Splish Splash Raccoon Party! title=

By an edhat reader

Mom and her kids rock out in a plate of water on our back deck. This took place in Santa Barbara, August 15 - 18 2018. Creds to Bobby Darin for the tunes!

a-1575557970 Aug 29, 2018 07:02 PM
Splish Splash Raccoon Party!

Three days later, still watching it for giggles. Thanks for the fun! My country friends love it too.

Eggs Ackley Aug 27, 2018 04:12 PM
Splish Splash Raccoon Party!

Lucky for those trespassing no-good varmints that they're at your house not mine! Charismatic fauna may seem cute to city folk, but they are a downright unwelcome nuisance to those of us whose livelihoods depend on the crops they damage.

EastBeach Aug 27, 2018 11:24 PM
Splish Splash Raccoon Party!

I know this video was made in good fun and I enjoyed it. But I'm also sympathetic to Eggs' concerns. Squirrels, rabbits, and raccoons are cute but can do a lot of damage to crops, vegetation, and your yard if you have stuff they like.

EastBeach Aug 27, 2018 11:16 AM
Splish Splash Raccoon Party!

Hah, the skunks at 0:09 were hilarious. Our neighborhood has been overrun by squirrels this year, first time in decades. Wonder if the fire/drought drove more critters into the urban areas?

paglinsb Aug 27, 2018 10:08 AM
Splish Splash Raccoon Party!

Thanks! What fun! This goes on at my place, but I don't have a night camera. But I do see the tracks and dirty water in the A.M. The skunks leave cute little prints; the possum leaves bigger ones. In the day last year I saw bobcats drinking at different times, and just recently rabbits. With the drought they all need water. Originally dishes were set out for the birds, now the whole gang comes!

a-1575557970 Aug 27, 2018 08:27 AM
Splish Splash Raccoon Party!

I made the mistake once of not closing my car windows when we had a raccoon family visiting - one of them got in my car, opened up my gum "car cup" thingy and chewed up all my gum and spit it out. Luckily none of the fabric was ripped lol but, paw prints all over!

seahorse Aug 27, 2018 07:52 AM
Splish Splash Raccoon Party!

Funny the raccoons cleared out while the skunk pair visited, respect!

Flicka Aug 26, 2018 06:41 PM
Splish Splash Raccoon Party!

Really fun video. Loved the song, it could have been written for these guys. The old song was always good to jitterbug to in the real Rock 'n Roll days. Thanks for sharing, I agree it should go to Good Morning America.

winter Aug 26, 2018 05:23 PM
Splish Splash Raccoon Party!

Great fun Send to Ginger Zee, at Good Morning America....she shows cute animal videos every morning.

Mas Gaviota Aug 26, 2018 04:16 PM
Splish Splash Raccoon Party!

Did you catch the two skunks that got in the mix at about 10sec into the video?

a-1575557970 Aug 26, 2018 04:11 PM
Splish Splash Raccoon Party!

Haven't seen a raccoon at my Lower Riv residence in a long while. No opossums either. Kind of sad that these raccoons get so excited over a tiny shallow planter dish of water. Imagine how ecstatic they would be with a much larger bowl or a few bowls of water.