Scanner Reports 9-4-17
I cannot remember sweating this hard for a bit. Sure is hot! I have two fans, changed my shirt four times now, took a cold shower, it don't matter, I'm hot. On FRYday I fried. Forgot to buy water, trekked to Smart and Final. Home Improvement saved my life, turning me onto water. This is waaay too much heat. When I got to Smart and Final, I was so out of it, I spent too much on groceries and didn't get enough for the month. Oh well I guess. The last few days been hearing numerous heat strokes over the scanner. I hope no one died from one, though it's easy to do for the young as well as older folks. I went across the street to get ice at Circle K; CLOSED. I don't know why. Weird.
I have been hearing calls in the 500 block of Bath Street lately involving a guy and a gal. The gal doesn't want anything to do with the guy. The other day he was sitting on a nearby wall exposing himself to her per the scanner. The police responded quickly and hopefully ran the guy off. The female is possibly disabled, living in housing. I figure this loser is looking for someone to use for a place to stay and take advantage of. When I hear calls like this I remember that poor gal years ago taken advantage of by a drifter. He killed her for her VCR. It happened at her apartment on West Carrillo. He got 25.00 for the VCR. He might be out of prison by now, but I hope not. Poor gal thought the punk really liked her and he killed her. I remember when I was houseless years ago there were a lot of women that had places and would pick up on homeless men. I'm glad I've always been ugly; none of them ever wanted me. I liked my little life. Get up, go to work, get done, buy beer, whiskey, smokes, chicken, and hit the bushes. Everyday those idiots that went home with those women, they had to do what the women say or they were out. I have never been a kept man. I’m sure everyone picks up on each other. I'm grateful I'm ugly.
However, I do hope that the guy who might be bothering the gal over there on Bath leaves her alone. It seems she wants nothing to do with him.
Here is your Scanner Reports, FRYday:
- Structure fire response for a backyard tree, 4800 block of Sisquoc.
- Highway One at Santa Lucia Canyon, traffic accident.
- Domestic on Camino De Vida.
- Fall victim in the courtyard, 202 West Cabrillo.
- Naked man walking around SBCC. It's so damn hot I might do it myself, but I'd blind people.
- Two calls on a center divider fire near the Highway 101/Cabrillo on ramp. Then witnesses reported someone lighting fires. Never heard any more about that. The fire department never found any fires, but there were two call-ins.
- Check the welfare of a dog in the 500 block of Evonshire.
- Medical call for an unresponsive male 1400 block of Park Place.
- Hot dog on Alamo Pintado.
- Vehicle rollover Highway 101 northbound, just south of Los Alamos.
- Fowler at Fairview, traffic accident involving a grey 2002 Ford Mustang. Driver asking the reporting party not to call police, so they did.
- On Baseline a subject calling in a complaint about the bird abatement canons.
- Assault victim behind the Bank of America 2000 block of South Broadway, medics.
- Subject down between Milpas and Allure.
- Asian male throwing food at passersby at Dwight Murphy, jerk.
- Male in the women’s’ restroom at Ortega Park yelling.
- Single shot heard on North San Marcos Road.
- Two subjects were captured by SBPD within 2 blocks of each other, involved in some type of theft; one in the 1100 block of Chapala, the other in the 1000 block of State Street.
- 600 block of State at Metro 4 Theatre, BMA in his 50's refusing to leave the theatre.
- Fall victim, 1900 block of Cliff Drive, drunk.
- Suspicious subject inside neighbor’s house with a flashlight, 1300 block of Valerio.
- Large group in a driveway, First block of Garden Street.
- Drunk down by the exit door, refusing to leave 222 North Milpas.
- Woman heard screaming in the 2900 block of State Street, domestic.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Fall victim, Maravilla.
- Fall victim with a head injury, Val Verde, 3775 Modoc.
- Transient with an open container of booze, exposing himself, 500 block of Anacapa.
- Burglary to a garage in the 900 block of Garden Street.
- Transient disturbing, 200 block of East Cabrillo.
- Disturbance over child custody at Daytona and Coronado. Ex-husband is working on a restraining order and is in possession of a machete.
- Possible traffic accident at West Main and Guadalupe, two patients.
- Medics called, 35 East Haley.
- Code Blue medical, 400 block of East Islay, death, Rest in Peace.
- Heat stroke on the Gaviota Beach Trail.
- Domestic, 1400 block of Eucalyptus Hill Road.
- Two overheated football players on the field at Saint Joseph, 4120 South Bradley Road.
- Subject passed out behind the wheel, heat stroke or DUI, red Nissan Pathfinder, 3400 block of State Street.
- Injury traffic accident, Mission at State Street.
- Transient in a wheelchair, 500 block of State Street, needs assistance.
- Subjects smoking marijuana in the 1200 block of Cacique.
- Assault with a deadly weapon, Hollister and Pine. Victim says suspect worked at a nearby business.
- Medical call on the launch ramp at the Marina, public accident.
- Transient yelling in the parking lot of Chase Bank.
- Suicidal subject trying to choke himself, 100 block of Nectarine.
- Injured Raccoon behind 1721 DLV. If found alive, SB City will call Animal Control. Never heard either way if the raccoon was OK or not.
- Brother/sister fighting over her RV at Chapala Market.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Landlord/tenant disturbance, at least twice police responded, 2100 block of Mountain Ave.
- Report of a kid in the back seat of a black Lincoln near Middle Road and Olive Mill with her mouth taped shut. Adult female driving.
- Report of a guy in Chase Palm Park with a gun. I heard police make contact with him and nothing after that.
- Highway 101 at Linden, traffic accident.
- At the Chevron on Storke Road, medical call for a dizzy subject.
- Intoxicated subject at K-Mart.
- Medical call, dizzy subject, 236 East Cabrillo.
- Allergic reaction to a stingray sting at Chapala and Yanonali.
- Subject feeling faint, 1100 block of DLV.
- Report of drowning Carpinteria Ave at Dump Road. There was no drowning, but a person in the water holding on to a boat and that was all I heard.
- 1645 Mission Drive, lacerations, subject in the restaurant with cuts on his arm.
- Hot dog, a black Lab, in a vehicle outside Costo.
- Public drunk, at the Leadbetter picnic tables.
- And then the shit hit the fan! And you know the rest, but before that I heard someone lost their dog in the 800 block of East Anapamu. His name is Harley.
That's all outta me for now. Have a great Monday! I just heard there is a piece of metal in a tree. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Carl, Kent, Stan, Fred, Walter, Billy, Brad, Jonathan, C.J., Rambo, Sherry, Diana, Jim, Elmo, Christy, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Marty, Cop John, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on Wednesday. Later, Roger