SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo title=

By SBlocal

Someone is not having a great morning after trying to make a left-hand turn exiting the parking lot of the CVS store on Carrillo, Friday.

Apparently, they didn't see the boulder or the tree in the middle of the street in the center divider and they ended up running right into them. - Maybe I should say halfway over the boulder.

This isn't the first time an accident like this has happened, seems like the City needs to do something about this.

Roger Dec 30, 2017 04:43 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

It's not a legal left turn driving over a boulder and hitting a tree....I hope the driver pays for killing that poor tree...

a-1516573463 Dec 30, 2017 02:49 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

The super fast drivers need to learn how to calm down when they are behind the wheel. If they have anger issues, well, I can't help 'em out today....or tomorrow. Each and every time I get into one of my vehicles, I aim my car down the road, I stay off the telephone, I do not text, I do not eat food, I do not drink ANYTHING (especially booze, or hot drinks!), I am in control of and responsible for everyone in my car, I follow the rules, and yes, I am an excellent driver (thought about becoming a professional driver). That being said, if you are a tweekie idiot driver and want to play games with me, bring......it......ON!

a-1516573463 Dec 30, 2017 02:00 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

Too many people are behind the wheel and doing everything but concentrating on their driving. We are about to see an increase in traffic accidents as more people smoke grass and drive. Watch! As to moving over while holding up traffic in the fast lane: The people that do this force other drivers to pass on their right, a dangerous maneuver. The CHP is in charge of enforcing speed laws! It is not up to drivers to hold up faster going cars, even those that are speeding. We have many new drivers from foreign countries who started driving in middle age or later. You cannot learn how to drive properly in the middle or later years of your life! Most Americans drive at 16 and many in rural areas, even earlier. Most Americans drive on instincts honed over decades of driving, Many foreign drivers don't begin to drive until they come to the USA , AND will never learn how to drive properly. It is something that cannot be acquired in mid-life or later.

a-1516573463 Dec 31, 2017 09:12 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

Did you mean the people who DON'T do this? "As to moving over while holding up traffic in the fast lane: The people that do this force other drivers to pass on their right ..."

tagdes Dec 30, 2017 07:15 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

And driving is not all that difficult...dog forbid a mid life or older person trying to learn how to dance, play an instrument, read, learn a second language or learn how to make babies. Most of us start honing our baby making skills at 16 or even younger in some rural areas that's why the only foreign babies here come from younger couples...I'm older and no way would I try to learn something new.

a-1516573463 Dec 30, 2017 12:00 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

If I am driving the speed LIMIT (key word = Limit = Maximum Safe Speed), and you want to drive illegally above the speed limit, then by all means.....drive around me. You want to drive insanely fast, cutting lanes, cutting people off, then please do what you want to do, but you are not going to intimidate me by getting on my tail and flashing your lights, and throwing a temper-tantrum (whaaaaaaaaa, whaaaaaaa, "get out of MY way!!!" Whaaaaaaaa.....). Life if too short to care about speeding. Just sayin'.

a-1516573463 Dec 30, 2017 02:04 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

#455-You have no right to hold up traffic. By law, you must not hold up traffic. One of these days you will antagonize the wrong driver and they could resort to road rage violence against you! Is it worth it?

a-1516573463 Dec 30, 2017 01:05 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

It's actually illegal to not move over for faster traffic if you are able. Speed limit exceeded or not. It's more dangerous for everyone if you force the psycho drivers to pass on the right.

SBZZ Dec 30, 2017 09:45 AM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

Cbilly - Even though the speed limit on 101 is 65 mph, people going the speed limit should pull over so you can drive faster and can break the law. Makes sense.

a-1516573463 Dec 30, 2017 11:15 AM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

You're only supposed to drive in the left most lanes when you're PASSING, and NOT when you feel it is your (superior, no doubt) moral duty to block other people ..

a-1516573463 Dec 30, 2017 10:14 AM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

I don't like it either, BUT it is safer for everyone. Regardless of speed limit, if there are multiple lanes and someone behind you wants to go faster, move over.

CCHandyMan Dec 30, 2017 09:22 AM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

And besides, it's illegal to make a turn over a double-double yellow line which is the same as a center divider. In addition to the damage to their car this person should receive a citation/fine for an illegal left turn and then also be billed for the damage to city property (ie: the tree). A pretty expensive lesson to be learned here.

a-1516573463 Dec 30, 2017 10:19 AM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

It is NOT an illegal turn, that's not a double double yellow, it's a shared left turn lane. The angle is a bit weird, check it out on Google Streetview if you want to verify. The driver cut the turn instead of going wide, there is plenty of room to make the left if you don't cut the corner. Dumb driver, but not an illegal turn.

a-1516573463 Dec 29, 2017 07:09 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

Can't hold the City responsible for irresponsible drivers - or at least drivers acting irresponsibly. I think that's what tickets and fines are for. Perhaps hold the car maker responsible for making the car too tall that the driver couldn't see the center divider along with the boulder and tree planted in it.

a-1516573463 Dec 30, 2017 10:20 AM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

Yes it is legal, there is a shared left turn lane in the middle of the road there. This driver just cut the corner, watching for traffic instead of where they were going!

a-1516573463 Dec 29, 2017 07:37 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

Since there are a boulder, a tree and curbing preventing left turns, I'd assume that left turns aren't legal there.

420722 Dec 29, 2017 04:27 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

Wow op..I’m curious...what do you suppose the city should do to all people that drive right into store fronts? Which does happen quite often here! The answer is for people to pay attention and nothing more.

LocalMatt Dec 29, 2017 04:25 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

The boulders are there so people dont drive over the center divider. Besides,the giant tree should be pretty obvious!

mattyboy Dec 29, 2017 04:12 PM
SUV Crashes into Boulder on Carrillo

What do you want the city to do, write the driver a personalized letter letting them know they're an idiot?