Smoke Investigation in Montecito

By Roger the Scanner Guy

A lot of smoke odor investigation calls coming in from the Montecito area. I heard one engine company report that they are patrolling the area.

Roger Oct 02, 2020 07:37 PM
Smoke Investigation in Montecito

Alot of people are calling in just heard one in the area of Ashley and Mountain SBSO and Fire Department investigating possible fire reported in that area...

Minibeast Oct 02, 2020 07:48 PM
Smoke Investigation in Montecito

7:45 p.m. Just watched my one set of neighbors leave their barbecue unattended for 10-15 minutes, as sparks flew up as high as 6' into the trees. Then the husband came out and tossed around some of the briquets and wood so that the sparks flew everywhere sideways and then about 12' straight up. Good fun, eh? I had gone over to check on this barbecue because the stench from the briquets and starter fluid was filling my house. It's about 80ºF outside and my house is still hot insidefrom today---------but I can't open my doors and windows without breathing in the fumes from that barbecue. So . . . I come back home and go to the other side of my house and try opening up those doors. Nope. Neighbors over there have about a dozen or so guests and that barbecue fuel stinks just as bad. Cancer-causing fumes. Trapped inside with my air filter and fans on and towels stuffed at the bottoms of the doors on what could have been a nice enjoyable open doors and windows evening . . .

SBSand Oct 03, 2020 07:24 AM
Smoke Investigation in Montecito

I hate that part of having neighbors! We have another that likes to slow cook stuff in a wood burning pit in their yard, which means a smoky fire allllll day on the weekends, sometimes BOTH Saturday and Sunday, and that smell filling up the house. Yuck!

Bene Oct 03, 2020 03:38 PM
Smoke Investigation in Montecito

Your situation sounds bad enough to call Air Pollution control. Since you know the source of that excessive burning an Air Pollution control rep might come out and talk to them. You could also sign a complaint. Tough to have to do that on a neighbor, but it might be worthwhile seeing as breathing smoke is a proven cause of health problems.

MountainMan4865 Oct 02, 2020 10:23 PM
Smoke Investigation in Montecito

It was super smokey earlier... 6=7ish. Could barely make out the town from here. Not that precludes an issue in town, just saying, it was super smokey down there. Seems to be clearing up now.

drellim Oct 03, 2020 05:24 PM
Smoke Investigation in Montecito

Well know that all the smoke you worried about from your neighbor's over the years does not match up to 1% of what the fires the past years have done Micromanaging others will never bring peace or good feelings just saying i would put those efforts or same energy toward liking some one you don't agree with It will bring a much better outcome for all inspite of all the spite i say

Roger Oct 03, 2020 08:47 PM
Smoke Investigation in Montecito

If someone offends you by breaking the law and your bothered by it call the police that is what they are there for don't worry about what lawbreakers are going to think.