Support Edhat in 2020

Happy New Year edhat readers! It's hard to believe that edhat has been around for over 16 years and has continued to evolve with the media landscape.

Edhat launched in late 2003, just a few months after Myspace. Back then the biggest websites were AOL and About.com. Remember the search engines Lycos and Excite? Look how far we've come and edhat has been right there, continuously providing the community of Santa Barbara with free news and captivating conversation.

As we enter 2020, Ed and the dedicated staff of edhat.com are excited about new developments and more technical fixes and upgrades. We will continue to make edhat the go-to website for locals to discuss everything from politics to sunset photos.

We wouldn't be able to do it without the support of our readers. Continue sending in your questions, photos, news tips, reports, and anything else you think the community would like to know, and we'll keep doing what we're doing.

To help us keep on keeping on, please renew your edhat subscription or gift a subscription to a friend, make a financial contribution, and urge your favorite local businesses to advertise with us! [Instructions on these below]

Thank you to everyone for your continued support and readership. We greatly appreciate it!

Sincerely,
Lauren Bray, publisher
Ed, the boss
The Dedicated Staff of edhat.com

Renew Your Edhat Subscription

Many of you have subscriptions on auto-renewal but if you've let your subscription lapse and would like to re-renew, click here. If you're unsure what the status of your subscription currently is, click on "Manage account" or email us at [email protected]

Gift a Subscription

Email us at [email protected] with the name and email address of the person you'd like to gift a subscription to and we'll provide further instructions.

Contribute to Edhat

Click here to donate any amount of money to edhat. Keep in mind, any contribution to edhat, LLC is not tax-deductible and is considered a gift to keep this local grassroots organization going. We appreciate the support!

Urge Local Businesses to Advertise on Edhat

Visit your favorite local businesses and tell them how great they are and how they should advertise on Santa Barbara's best read website!

PitMix Jan 06, 2020 02:02 PM
Support Edhat in 2020

I've noticed a bunch of people that used to contribute a lot to the discussions here seem to have been discouraged from posting by commentors with their extreme positions who sometimes make very personal attacks. How do you make this site a comfortable place for them to be again? For me, I've concluded that you have to make it so that only paid subscribers can post, and posters that are not civil and repeatedly post false information get booted off the site. But if you want a public site where emergency information can be disseminated quickly, you are doing a great job.

Red Creek Jan 05, 2020 09:49 AM
Support Edhat in 2020

EdHat is our daily "go -to" source for local happenings and much more. Good example is the letter and response on Christmas tree recycling this week. Got our tree out to the green waste just in time. Your fire/disaster coverage is outstanding. Can't help but like the comments section and even the trolls. Gives a snapshot of local opinion. Please keep up your outstanding service. It is appreciated.

a-1582008129 Jan 04, 2020 06:46 PM
Support Edhat in 2020

Edhat lost most of my interest when it could no longer forward items on Email. I do not subscribe to social media due to their lack of security. No longer useful to me most of the time.

Edhat Staff Jan 05, 2020 10:19 AM
Support Edhat in 2020

You can copy the link and paste it into an email.

jqb Jan 04, 2020 12:26 PM
Support Edhat in 2020

"Edhat launched in late 2003" -- You mean "Peter Sklar launched Edhat in late 2003". There is no Ed.

a-1582008129 Jan 04, 2020 10:12 AM
Support Edhat in 2020

Edhat used to email us subscription renewal notices. Is this no longer done?

yin yang Jan 03, 2020 10:59 PM
Support Edhat in 2020

Lauren, and all of Edhat, thank you very much for your work. I took a long break, but I'd still read. Once I saw I wanted to post again, I paid. Of course, it involved natural disasters. Those alone should cause people to pay Edhat! Whatever it takes. If you spend time here they deserve some money from us, whether donation or subscription.

Ahchooo Jan 03, 2020 03:44 PM
Support Edhat in 2020

I wish you would offer the option to buy a one-year, non-renewing subscription online.

yin yang Jan 03, 2020 10:57 PM
Support Edhat in 2020

Oh. That's not good. I'll choose the good side and assume you get a notice of future renewal, as all my news and non-profit sites do.

a-1582008129 Jan 03, 2020 01:43 PM
Support Edhat in 2020

Thanks for all you do edhat! Just renewed my subscription and gifted one for a friend.