Traffic Collision on Highway 154

Traffic collision at Highway 154 and Lake Cachuma with multiple injuries.

Roger May 15, 2020 09:04 PM
Traffic Collision on Highway 154

CHP has this posted fatality I sure thought that guy was going to make it Rest in Peace..

Roger May 15, 2020 07:21 PM
Traffic Collision on Highway 154

I heard before touch down that they were coming in with an accident victim with multiple fractures...

dboy57 May 15, 2020 07:17 PM
Traffic Collision on Highway 154

The roadway is totally unsafe, say it again and again, put a center divider up the middle of the road and lower the speed limit to 45mph but can't do it why?. Why?...…….

a-1591237135 May 16, 2020 07:56 AM
Traffic Collision on Highway 154

742 It was dangerous LONG before the casino was even a thought! The problem isn't the casino, it's the drivers... weird you blame the casino when they aren't even open right now lol. Kind of proves the problem isn't a place but more about the unsafe driving that happens on the road because people go too fast and don't pay attention and there are a lot of turns. More highway patrols would help I think but you NEVER see any law enforcement when driving that road.

Potif May 16, 2020 12:54 AM
Traffic Collision on Highway 154

As far as a divider, I’m not sure there’s enough room throughout the highway. And, people don’t obey the speed limit now. I’ve nearly been hit many times with unsafe and/or illegal (across single or double yellow lines) passing from the opposite direction. .....Once by a car traveling northbound... pulling a boat, coming around a curve, that had the solid yellow line. I couldn’t see it since I was behind a truck with a camper. But the truck slowed some, and pulled onto the shoulder suddenly, and wondering why he did.... I figured I should follow him. Thankfully, I did... as I then saw the car with the boat trailer swerve suddenly into his lane as he passed the car he was following to avoid the truck I had followed. The boat was too light, so it couldn’t follow the car that quickly, and literally almost jackknifed, bouncing into what had been about where I would have been. The boat was almost next to me as it bounced in ‘my’ lane. I would have at the very least... hit the boat if I hadn’t followed my instincts, and the truck onto the shoulder. I would still like to shake the truck driver’s hand, for the cue that something wasn’t right.

a-1591237135 May 15, 2020 08:00 PM
Traffic Collision on Highway 154

It would increase the time it takes to travel to the Casino - a negative revenue impact. It's called the Chumash Highway for a reason.

Roger May 15, 2020 06:21 PM
Traffic Collision on Highway 154

It was head on but I heard that one and one earlier the multi came from Cal Star they are not there yet...