By Scanner Andrew

Police are on scene investigating a subject who spit on someone on an MTD bus. Police found the subject at Milpas & Canon Perdido and resisted arrest. More units responded with lights and sirens.

doulie Jun 23, 2021 08:17 AM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

Zero - why don't we just let the officers in the field and their supervisor determine how many units are needed on a call; when they are no longer needed & can be "cleared." Cars may be sent you don't believe are necessary, I'll guess once an officer arrives and sees they aren't needed they will leave without stopping.

a-1624402485 Jun 22, 2021 03:54 PM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

I think the point is that yes, it was despicable and deserves an arrest, but it doesn't require the entire on-duty police force to respond.

Roger Jun 22, 2021 04:00 PM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

Will then maybe what you guys ought to do is call the PD and voice your opinion...You obviously think they are all sissies because they sent several vehicles and too many police officers to deal with one subject who resisted arrest in your opinion...Then leave your cell phone numbers so you can be "On call" for the next violent suspect and you and the other one can citizens arrest them and transport them to jail. That is the fun part you'll like that you can be a Social Worker..

a-1624411746 Jun 22, 2021 06:29 PM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

I don't think they are sissies at all. I do think that there is a lot of unnecessary waste by certain government offices, and that spending takes away from "what could have been" in other areas. Is this the case here? I have no idea, I was explaining what the other comment's point of view may have been. And anyway, checks and balances are not a bad thing, even if they turn out to be unfounded sometimes. I think they have fallen to the wayside for certain offices.

doulie Jun 23, 2021 09:16 AM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

Gregoreo - San Marcos and its fans have no vaunted history of their own. For this reason they enjoy cruising through SBHS to see a powerful force and legend that is SBHS. After driving off this legendary campus they will meddle with "Bessy The Cow" in a failed attempt to be recognized:)

a-1624411959 Jun 22, 2021 06:32 PM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

I don’t really see the problem with sending more officers than is absolutely necessary. They can stand by, witness the situation, but still be called off if another urgent incident occurs.

Basicinfo805 Jun 22, 2021 06:39 PM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

I agree they prob didn't need that many officers, IF they could just be able to do their job and bust the clown using whatever appropriate force they needed to based on his (or her) compliance, but guess what? There's such a lame culture of blaming and second guessing police for everything they do by the likes of the armchair types I'm reading here, so they now need to use an army of officers for this type of stuff. Zero, you want to sign up to be a police officer? Do you know any personally? Family or friends? Didn't think so...

ChillinGrillin Jun 22, 2021 10:21 PM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

Like it or not, we still live in a democracy with law and order, not a Punisher comic strip. Officers like Derek Chauvin should not get over a dozen excessive force complaints w/o consequences and then choke an unarmed man out for 9 1/2 minutes for using a counterfeit $20 at a convenience store. That isn't tough or good policing, it's sad and brutal. Police should not conduct no-knock warrants without IDing themselves as police then shoot a paramedic while she's sleeping (Breonna Taylor). As usual the cons are gaslighting and strawmanning the argument because they have no valid points. The police actions people are angry with go against the internal policies of the police departments themselves, and reflect a lack of functioning oversight within the departments, creating a need for oversight from elected officials. That being said, SBPD is an excellent agency with forward-thinking policies that focus on de-escalation and building trust in the community.

ChemicalSuperFreak Jun 22, 2021 11:15 PM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

Breonna Taylor was not sleeping. Why would you make that up? Breonna wasn't even in her bedroom. She was in the hallway when she was shot and killed. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Breonna_Taylor#Shooting_and_aftermath)

a-1624490309 Jun 23, 2021 04:18 PM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

Second guessing the police is a lame game? No, that's how you keep a PD from turning into a murderous PD a la Minneapolis PD. It is insane that police departments and individual police officers are by and large completely detached from their misgivings and mistakes, it is unlike any other profession in the country. And look what that attitude has bred... I support causes to regulate the police industry the same way the trucking industry is regulated. At both the employee and the employer level, safety scores are assigned based on performance. Good work raises your score. Poor work, mistakes, and accidents lower your score. Your score drops too low, you're done or heavily restricted until you prove your worth. Another method that works similarly is to require individual police officers to carry liability insurance, just like all other professionals do (doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc.) If insurance carriers find you to be too much of a risk and you can't get insurance, you're done. This pattern of internal reviews and endless slaps on the wrist has to end.

Roger Jun 22, 2021 07:21 PM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

I think they send more officers to shut down the potential action of the violent offender, they respond code 3 lights and sirens the subject knows they are going to be in a world of sh$t if they don't calm down or beat feet. I know this from experience as I was a violent offender under the influence of alcohol. I assure you there are no sissies in the SBPD they are all willing to ride on your back into hell if need be they are very dedicated, they want to shut down trouble before it happens 18 Plus years off the bottle and the violence. The last time I got busted I had a bunch of warrants for vandalism, attacking buildings, jumping through a plate glass window crazy crap..I'm 5150 And a half I don't have to prove anything to any of you I'm sure there are still people around that witnessed it..This spitter has a history of violence they just wanted to shut it down before it started and that is the best way to do it..One time they was taking me up to jail I "Piged this and piged that all the way there." I got out of the unit to get walked into jail there was 10 jail guards there holding their P.R. 24'S JUST WAITING FOR ME TO SAY THE "p" WORD. One of em says "You got anything else to say?" I said "Yes I do and added I have never been arrested by better people in all my life, you are the nicest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, and the jail is nice and clean too.." I woulda shined their shoes if they asked me to. Those guys were not going to hit me they were just there for show...I would not blame them if they showed up with the Bear Cat.

SBLetsGetAlong Jun 22, 2021 09:23 PM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

Thank you SBPD for doing the hard work , doing what is right. Without you this would be a lawless society. This would not be “civilization “

Jence Jun 22, 2021 11:15 PM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

What ever happened to that new "Spiderman" (my words) gun they came out with where the cops can shoot it at a perp and it wraps around them so they can't run? No need for lethal or stun. I heard last year that L.A. got them but I would love to see them here too. I guess they're pretty expensive. Perhaps all those sitting up in County can do some work like highway maintenance or building walls or bridges or something to pay for them. No shame in a chain gang if you committed a crime. That would be great.

LoveMySB Jun 23, 2021 09:07 AM
Subject Resisting Arrest on Milpas

Better to send to many than not enough in case it gets out of hand which can happen quickly. If they are not needed, they leave.
Personally I think we have an excellent police department in Santa Barbara. They have always been respectful and professional when I have had to interact with them.
All those people with the negative comments about SBPD should try being a cop. You probably wouldn't last a day. Thank you SBPD for all you do to protect this city.