Structure Fire Damaged Businesses in Old Town Goleta

Structure Fire Damaged Businesses in Old Town Goleta title=
Structure Fire Damaged Businesses in Old Town Goleta

Update by Edhat Staff
4:15 p.m., October 18, 2017

A structure fire involving a storage unit damaged two businesses in Old Town Goleta Tuesday evening.

At 6:59 p.m., Santa Barbara County firefighters responded to 5879 Hollister Ave in Old Town Goleta. The building directly involved belongs to Foot and Body Massage, which is part of a strip mall with four other businesses.

Firefighters arrived to find a well-involved fire behind Foot and Body Massage in a storage area towards the rear of the building and next to Eric Kreb's Automotive on Orange Ave, contained to a storage area, said firefighter Vince Agapito.

There was slight heat damage to the massage parlor and automotive store, as well as extensive smoke damage inside the massage parlor, said Agapito.

Thirty firefighters were on scene to knock down the blaze while also having to avoid downed power lines behind the massage parlor.

Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Deputies were the first to respond the scene who evacuated two businesses that were active at the time: The Mercury Lounge and Noodle City.

Edhat will update this article with more information as it becomes available.

Update by an edhat reader
7:22 p.m., October 17, 2017

I heard two explosions and ran outside in Old Town Goleta on Hollister Ave to see a big fire. It appears to be near Noodle City, maybe behind Pepe's and the bike shop. I heard it was semi-industrial, but there is a lot of awful smoke. I took this picture then ran back inside. The Mercury Lounge is also on fire, but hearing it started in a mechanic's shop.

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
7:14 p.m., October 17, 2017

Structure fire at 5871 Hollister Ave in Old Town Goleta.

a-1510997181 Oct 18, 2017 02:30 PM
Structure Fire Damaged Businesses in Old Town Goleta

Was Yoli's Mexican restaurant affected? Have not been there in a while, but loved their lunch buffet...and they would give you chips at no charge (I liked the chips in the bottom drawer).

a-1510997181 Oct 17, 2017 09:14 PM
Structure Fire Damaged Businesses in Old Town Goleta

Sorry to do this but...Roger, if you are up, could you please tell me what all the sirens in Carpinteria are about? It was just after 9pm. I am happy Mercury is still standing too.

Roger Oct 17, 2017 10:45 PM
Structure Fire Damaged Businesses in Old Town Goleta

It was out a while back couple hours I burned myself drinking hot soup and drenched my keyboard ok now..There was a report of a structure fire in Montecito someone e-mailed and told me I can't remember the exact location..Bed.

a-1510997181 Oct 17, 2017 08:20 PM
Structure Fire Damaged Businesses in Old Town Goleta

Lost my post.... ______________________________________________________ Love Noodle City & the market. This is terrible, I look forward to accurate info. Terrible for the businesses affected!

MountainMan4865 Oct 17, 2017 07:26 PM
Structure Fire Damaged Businesses in Old Town Goleta

Started out as a 'vegetation fire' that spread to a building. The Mercury Lounge went up. So far it's a two alarm fire, they've asked for the power to be shut off in the area. Active lines down.