Suspicious Subject at La Cumbre Jr High

SB Police Department responding with lights and sirens (code 3) to La Cumbre Junior High for a subject with a knife, possibly on the campus. The subject is on the field wearing all black: top and pants.

Roger Feb 28, 2019 04:28 PM
Suspicious Subject at La Cumbre Jr High

I know man now that song is stuck in my head...But I guess that is what I get for reporting this there are just some things you should never report on in SOME parts of Santa Barbara angels live there...LaaaLaaLaaa I can hear them singing in my head.

a-1558348355 Feb 28, 2019 03:13 PM
Suspicious Subject at La Cumbre Jr High

Thankfully for all concerned you retired and your rush to judgments are no longer a threat to students or staff at La Cumbre.

a-1558348355 Feb 28, 2019 02:53 PM
Suspicious Subject at La Cumbre Jr High

Roger I agree with you. I went straight to Guns and Roses too. It's about life not anything to do with Racist people. I have never in my life considered it any other way. Just like Jay-Z's song that talks about the "Concrete Jungle" we all call New York City, is that racist too? People stop being so quick to judge and interpret innocent comments. We are now making everything so PC that no one can speak without being attacked.

Roger Feb 28, 2019 05:49 AM
Suspicious Subject at La Cumbre Jr High

I did not think about it as racist at all I though about the song by Guns and Roses, "Welcome to the Jungle" maybe you should watch the video it's on you tube. To me the Jungle is life...As far as the school goes it might be a great school and this might be an isolated incident but everything changes also and the West Side has gang activity just like the East Side does...

Potif Feb 27, 2019 11:56 PM
Suspicious Subject at La Cumbre Jr High

When I think of a ‘jungle’ I think of a scary and dangerous place... with lions, elephants, rhinoceros, hippos and such. However, IF I were to relate the word ‘jungle’ to a race of people it would probably NOT be Latinos. I think of rain forests, not jungles in South America, and parts of Mexico. Along with arid deserts like we have.

BullseyeB Feb 27, 2019 07:49 PM
Suspicious Subject at La Cumbre Jr High

“Welcome to the JUNGLE?” Isn’t racist? Please. La Cumbre Junior High School has fought for years in this town against white flight and the pejorative terms used against Latinos. The misguided perception that La Cumbre is full of gang activity day in and day out had finally been eradicated and is now creeping back in to our local society’s beliefs.

Ryan93105 Feb 27, 2019 07:45 PM
Suspicious Subject at La Cumbre Jr High

Unless the Mr Brock thing is somehow linked to racism or something, in which case I would agree that it is indeed disgustingly racist. I should probably google Mr Brock before I make this post. Oh well.

BullseyeB Feb 27, 2019 06:07 PM
Suspicious Subject at La Cumbre Jr High

Do you have any clue how disgustingly racist this comment is? I taught at La Cumbre for 7 years until I retired. There is no “jungle” about it. It is a clean, well kept, well run (under Jo Ann Caines) campus that has made great strides in test scores, school climate and parent participation. If you would like to experience the positive atmosphere for yourself, please call the school and ask for a tour. Then come back here and post your apology.