Squatter in an RV

A resident in the 1500 Block of Manitou Road woke up Sunday morning to find the lights and blinds open in his RV parked in his driveway.

Flicka Jul 01, 2019 12:45 PM
Squatter in an RV

Seems a little tear drop trailer is a far cry from an RV. And, while it may have been in the driveway it was screened from the street. ZENYATTA19, so sorry to hear about damage to the trailer, by someone who likely has no money to pay for the damage. Creepy to think someone came on your relative's property and "moved in".

Roger Jul 02, 2019 05:51 AM
Squatter in an RV

I would consider getting a tall fence and a dog if that's possible sorry for your relatives experience it is happening all over it seems why pay rent when you can get away with squatting in someone else's place? There is a house on Reddick street the police constantly check because of squatters. If I had a vehicle and one of those smart phones and I was in better shape I'd make an issue out of those empty places I did it once and something was done about 2 of them anyway...And to the person that says "ROGER, that just proves blah,blah,bah." Of course it's not always truthful it's called raw scanner feed...The dispatcher is not going to explain the exact item when they can use less words to explain the situation and the victim who is reporting the potential crime does not know exactly what is going on either...Raw scanner feed. When the police respond to the location and see for themselves what is going on is when a report becomes accurate...I report things as I hear them to get the call out others do this too but usually do not go back and explain everything else they hear Edhat gives me the opportunity to do this I report the best I can for those who read what I post not for the numbers or to be popular now I'm curious as to what the woman said.

Zenyatta19 Jul 02, 2019 01:16 AM
Squatter in an RV

So creepy you have no idea... The woman who broke in had some really interesting things to say, which I won’t mention here, but were disgusting.

Zenyatta19 Jun 30, 2019 07:33 PM
Squatter in an RV

Seriously? Someone is more concerned about a possible code violation over a crazy trespasser thief? This is a relative so I have first hand knowledge. This happened in their small teardrop trailer which is parked on their 3/4 acre property. Not in their driveway. It is out of any setback and completely screened. So snotty comment makers should refrain unless they know the details. This was a concerning event becoming more common in this particular area of town. The tresspasser broke in, spent the night , put on clothing they found and vandalized this new trailer, which is totally screened from any public view. But hey let’s worry about a non existent code violation.

Roger Jul 01, 2019 04:37 PM
Squatter in an RV

I don't care about numbers I report what I hear and that is all one day I'll be dead and gone and some other idiot will be doing it..There is one on facebook right now blows everything up Good for him I will continue to report what I hear I am a no body.

a-1576394685 Jul 01, 2019 01:10 PM
Squatter in an RV

ROGER, that just proves that what is broadcast over your scanner is not always truthful. Sure, it's what you heard but it's not always FACTUAL. But it's great fun for Edhatters to speculate and make mountains out of mole hills and argue over. It's all about the numbers, baby.

mm1970 Jul 01, 2019 10:08 AM
Squatter in an RV

I think it's weird that the code even exists. Then again, because I have no garage, I have to "screen" the two off street parking spots in my front "yard" from view. Wouldn't want people to see cars ya know.

Roger Jun 30, 2019 08:54 PM
Squatter in an RV

Report on the scanner said driveway so I reported it as such.

d8vanilla Jun 30, 2019 11:01 AM
Squatter in an RV

Am I getting this right..... the RV in the driveway, belongs to the people that live in the house. So, it's THEIR RV in the driveway, and some unknown person is inside using it ????

Roger Jun 30, 2019 11:04 AM
Squatter in an RV

This is what it sounded like the lights were on someone was home but the reporting party did not know them, they were taken into custody. I sure hope the Sheriff don't have an RV up at the county Jail.

a-1576394685 Jun 30, 2019 09:35 AM
Squatter in an RV

It is a code violation to park an RV in your driveway. You can park an RV on your property (in residentially zoned areas) but it has to be screened from public view and not in any easement (front/side).

a-1576394685 Jun 30, 2019 01:18 PM
Squatter in an RV

Judgmental remark being the snotty remark, not the code violation comment.

a-1576394685 Jun 30, 2019 01:14 PM
Squatter in an RV

What is “judgmental” about stating the law?

a-1576394685 Jun 30, 2019 12:58 PM
Squatter in an RV

From a drive by of the probable location it looks like the top of the driveway is outside the front yard easement and the whole thing is highly sheltered by trees and shrubs so that it is not easily viewed from the street. If this makes anyone feel less judgmental.

a-1576394685 Jun 30, 2019 09:59 AM
Squatter in an RV

9:35: Yes, it is a code violation. Thank you for your snitchy contribution. Are you suggesting that occupation of the RV by an unpermitted user is justified for such reason?

Roger Jun 30, 2019 07:17 AM
Squatter in an RV

Police were called on a Suspicious Circumstances call and an arrest was made, the RV is parked in the reporting parties driveway. I don't know the exact circumstances other than what I heard...