Students Fighting Behind Vons

Fight behind the Vons off Turnpike, 6 juvenile males from San Marcos High School.

a-1516993914 Jan 26, 2018 11:11 AM
Students Fighting Behind Vons

We had fights at SBJHS and SBHS every so often, back in the 60s-70s. The girl fights were the most interesting ones and drew the biggest crowds. There were some methodically menacing female bullies, too, mostly at SBJHS. A shout-out to Paula and Paulette.

fuelpincher Jan 26, 2018 06:42 AM
Students Fighting Behind Vons

Many moons ago, when I was in high school, boys caught fighting were hauled to the gymnasium, issued 16oz boxing gloves and told to have at it. Boys will always fight so why not try to keep it safer? Sometimes the old ways were better...

ButterFly_1957 Jan 26, 2018 07:30 AM
Students Fighting Behind Vons

But then someone would lose in that scenario, SB doesn't have losers, only varying degrees of winners

Flicka Jan 25, 2018 06:46 PM
Students Fighting Behind Vons

Who cares? Violence is plain old not acceptable. Interesting there were fights at Bishop. I went to the Bishop forerunner, Santa Barbara Catholic High. With nuns and priests running the school, fighters would have been immediately dismissed. A goodly number of boys in our freshman class were drinking at a school dance, kicked out of school at once. Apparently this fight of SMHS pupils was off campus, needs only cops involved. Parents must be proud!

a-1516927046 Jan 25, 2018 04:37 PM
Students Fighting Behind Vons

There is a long history of fighting at just about every school. Not sure how campus security, which they do have, would have done anything about this OFF CAMPUS matter. Does the internet just breed stupidity?

pstarSR Jan 25, 2018 02:53 PM
Students Fighting Behind Vons

larger numbers of kids in a confined area, they will fray nerves and cause issues.

I went to bishop and we had fights, testosterone(and estrogen) makes for sometimes violent encounters.

you dont have to be a "parent" to comment on that, we all went through it.

a-1516920561 Jan 25, 2018 02:49 PM
Students Fighting Behind Vons

My kids went to SMHS and they have a LONG history of a lot of fights at the school. My oldest is 29 and he used to complain to me that it was a daily event. They need more security and more consequences. It really bothers me that there is so much violence on that campus, the worst one in this town!

1984 Jan 25, 2018 02:24 PM
Students Fighting Behind Vons

And to think ,driving by the school they all look like innocent little kids to me. I must be getting old.