Scanner Reports 9-8-17
I love when I'm messing with grub and I discover something new to me yet so damn simple I know everyone else knows about it. Flour tortilla in the frying pan brown both sides, then put pepperoni, cheddar cheese, chili's, onions whatever else you want in there either roll it up or just leave it flat - up to you - when it's cooked, GRUB! Yum, damn that is good! Especially the chilies part. Until the next morning. I’m still wondering about that no-room-at-the-inn thing. If mentally ill voluntary patients are going to County Jail because there is no room at the Inn. I heard a horrible suicide on Wednesday in town. It was in a hotel, I won't say which one. Suicides are very sad, especially those who leave loved ones behind for the rest of their lives. Survivors ask, why did they do that, why? They lost hope, figure life is going to be better without them around, when actually it sucks. If you’re thinking of doing the deed, you might be taking yourself out but you will be taking your loved ones too. They will be in hell on earth, stuck in limbo, mostly blaming themselves, wondering what they could have done differently to save your ass when the answer is nothing. You gotta save your own ass!
I still remember this gal she was 22 years old. We went to Fellowship Hall together for AA meetings. One day she did not show, she took her own life the night before. We all lost a little hope that day. It's really hard to keep going sometimes. I think everyone thinks about killing themselves, maybe even a passing thought laughed off. Never, one might say, “Never would I do that". I'm one of those people. Though I have seriously tried in the past, I think now I'm not going to go until it's my time. This morning I walked out my gate going to mail some bills and my neighbor was coming up the driveway in her new red Toyota and she almost got me. That is when you know it's not your time, it was very close. She would not have had to clean her car since it's red, just hose it off a bit, drag me down to Milpas and leave me at the side of the road. The cops would probably take me to jail thinking I was drunk. Weekend with Roger in the Santa Barbara County Jail.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Assault at Jack in the Box, 501 North Milpas, a transient hit a customer. Medics were responding, suspect last seen on foot north on Milpas. I think they got him in the 800 block of North Milpas.
- Subject refusing to leave PATH 816 Cacique.
- Check the welfare of a female crying outside of the public defender’s office, there is a male with her.
- Engine 6 to respond to a home where the homeowner thought there was a gas leak under the home. SBPD was on scene, and APS was responding.
- BOLO for a black Toyota Avalon thought to be in Downtown Santa Barbara, stolen vehicle.
- Transients camping and disturbing, 1118 East Cabrillo.
- Vandalism in the 700 block of North San Marcos Road.
- Reckless driver on Clark, 100 plus mph, SBSO was trying to catch up heard no more.
- Unresponsive male on Ocean View, medical call, Rest in Peace.
- Camper near the old Trader Joes, 29 South Milpas. Does anyone know what is going in there? Is it going to be another Starbucks? How about a Church’s Fried Chicken?
- Overdose 100 Block of South Broadway.
- Loud construction noise 1400 block of Lou Dillion.
- Check the Welfare of someone not heard from in days, 4000 block of Via Lucero.
- 28 West Cabrillo, stingray to the foot.
- Subject refusing to pay cab fare behind Saks, 1001 State Street.
- Subject pounding on a door, 2000 block of Green Lane.
- Another door pounder at 35 Parker Way, at an apartment.
- Suicidal subject outside of Well Bridge in the 2900 block of State Street wants to get hit by a train.
- Hit and run on Salinas Street, non-injury victim followed suspect to Wells Fargo, 100 block of North Milpas, suspect driving a commercial truck.
- Suicide in a Downtown Hotel.
I saw this guy flying a sign at Milpas and the Railroad tracks, he was pulling some weird Alex Jones crap dancing around like a preacher with his ass on fire. I could not hear what he was saying but he looked real angry like he was trying to intimidate folks for money. I watched him for a long time, then suddenly he stopped and walked north on Milpas toward the offramp. I hope I never have to panhandle. I'd rather do some kind of work, scrub a crapper for a buck. I have seen people make a lot of money begging for it. At least panhandlers ask you to your face for spare change. Politicians go behind your back and get you for your cash. I'd like to see a few of them scrub toilets too.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Highway 246, male getting kinda rough with a female, dragging her around, down an embankment. SBSO Responded heard no more.
- Possible child abuse at Monroe School, 5 year old boy with swollen eye. CWS was on scene, SBPD responded.
- Medical call with police assistance in the 200 block of West Islay.
- Alert 3 Drill at the S.B. Airport.
- Attempt to locate a subject for juvenile probation, 800 Block of Cornal.
- Medics for medical call at Ortega Park.
- Two males involved in a fight, one brandished a pair of scissors. Both were arrested, one hog-tied the other, 800 block of Shoreline.
- Suspicious circumstances near the tracks, 22 South Fairview, group of folks hanging out some associated with a maroon VW 4-Door.
- Few minutes later, Fire and Medics responded, 22 South Fairview for a diabetic problem.
- Medical call for an unresponsive subject in the projection room of the Metro 4 Theatres. He was sleeping.
- Two drunks disturbing in front of the Drunken Crab, 416 State Street.
- Someone reporting a huge homeless camp at 154 and Calle Real near Bishop Diego High School.
- Male on the 2nd floor of Core Power Yoga yelling, 1100 block of State Street.
- 295 East Foster Santa Maria vehicle vs Pedestrian.
- Threats investigation 300 block of West Haley.
- Suspicious circumstances 1100 block of East Montecito.
- Santa Barbara Nursing Home, medical call for an altered mental state.
- Assault at Goleta Valley Junior High, victim at a med center.
- Non injury hit and run involving a SBSO vehicle outside of the Courthouse.
- 5150 transport AMR Santa Barbara Cottage to Vista Del Mar.
Will that is all outta me for now. Have a great weekend. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, C.J., Jonathan, Walter, Fred, Carl, Stan, Kent, Elmo, Brad, Billy, Diana, Jim, Marty, Cop John, Patrick, Rambo, Sherry, Magruder, Isabelle, Jerry, Don, Edwin, Cory, Christy, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on Monday. Later, Roger