Scanner Reports 9-30-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Will it's that time of year again Fall, when I fall down a lot. I woke up SaTURDay with my back out and I haven't walked well since, Fall I was just starting to get better too. We had our first Fall Homeless encampment out of control brush fire on SaTURDay and SUNday morning, was kinda cool outside. I wonder if we are going to have more fires or maybe the campers will become considerate and just use bags and blankets to stay warm. I don't recall Homeless in the Days of Magruder and Company having these problems with campfires getting out of control. I think back them campers used candles to warm their tents and read. I cannot recall hearing many if any Homeless encampment fires getting out of control. I recall Homeless sleeping on cardboard to retain their body heat to stay warm, that is one way to stay warm. Blankets are another if you don't have them newspaper works well too, it did for me in colder places than here. I don't know what the charges are nowadays for having an out of control fire but I recall a guy doing 6 months on a charge of arson for an out of control fire about 15 or so years ago.
I see all these comments on Edhat blaming politicians for the fires and or state of the city/ I'm not sure anyone else could do any different though, everyone says they can until they get in office. It's kinda like that wall down at the border the one all the kids are climbing up on, pretty big waste of money. I wonder who is paying for that wall now? Probably be torn down someday. No one seems to have any real answers that are legal. I noticed not too long ago a lot of homeless people who are older around my age and up. I would not be very happy if I were homeless but if I was I'd get a sleeping bag or two a wool blanket and some cardboard find a little spot to roll up in alone or with trustworthy friends and stay as warm as possible without having a warming or cooking fire. I'm sure it's possible to stay warm, if it rains get a tarp. For the older and handicapped folks out there on the streets payday is coming up, keep your money in the bank take only what you need out in case you get robbed so they don't get it all. Sure was chilly last night, didn't think I was going to need the warm clothing yet but I have plenty this year. Sister sent me a pair of long Johns bigger than a circus tent. Poor Fish Head 3 doesn't have a heater yet so I wrapped his plastic tank hopefully that will do for the next few days...HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Fall Victim 1000 Block of State street.
- Probation check 400 Block of North Milpas street.
- Probation check 816 Cacique PATH not sure what happened there but the subject on probation became combative toward Probation Officer Code 3 Back Up followed and the Wrap, then jail
- Vehicle into McDonalds 1150 East Clark in Santa Maria unknown injury.
- Subject found near the railroad tracks in the 800 Block of Orange Avenue with Significant facial injuries and transported to Cottage Hospital last I heard police were searching for a crime scene.
- Check the Welfare of a female laying down next to a suitcase in the 3500 Block of Modoc.
- Door kicked in to residence in the 1600 Block of DLV
- Five alarms no Fire Forever 21 900 Block of State street
- Hand injury front of the bakery 200 South Milpas when they arrived no one was there.
- Subject refusing to leave the employment office 130 East Ortega Grey USC Hat Raiders shirt That guy sure wants a job!
- Suicide at Channel and Butterfly Lane with a gun.
- Med call 428 Chapala subject has a knife but doesn't sound like he is brandishing it SBPD response.
- 415pc with a Confrontational Subject Olive at Canon Perdido.
- Brandishing investigation occurred at San Andres, and Mission THURSday night.
- SBPD Followed than stopped a vehicle in front of Bishop Diego High School where a 415pc was taking place inside the car a white Chevy.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Stevens Park Premises check.
- Check the Welfare of a male passed out 3840 State street dog by his side.
- Irate customer refusing to leave the Post Office 107 Nopolitos.
- 622 Castillo Trespassing transient smoking marijuana near a playground.
- 415pc White Male with dreadlocks spitting on reporting party 800 North Milpas, Taco Bell last seen Southbound on Milpas street.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Ortega Park premises check
- Rollover into a ditch highway 135 at Graciosa Road minor injuries
- Med call 6700 Block of Sueno Road
- RailRoad Tracks at Milpas street on a subject
- Medical aide 100 Block of East Sola. Alameda Park
- Guy with felony warrant ran from police and got caught 3500 Block of Foothill and then he got wrapped until he got to jail where he was unwrapped at 11:55am
- Med call 100 Block of South Soledad
- Motorcyclist down 101 Southbound near El Capitan minor injuries
- Med call 200 Block of Hillview
- 415 Transient challenging customers at CVS in the 2900 Block of State street
- 245pc Assault with a weapon a Starbucks tray at Starbucks in the 800 Block of State street. Suspect detained by employees and customers.
