenters are dead on - drivers who come to the stop sign, almost always only look to the direction of on-coming traffic, and almost NEVER look both ways before gunning it to make it across Chapala. More often than not I find myself having to stop short of the vehicle because the driver just doesn't take the time to look before proceeding. A light at this intersection seems to be a no-brainer. It's worse than the other intersection was down the road before they finally put up a light there.

Roger Oct 21, 2019 04:28 PM
Traffic Collision on W. Arrellaga

Dispatch said moped so I posted moped if they said scooter I would have posted scooter but they said moped jus sayin.

ypyetr Oct 22, 2019 07:31 AM
Traffic Collision on W. Arrellaga

Mopeds are motorized bicycles below a certain engine displacement size. Scooter has become more commonly associated with the ubiquitous "lime" or "bird" two wheeled stand-up style of vehicle since their introduction.

a-1571807542 Oct 22, 2019 10:12 PM
Traffic Collision on W. Arrellaga

Let me help you out with this: Moped's run on gasoline. Scooters are either electric or run on foot-propelling power.

a-1571807550 Oct 22, 2019 10:12 PM
Traffic Collision on W. Arrellaga

Let me help you out with this: Mopeds run on gasoline. Scooters are either electric or run on foot-propelling power.

a-1571807836 Oct 22, 2019 10:17 PM
Traffic Collision on W. Arrellaga

Mea culpa. Goofing up big time here. Mopeds can be electric or run on gasoline. The difference between a Moped and a Scooter is, as YPYETR stated: You sit on a Moped and, hopefully, wear a helmet. With a Scooter, which can be gasoline or electric or foot-powered, you stand.