Subject Electrocuted at Ranch Oso

Possible electrocution at Rancho Oso in the 3700 Block of Paradise Road. Fire and Medics responded earlier.

ParvoPup Feb 03, 2019 04:11 PM
Subject Electrocuted at Ranch Oso

Rancho Oso is an RV Campground for retired goobers who roll in with a 80k rig with a supplemental generator to run their DirecTV. I was working on Paradise Road when the call came in, which was the same time the rain was dumping and lightning was walking the ridge line. Not surprised if some dude got hard-charged while standing in water and his hands on powered metal.

Roger Feb 03, 2019 05:42 PM
Subject Electrocuted at Ranch Oso

I did not hear anymore after the first call out or I would have Updated I don't make up stories just because nothing bad happens here...Thanks PARVOPUP.

a-1576394142 Feb 03, 2019 03:56 PM
Subject Electrocuted at Ranch Oso

If it says he was electrocuted then he must have died. I wonder why there's no follow-up?

pstarSR Feb 03, 2019 08:04 AM
Subject Electrocuted at Ranch Oso

I deal with electricity all day, and I dont care what verbiage is used. no one wants to be shocked. hope all is well for the person involved

a-1576394142 Feb 02, 2019 10:47 PM
Subject Electrocuted at Ranch Oso

I'm sorry to be debating lexicography when someone may be dead or horribly injured. My thoughts and best wishes to them. I also want to find out what if anything was destroyed in that debris flow in the creek below Whittier burn scar! I heard it took out someone's new barn.

a-1576394142 Feb 02, 2019 01:36 PM
Subject Electrocuted at Ranch Oso

I wonder if it's a real electrocution, in which, by definition, someone died, or if it's just someone who received an electrical shock?

tagdes Feb 02, 2019 05:52 PM
Subject Electrocuted at Ranch Oso

I'm really too busy right now living in the present. How about you and Mas checking it out for all of us.

Mas Gaviota Feb 02, 2019 05:46 PM
Subject Electrocuted at Ranch Oso

Looks like a battle between Cambridge and Merriam Webster's definitions. This could be a great topic for a poll.

a-1576394142 Feb 02, 2019 05:04 PM
Subject Electrocuted at Ranch Oso

TAGDES, Google the Cambridge Dictionary: "Electrocute: to send electricity through someone's body, causing death." One definition and one definition only. Using the word to mean "shock" is a fairly recent happenstance, and the fact that it now means something else is only one other nail in the coffin of the English language.

tagdes Feb 02, 2019 02:25 PM
Subject Electrocuted at Ranch Oso

This has come up before an Google is your friend....elecrocution, death or serious injury caused by electric shock, derived from "electro" and "execution" it also is used for accidental death and to describe non-fatal injuries due to electric shock. Both Wiki and Merriam Webster concur.