Shed Catches Fire During BBQ Accident

4 Comments
Reads 1123

A shed and fence caught fire in the Walnut area off Hollister Ave when a resident tried to start a BBQ using gasoline.

At 4:49 p.m. on Tuesday, Santa Barbara County firefighters responded to the 5100 block of Dawn Lane for a reported structure fire. Upon arrival, fire crews found a fire towards the back of the residence.

According to Captain Dave Zaniboni, the resident started a BBQ by using gasoline. The fire flared up immediately and caught surrounding vegetation on fire which spread to the shed and fence. 

The fence, shed, and vegetation was damaged, but there was no reported injuries or damage to the home.

Login to add Comments

4 Comments

Toggle Comments (Show)
a-1513130030 Nov 22, 2017 02:35 PM
Shed Catches Fire During BBQ Accident

Watched the smoke from our place. Nice plume. Glad the poor guy wasn’t burned. For the life of me what prompted him to use gasoline. Kind of like the guy directly behind me who tried to burn a pile of irrigation pipe.

Please Login or Register to comment on this.