- 1800 Block of Bath street med call.
- Tree Fire highway 101 at Bath street offramp in a Homeless camp but anyone could have started it. Power line down a pole was damaged
- A Neighbor threatened to 242pc Assault someones daughter in the 300 Block of South Voluntario.
- Med Call alcohol withdrawls 131 Castillo street DT's.
- Pedestrian Shake 500 Block of State street
- Found property at the Hilton 633 East Cabrillo.
- Med call at Arco 1935 State street.
- 400 Block of East DLG med call.
- Landlord-tenant 600 Block of Miramonte, 415pc.
- Med call on a male found bleeding behind a building 115 West Figueroa.
- Attempt 459 Burglary to a residence in the 3000 Block of Calle Rosales.
- Loud Party at the University Club on Santa Barbara street.
- Alcohol overdose Anacapa Dorm building 547 UCSB.
- Smoke investigation outside 800 Block of West Figueroa.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Subject Drunk yelling at passerbys at Trader Joes 222 North Milpas street
- Vehicle Accident unknown if injury Highway 101 Southbound at Los Patos off ramp
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park
- H&S Violation male using a syringe Parking lot 2 900 Block of Chapala
- Med aide 200 Block of West Anapamu
- Soloman Road at Highway one vehicle Rollover
- 200 Block of Oceano Med call
- Check the Welfare of a code 40, Drunk in a maroon SUV IN THE 1400 Block of Harborview Drive
- Possible structure Fire 7900 Block of Rio Vista
- 2000 Block of Elise Way Fire reported out
- Fall from a Horse at Rancho Oso on Paradise Road
- Public Assist Bath at Haley
- Medical aide 422 East Cota
- 400 Of West Sola 415 Domestic over child custody
- 415pc Room Mate 600 Block of Miramonte
- Fall victim I can relate 2981 Cliff Drive Hendrys Beach
- Vehicle Accident Fairview Overpass
- 1700 Block of Gillespie 415 brothers one might have 594ed a door vandalized
- 242 Assault investigation 700 Block of West Figueroa.
- 1200 Block of Cacique on the bridge Loud Music and Marijuana Yippie!
- Trash Fire 137 Anacapa.
- Premises check Bird Refuge
The other day some guy tried to pass 2 bad checks at Rabo Bank in the 900 Block of Carpinteria street for 2,900.00 Each, the employees were on to it right away and reported him to the police who came and took him away. Rabo Banks name has changed he probably should have tried that crap at another bank. The new name of the bank at 914 Carpinteria street is Mechanics bank and you can only bank there if you are a mechanic, are related to one or know one....Have a Great MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J.,Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Po, Mrs MacArthur, Eddie, Bambi, Ricky, Bengie, Pat, Mavis, Mark, Willie, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Tom Petty, Little Mac, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger
Sep 30, 2019 08:59 AM
Roger, the drug addiction crisis is causing neighborhoods in San Francisco to take action, to save their own lives. Drug dealers were camping on the sidewalks, and selling drugs from these camps, in one neighborhood and the neighbors got together and purchased bolders to put on the sidewalk, keeping in mind whatever regulations needed to be observed. The drug dealers living on the sidewalks actually moved the bolders into the street. It's all-out war in some communities. Drug dealers are making the rules. I hope we in S.B. are pro-active in protecting all of us. Here's the article in S.F. Chronicle: https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/City-crews-lift-boulders-back-onto-S-F-sidewalk-14475978.php
Sep 30, 2019 12:23 PM
"boulders" not "bolders"
Sep 30, 2019 09:24 AM
Roger, I am glad you are not homeless anymore. Especially hard as we get older and have more aches.
Sep 30, 2019 10:15 AM
One year, for Halloween, I covered myself with newspaper.....totally covered..... with a sign on my back that said "Newspaper Man" (even though I'm female). This was when I was working nights,and every year we had a Halloween costume contest.... Well, nobody knew who was inside all that newspaper, and I won 1st place that year. The actual point I want to make..... After less than an hour covered in all that newspaper, I was sweating..... turns out, newspaper is the best insulation, to ward off the cold..... How come the homeless have not figured that out???? Roger, will you go tell them???!!!
Sep 30, 2019 12:17 PM
Old drunks know that that is where I heard it in Chicago..
Sep 30, 2019 01:09 PM
If I was homeless I;d have an AR-15 on my moblity scooter I fell down on the way to the doctor I give up.