South Coast Aerial Views

(Scroll through the above photos)

By Max Rosenberg

Views above Lake Cachuma and Santa Barbara

biguglystick Nov 17, 2021 11:25 AM
South Coast Aerial Views

I hope we can preserve that open space land on More Mesa FOREVER, like we did with the San Marcos Foothills! I never want to see luxury homes on that land!!!

Getoffmylawn Nov 16, 2021 06:56 PM
South Coast Aerial Views

I hope he flies over hoperanch a thousand times. These people complaining are laughable

mp805 Nov 16, 2021 09:50 AM
South Coast Aerial Views

Max - on that second photo, is that what the noise-abatement path looks like coming into SBA over More Mesa? Lake Cachuma at current capacity as of 111521 is 47%.

MaxPilot Nov 17, 2021 09:33 AM
South Coast Aerial Views

GETOFFMY LAWN,

Local pilots are very aware of the noise sensitive areas and avoid them whenever possible. Out of town pilots however and “new to the area” airline pilots such as Southwest Airlines crews, may not know the sensitive areas yet and I feel is the source of 99% of the recent complaints. I am at the airport in some form or fashion almost everyday and have noticed that aircraft are flying over More Mesa more than ever which is the correct path in close to runway 25. I am sure as the airport administration educates the airlines and works towards a noise abatement website such as Truckee Tahoes Airport website, that noise issues will continue to fade away. Planes that fly into Santa Barbara, specifically jets, airline and private are the quietest aircraft made due to ever increasing noise restrictions that put on aircraft manufacturers. Noise is certainly less now than it has ever been due to technology and awareness.

MaxPilot Nov 17, 2021 09:17 AM
South Coast Aerial Views

I get incensed only due to the fact that the airport is quieter than ever yet some people continue to complain.

MaxPilot Nov 17, 2021 09:14 AM
South Coast Aerial Views

MP,
Yes that is the More Mesa field we fly over carefully to mitigate noise.

SBSand Nov 16, 2021 03:19 PM
South Coast Aerial Views

Be careful about asking Max about the flight path lol, he gets incensed!