Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting title=
Enzo Rastelli (courtesy photo)
Reads 20639

By edhat staff

Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office released the identity of the teenager killed in a shooting near Goleta last week as 19-year-old Enzo Marino Rastelli.

The shooting took place around 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 7 in the 600 block of Burtis Street in the unincorporated area of Santa Barbara County, often referred to as "Noleta."

It's believed Rastelli was in the passenger seat of a parked vehicle with another 19-year-old in the driver's seat. The suspect reportedly walked up to the vehicle and began shooting at the two teens.

Rastelli suffered fatal injuries while the other victim was transported to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital in critical but stable condition.

The Sheriff's Office placed the neighborhood on lockdown while they searched for the suspect, described as a male in his early 20’s, either white or Hispanic, with dark hair.  The lockdown was lifted after several hours as investigators believed the suspect had previously fled the area.

As of last week, the motive for the shooting had yet to be determined. The Sheriff's Office stated the suspect is still at large, however, investigators do not believe that the general public is at risk.

All residents who live within a half-mile radius of Burtis Street are asked to check their home security systems, cameras, and video doorbell technology,  for any suspicious activity between the hours of 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM on January 7. Suspicious activity could include unusual vehicles or persons, or activity that seems contrary to normal neighborhood activity.

Anyone with information or video should contact the Sheriff’s Criminal Investigations Bureau at 805-681-4150, or call the anonymous tip line at 805-681-4171.

A family member stated they are waiting on the autopsy report which is currently backlogged due to COVID-19 deaths, according to a GoFundMe account his family set up to help pay for funeral expenses.

The fundraising page stated Rastelli was enrolled in Santa Barbara City College's Culinary Arts program and greatly enjoyed cooking.

"He brought levity everywhere he went and with whomever he was around. He loved taking pictures... you’d always see him with his camera or GoPro in hand," the fundraiser page stated. "A true lover of the outdoors hanging out on mountain tops to surfing the ocean waves. An amazing athlete who excelled at everything he immersed himself in.  Loved by many with friends that cover the continent."

Friends described Rastelli as a "very adventurous, outgoing, funny, and kindhearted person who was loved by everyone that has had the privilege to meet him." A second online fundraiser was created by his friends here.

Related Articles

January 8, 2020: Sheriff Office Asks for Help in Fatal Goleta Shooting Leads

January 7, 2020: Suspect on the Loose in Fatal Goleta Shooting

[Editor's Note: This article has been updated with new information regarding the online fundraising campaigns]

Youngndumb Jan 13, 2021 09:59 AM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

Poor soul! RIP young man. Anyone else get curious and google the Rastelli name? Is he related to Rusty?
his family has ties to NY, which Joe Banana's is frometh.

JB86 Jan 12, 2021 11:14 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

Random observation; Enzo Rastelli would have been a great name for a celebrity chef. Maybe the world missed something great here. You never know. I make no judgments before the facts.

sacjon Jan 12, 2021 06:51 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

SBSAND - just as I thought... "A second online fundraiser was created by his friends here." Now, please take your presumptive and feigned "concern" elsewhere.

SBSand Jan 14, 2021 09:05 AM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

I wasn't spreading rumors, saw multiple accounts and stated a fact, you just are tripping and lashing out in anger at me for something NOT negative or harmful to the family.

[email protected] Jan 13, 2021 04:53 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

This is a very sad time and the Rastelli family lived in Florida and in Santa Barbara and on the same day friends on the east coast in Florida started a Gofundme account and Enzo's friends in Santa Barbara started a Gofundme on the west coast. There is no fraud only alot of people that loved Enzo and his family. It wasn't done on purpose. We love you all for your concern and Enzo is looking down from his heavenly mountain top wishing he could be with all of you and we are all blessed to have known him. May we all live life to the fullest and the next wave we surf and the next mountain we climb we give a shoot out to Enzo. We all love you and your love of life!!!

sacjon Jan 13, 2021 08:59 AM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

SBSAND - not much angers me other than people playing detective and spreading rumors and assumptions on articles regarding a tragic death, especially of a young person like this.

SBSand Jan 12, 2021 07:01 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

You are a really angry dude!

My concern was based upon double accounts online which can result in people fraudulently obtaining money from good-hearted people that want to help. Again, you are a bit out of control but that's not my problem. I'm glad that edhat updated the article and that it is transparent.

Sail380 Jan 13, 2021 08:40 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

People with knives kill people (Rogers) People with cars kill people(Attias). How about we spend time finding the reason someone wants to kill and fix the problem not blame the tool.

PitMix Jan 13, 2021 07:17 AM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

Easy availability of guns, handguns in particular. One gun for every USian. Easy for criminals to get them. Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people.

a-1610495773 Jan 12, 2021 03:56 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

Uh, are we sure this is the right GoFundMe link? The one in the Edhat article is completely lacking details and looks potentially fraudulent!! The one SBSAND linked has tons of pictures and details (and about 4x the money raised).

yin yang Jan 12, 2021 11:59 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

I have never run to see if there is a Go Fund Me account. I only know of them from news articles. I look around before I donate to medical causes. Help with death is a little different. And yes, it IS my money I'm donating.

yin yang Jan 12, 2021 11:56 PM

Dang threading.
This was directed at Sacjon, with whom I often agree.
"Sadly, you are doing the same. I donated to the first cited in the article, the only one I knew of before reading Edhat."

SBSand Jan 12, 2021 06:26 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

PS Jon - A 19-year-old boy, maybe 2 if the other is seriously injured, losing their life to gun violence in my neighborhood DOES offend me, however. It is sad, it is worrisome, it makes me angry. I want to know what happened and who did it and I want it stopped. He clearly isn't your run of the mill gang SB member so yes, speculation, leads us to wonder what else had happened. My heart aches for the family and loved ones, and for a young life lost... and also, fraud - that offends me.

sacjon Jan 12, 2021 06:23 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

SBAND - I'm defensive because you're sullying the comment section of a tragic death with your uninvited assessments based on your own boredom and paranoia. Believe it or not, sometimes people have more than one group of friends/family. Take your weird "concern" elsewhere.

SBSand Jan 12, 2021 06:05 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

Sacjon you are strangely defensive and that also concerns me...

Multiple gofundme accounts speak of fraud, that's a fact based in reality. But enjoy being defensive, it does not offend me.

sacjon Jan 12, 2021 04:43 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

4:41 - is it your money? No? Then not your problem. Why do people here always run to see if there's a gofundme account every time someone dies? I've seen it time and time again people here complaining that either A) there shouldn't be or B) why so much is being given or C) there's multiple ones, therefore something sinister is afooot.

a-1610498466 Jan 12, 2021 04:41 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

SACJON, consider that there is "criticism" (is this what we're calling due diligence these days?) not because people like to complain, but because people actually care that the money is going to the right hands and that those in need are not swindled out of donations. This is why it is against GoFundMe rules to have multiple campaigns for the same cause: to prevent fraud. Allowing multiple campaigns means bad actors can easily swipe details, photos, etc. and create a convincing duplicate campaign. "So what?" Well, if this is the case, that is $6k+ going to a stranger. That's a big "so what" in my opinion.

sacjon Jan 12, 2021 04:26 PM
Teenage Victim Identified in Goleta Shooting

SBSAND - so what? Maybe multiple people are trying to help. How does this affect you? Why is there always someone criticizing gofundme efforts whenever someone dies unexpectedly? So ghoulish!