Scanner Reports 9-6-17
Heard this call on Monday, one of those calls that make you think and wonder. It sounded to me like the medics were picking up someone who was voluntarily committing themselves for a 72-hour hold and the destination was not a hospital or PHF but possibly County Jail. Medics requested CARES and the dispatcher said the patient did not need to speak to them, she was volunteering to come in. After that the patient refused and medics cleared. That to me confirms there is no room at the inn. Something was said about "jail staff" by the dispatcher. That is what led me to believe the voluntarily commitment would be at County Jail. That would really SUCK. Someone who is really seeking help, and the only place for them to go is jail. I heard that and thought I would share it. I was in the rubber room in County Jail once. It was not a fun place. I got really drunk, jacked up my roommate for money, twisted his arm behind his back. He was always smacking me for no reason. I got tired of it and I needed money so I abused him back. I bought the poison, pounded it, and told someone I was going to rob a liquor store then jump off the bridge at Storke Road into a train. I was so drunk I might have done it and the SO wouldn't have caught up with me. I did not feel like committing suicide after I came to from a hangover in the rubber room. That place sucked. It was like limbo in Hell. I would not volunteer to go there either. I hope the woman got the help she needed or just felt grateful she did not go to jail.
Here is Your Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Domestic 300 block of Rutherford in an apartment building.
- Medical emergency for an unconscious subject on the Mesa. They passed away, rest in peace.
- Medical call unknown type MTD 1020 Chapala.
- Three drunks arguing, Canon Perdido and Milpas.
- Suicidal subject Motel 6 in Goleta.
- Shirtless transient harassing passersby in the 500 block of State Street.
- On a subject in an alley in the 3300 block of State Street, SBPD.
- Public accident, 501 Anacapa.
- Loud leaf blower in the 200 block of East Figueroa.
- Suspicious subject in a white Honda Accord in the 200 block of Elise Place.
- Abandoned dog on Main Street in Los Alamos.
- Vehicle vs pole, 11th at Guadalupe.
- Minor injury accident, 300 block of South Milpas.
- Two juveniles throwing rocks at passersby on Mountain Drive.
- SBPD on a sexual battery suspect in the 500 block of Wentworth. Unknown circumstances of call other than what I heard that SBPD was flagged down by a sexual assault suspect.
- Assault investigation 100 block of North Milpas.
- Medical call, 500 block of West Arrellaga, ill subject.
- Medical call outside of the County Jail for a subject with shortness of breath.
- Check the welfare of a transient yelling, State at Los Positas.
- Someone possibly thrown from a vehicle or fell out, 800 block of Cacique, possibly DUI, driver also. One of the police officers went to speak with the victim in the hospital and said he was still too drunk to talk.
- Three or four transients just west of the Skate Park on East Cabrillo, possibly doing drugs, one was holding a needle.
- I still have my Beta Dogs. Fish Head One has swim bladder, so I had to give him a treatment today. Fish Head 2 is concerned about his buddy. Never put two males in the same bowl, but side by side they are best friends. Fish Head One used to be sick all the time, but since I got Fish Head 2, Fish Head One is as happy as a clam. When I get depressed and I think about giving up, my buddies are right here with me; my fish dogs and my kitty dog too.
Scanner reports, Tuesday:
- Cable and phone wires were down in the 600 block of Castillo.
- Report of a motorcyclist down on the El Sueno off-ramp but by the time responders got there he was gone.
- Subject disturbing at the Sober Center. I'll never forget the last time I was there, a real pretty girl was kissing me when I woke up, only he wasn't really a girl. Good kisser anyway. It is things like that keep me sober.
- Vehicle fire, Highway 135 at San Antonio.
- Premises check 1309 State Street.
- Subject disturbing at the French Press.
- Commercial burglary in the 300 block of East Haley.
- Prowler subject possibly under the influence of drugs or alcohol near the Boy Scouts of America building and other addresses in the area. BMA, 4000 block of Modoc.
- Subject refusing to leave and attempting to steal a vehicle, 300 block of Park Street. Subject 5'4” dressed all in black. Turns out he might be the Repo Man.
- Premises check 100 block of East Cabrillo.
- Medical call, ill female, 700 block of Senda Verde.
- Burglary to a vehicle at Los Banos pool, silver Ford Ranger.
- Non injury traffic accident, Calle Real at Wye Road. Everyone pronounces Wye Road wrong; the dispatchers, the police, youngsters, everyone. It's not called Why Road, it's Wye Road.
- Camper in the 100 block of East Cota.
- Subject with bolt cutters attempting to steal bicycles, BMA behind 407 State Street.
- Elevator rescue, one soul on board, saved by our brave firefighters, 700 Block of Anacapa.
- Fall victim at Marborg Recycling yard.
- Vehicle rollover with subject trapped, Highway 101 northbound at Refugio.
- Subject refusing to leave the patio at Starbucks, 1046 Coast Village Road.
- Semi fire, heavy smoke, northbound 101, Gaviota Rest Area.
- Check the welfare of two kids on the playground unattended while Daddy sleeps in the Lexus, 3050 Las Positas.
- Victim went into the Los Alamos Post Office for just a second, left the engine running. Came out and the car was gone. Never leave your unattended car running for even a second.
- Premises check, 1235 Chapala at the teen center.
- Check on a male making strange noises in a 2nd floor apartment, 47 Broodmar Plaza.
- Premises check, S.B. Library 40 East Anapamu.
- Naked male walking around the Highway 246 area. All I heard there.
Will that is all outta me for now. Have a great Hump Day. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Walter, Fred, Carl, Elmo, Kent, Stan, Christy, Patrick, Rambo, Sherry, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Diana, Jim, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Marty, Cop John, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger
Sep 06, 2017 10:07 AM
Thanks, Roger, for your willingness to keep reporting on Edhat. So many people depend on you. Have you noticed the Edhat paid subscribers is 770? As I recall, that's nearing the top number of 800 paid subscribers (4 or 5 years ago?). I think when we top the former number, there should be a big celebration...thanking ourselves, and everyone at Edhat, for guiding Edhat out of the storm.
Sep 06, 2017 10:32 AM
Actually it was 959 for a while...Edhat has saved me a thousand times the past 8 years.
Sep 06, 2017 10:33 AM
Isn't there a country song about drunk tank romance ?
Sep 06, 2017 01:16 PM
I'm sure there is a country song for just about everything even passing out in a toilet bowl but my concern is for the mentally ill that don't belong in jail. Volunteering themselves for commitment and they go to jail I guess since no one in the know is talking I should assume it is happening.
Sep 06, 2017 01:33 PM
189 subscriptions needed to meet best ever. How 'bout Edhat subscription gifts for adults who celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving, birthdays, Christmas, Hanukkah, and just because. Roger, thank you for your strong backbone in helping to keep people safe; the subscriptions rate indicates how appreciated you are. I'm glad to know that Edhat has saved you a thousand times. Visa Versa.