Sheriff's Office Investigates Burglary at San Ysidro Pharmacy

Sheriff's Office Investigates Burglary at San Ysidro Pharmacy title=
Sheriff's Office Investigates Burglary at San Ysidro Pharmacy

Photos: SBSO

Update by Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office (SBSO)
2:27 p.m., May 8, 2019

Sheriff’s Office Investigates Pharmacy Burglary in Montecito

At approximately 4:25 a.m. on May 7, 2019, the Oxnard Police Department notified the Sheriff’s Office of an attempted burglary being investigated at Kaiser Pharmacy in the City of Oxnard. In the event that the suspect(s) could be headed to Santa Barbara County, Sheriff’s Coastal Patrol Bureau deputies conducted a check of pharmacies in the area. No suspicious activity was noticed at any of the pharmacies, including the San Ysidro Pharmacy located in the 1400 block of East Valley Road in Montecito.

At approximately 5:30 a.m. Sheriff’s deputies received a call of a burglary in progress at the San Ysidro Pharmacy. When deputies arrived, they noticed that the front glass door to the business was shattered. Additional deputies arrived along with officers from the California Highway Patrol and Santa Barbara Police Department. A perimeter was secured and the inside of the business was searched. No one was inside. The pharmacy owner confirmed that several prescription medications had been stolen.

The investigation reveals that there are three suspects associated with this crime. The men were all wearing hoodies and were last seen driving away in a white Honda or Nissan sedan. The case is under investigation. Anyone with information that could assist investigators is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Criminal Investigations Division at 805-681-4150. To leave an anonymous tip, please call 805-681-4171 or go to our website at https://www.sbsheriff.org/home/anonymous-tip/.

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
5:37 a.m., May 7, 2019

Code 459: Burglary in progress at the San Ysidro Pharmacy at 1498 East Valley Road in Montecito. Suspects are 3 males with white coverings over their faces, one is dressed all in black with a long object possibly a weapon.

Flicka May 09, 2019 12:12 PM
Sheriff's Office Investigates Burglary at San Ysidro Pharmacy

Seems this opioids crisis has some doctors over reacting. I have a friend with cancer that sometimes causes extreme pain. His doctors refuse to give him opioids, saying just to take over the counter meds. Seems out of whack to me.

a-1558326714 May 07, 2019 05:32 PM
Sheriff's Office Investigates Burglary at San Ysidro Pharmacy

Luvaduck... I think of that everytime I am at the Pharmacy! I am so afraid already, just standing in line with people so are sick, then comes touching everything they all just put their booger fingers on. So glad CVS is delivering now! Makes it easier on those with autoimmune diseases who get violently ill for weeks from just one sneeze or cough around us. I carry wipes with me now for anywhere I go that may need sanitizing.

Roger May 07, 2019 08:29 AM
Sheriff's Office Investigates Burglary at San Ysidro Pharmacy

I don't think so maybe some do...I remember years ago when I lived in Hammond the pharmacy next door to my apartment got hit and the pharmacist got shot between the eyes with a .22 rifle. The bullet did not go through the bone the pharmacist was not injured bad. The robbers were both related to Hammond Police officers both got long stretches in prison.

Roger May 07, 2019 08:18 AM
Sheriff's Office Investigates Burglary at San Ysidro Pharmacy

I expect they did get something but heard no confirmed reports of it. I think it's dangerous to pick up medication from any drug store and not stash it, or put it in another bag other than a pharmacy bag where it can be seen. If I knew I was going to get hit walking out the store I would love to replace the meds with laxatives....

a-1558326714 May 07, 2019 07:40 AM
Sheriff's Office Investigates Burglary at San Ysidro Pharmacy

Roger, there was a new report today about some doctors and nurses nationwide diverting opioids in hospitals. Pharmacies aren't safe, anywhere. Going to a pharmacy is like going to a bank. Both have the risk of criminal activity for the "valuables" inside. I guess all pharmacies need security, since the opioid crisis is still growing. Did the thieves at San Ysidro Pharmacy get anything, and is there any report of them getting caught? Thanks for this play-by-play report. Much appreciated!