Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

A suspicious subject reportedly watching children play at Kid's World. He's described as a white male adult (WMA) wearing a blue ball cap, green sweater, associated with a green van parked on Santa Barbara Street.

a-1527781473 May 31, 2018 08:44 AM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

"So I posted it" sounds about as good as Roseanne Barr's excuse--ambien and OTC medication made me say it. Of course anyone associated with a van should be detained. Let's set up a "no van zone" within 1/2 mile of any place children congregate...except of course for soccer moms and such.

Ahchooo May 31, 2018 08:49 PM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

Yes, please don't complain about what Roger posts. He posts what he hears--all kinds of whacky stuff. It tells us what people are calling in about, and what the police have to respond to. It does not tell us who is guilty. It is not a scientific representation of local crime.

Roger May 31, 2018 02:06 PM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

Maybe you should protest Megans Law while your at it there are pictures and addresses of actual offenders in there and it's not only legal but the law that they be posted. I don't see pitch forks and torches over that.

a-1527799343 May 31, 2018 01:42 PM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

RHS - the only comments here exhibiting any "fear" and "over reaction" are your own. Everyone else is just saying to let it be. Someone thought the guy was creepy, so they called it in. That is all. Now try to enjoy what's left of your day!

RHS May 31, 2018 01:40 PM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

Yes. The most evil of pieces of the evidence. What in the world does "watching children" mean anyway? What if he was allegedly "watching young mothers? My point is that these sorts of "alerts" are just creating and justifying hysteria and over reaction. People will make all sorts of mischief of this sort of thing. We do a disservice to spread it. If the police want to walk around to discourage bad actors that is one thing but posting this sort of stuff widely increases public fear and over reaction. As we can see from the comments here.

Roger May 31, 2018 11:59 AM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

Whoa your way off base...I will continue to report what I hear on the Scanner despite opinions to the contrary as I have for almost 9 years I have driven a van before too I hope to again someday I'm a white male I wear a blue cap I don't watch children though I don't have a problem with the police questioning me either..I'm not reporting anything to do with Donald Trump, Russians, MS-13...Why in your world would you think I'd report anything about Gay Folks congregating in a park I'd probably be hanging out with them.

Roger May 31, 2018 01:44 PM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

That was the description of a suspicious person and I posted this post a few minutes after it went out when the police were on scene. Confronting someone when they are standing next to a police officer well that is up to you either way I owe no explanation of what I post...

a-1527787350 May 31, 2018 10:22 AM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

RHS - you've completely missed the point. Those are all questions to ask the reporting party and the cops. The police are responding to someone's concern about a person, that is all. That is all that is happening, nothing more. Roger simply posted what he heard the police say they were called to go do. NOTHING nefarious, incendiary or gossipy about this. It is simply a FACT that someone called this in and the police are checking it out. You should relax, you're getting way too worked up about a very simple and benign situation.

RHS May 31, 2018 10:13 AM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

The point is exactly as you (511) note: "suspicious in the eyes of the beholder" is completely void of any objective criteria but lends itself to innuendo when the facts that are available are considered. White Male, Van, Baseball Cap, near park. What in these most common of denominators makes this a "suspicious person"? Is it not the mere presence of a male near a park where children play? Should someone confront this person? Should he have to explain his presence in a public place? How long should he be detained while his background is checked out? Should he be logged and checked on in the future?

a-1527786355 May 31, 2018 10:05 AM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

RHS - no, no, no and no. Posting scanner reports is not "passing on gossip and rumor and 'fake news,'" it is simply posting what the police / fire dept. are talking about. Some of us are interested in that info. It is simple facts, not "incendiary stuff." If the police get a call, it is a fact that they got that call and, regardless of what the subject is, it is broadcast on the scanner, Roger hears it and posts it. Please explain how the call to check on a suspicious person (suspicious in the eyes of the reporting party) is "gossip" or "incendiary?"

RHS May 31, 2018 09:57 AM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

Repeating what one hears without thinking is the cause of much evil in the world. Simply passing on gossip and rumor and "fake news" is what let the Russians compromise our elections. Trump perpetuates this bad behavior when he alludes to immigrant "rapists" and "MS 13" being from "over there" and other incomplete crap. Responsible people (Roger included) should refrain from "sharing" incendiary stuff without some perspective. Really, if something came over the scanner that gay people were congregating in a city park would he share that simply because it was told him?

a-1527782847 May 31, 2018 09:07 AM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

Posting a comment based on what comes over the scanner (which is what Roger does) is NOTHING like the foul and racist comment Roseanne made. Do not confuse trying to help with trying to hurt. It's so completely different, I'm really surprised you had the low class to attempt to compare the 2.

a-1527782728 May 31, 2018 09:05 AM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

Roger posts what he hears on the scanner, it's that simple. He doesn't have time to read into every call and determine whether you may be offended. This is the service he provides. Don't like it, don't read it.

Ryan93105 May 30, 2018 07:24 PM
Suspicious Subject Near Kids World

You want to think "maybe he lost a kid, or had a kid that grew up and moved away, and he just wanted to see kids play". But then you see words like "green van" and that pretty much puts the kibosh on any "maybe he's just innocently watching kids play" thoughts.