Scanner Reports 9-28-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I was in my Doctors office the other day while I was alone waiting for him to come back after doing the initial checkup. He took off and left me there thinking (a dangerous thing to do) and my mind started to wander as minds do. I was thinking about this doctors office in my Hood when I was a kid the last time I went to see a doctor there was 1968, I was 10 years old then. I was wondering if the building was still there. It was a weird kinda building one story with a bunch of one room Doctors offices that I believe were built sometime in the 50's. I was totally back there in my mind when my doctor knocked on the door and opened it causing me to have a huge anxiety attack. I just about lept out of my skin. I hate those damn Anxiety attacks. I couldn't breathe I was so far back in my mind almost asleep dreaming about the place when he opened the door it jolted me alert. I was worried about what he was going to say about my medical issues as I have been having those anxiety attacks again lately. I think too damn much.
Overload: I have had anxiety all of my life. Once in a while, I have to do something I don't want to do, and that is when it begins, the set up that's the time to watch out. If I don't watch out though I just head into dangerous territory doing what I have to do. Then, when I'm waiting my mind wanders and that is when the enemy seeps into my brain: thoughts leading to anxiety. Lately, I have been having them more often when the question of my health arises. That is probably the number one issue that sets it off. Though I'm heavy-set, and one might not think so to look at me, I am somewhat obsessive about my health. Going to the doctor's office I look like Joey Cannoli when he is going to the Vet: scared as Hell. Upon leaving if all is well and we're both Kings on top of our game, but if we have to go back even for a second fear creeps in this is the time not to THINK! Don't let the old Mind wander anywhere. Stay here.
It's always good to bring a book with you when you have to go see the doctor. Something happy, maybe a travel book with pretty pictures. Anyway, I'll do that next time if I remember, (no I won't). I have to go back next week. Maybe I can find an Easyriders magazine in a liquor store nearby. I never rode a motorcycle in my life, but Easyriders used to be one of my favorite magazines. I loved reading the stories and the columns. Haven't read that magazine for years now, probably since the 1980's. Not sure if that would be a good magazine to take to the doctor's office. I might have an anxiety attack and think I'm a Harley or something. Might go roaring out the door, or the wall.
Anyway now I'm projecting as my brain never sleeps, even when I'm sleeping. A lot of people have anxiety attacks, not just me. I am not alone that makes me feel much better. I hate the damn things though especially when my breathing stops from some kind of weird thought shock. I'm looking forward to some of my "medicine" next week. I can get a little because my blood sugar is down a little, and you guessed it: a Little Caesars Pizza smothered in Tabasco. Anyway, here are your blessed Scanner Reports:
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 20002 Non-injury hit and run on Chalk Hill Road in Solvang. The victim jumped out of the way but a pickup truck hit his vehicle door. The suspect kept going. The truck is registered on Faraday in Santa Ynez Black Silverado possibly 23152 Drunk Driver.
- 2002 Non-injury hit and run Grocery Outlet 2840 DLV parking lot.
- 415 Homeless guy yelling in front of the veterans memorial building 112 West Cabrillo.
- 23152 Black Lincoln 400 Block of South Salinas Santa Barbara.
- CSI at Rite Aide 35 South Milpas don't know why? Find out later I guess.
- Medical Emergency in a car white Hyundai Elantra highway 101 South at Santa Claus onramp.
- Homeless female yelling 1200 Block of DLV near the lawn bowling.
- 415 Neighbors keep the peace over a fence 100 Block of Vernal.
- Med call for a female down in an alley 24 West Figueroa.
- 2 Males fighting near the Shoreline Cafe near West Beach.
- Dehydrated hiker Cold Springs trail.
- Vehicle into a building Loreto Plaza 3300 Block of State street.
- Keep the Peace call 1800 Block of DLV.
- A drunk driver in a Silverado going 100mph in the emergency lane on the freeway exited Carpinteria Ave. 5600 Block in Carpinteria last seen.
- HMA beating HFA 200 Block of Mathilda in Goleta chasing her. He was on a bicycle and she was on foot.
- Vehicle into a guard rail-highway 101 Jonata Park Road vehicle smoking.
- Med call fall victim head injury 3800 Block of State street.
- Hazard investigation burning garbage 200 Block of South Voluntario.
- 242 Assault investigation Fire Station 2 800 Block of Cacique.
- Camper in doorway in a wheelchair with an unpleasant odor 416 State street blocking a business.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Check the welfare of a subject in the elevator at city lot 10 600 Block of Anacapa, all was well.
- Video alarm Pacific Tree Care 130 Nopolitos. Someone was in their yard a second later all was well most likely an employee.
- Missing female. Police were searching around town as she was missing from her home on Oceanview. All was well, found in the morning A-OK.
- Suspicious female with a grocery cart in the construction zone 522 State street.
- AC 3 Premises check Dwight Murphy.
- 800 Block of Rufegio Road 415 Domestic (verbal, not physical).
- 242 Assault on Peyton Street.
- There was another female who was reported missing after being released from jail early this morning but she was found downtown.
- Suspicious Circumstances small juvenile reports that his mother hit him in the parking lot at Oak Park. Police were unable to locate.
- Victim of a hit and run in the ER at GVCH so I guess that is a felony. Hit and run but did not hear the location where it occurred.
- Engine 2 Illegal burn near the fence line close to the Zoo at Dwight Murphy Park. Engine 2 and SBPD responding. The fire department was unable to locate a problem.
- Alcohol run from Albertsons in the 7100 Block of Hollister. 484 Theft 3 occupants in the vehicle pulled over at Costco. Did you ever get that feeling just before you break the law you ought not to be doing it? That's your head warning you you're going to get caught.
- 415 Homeless subjects panhandling at and near McKenzie Park 3000 Block of State or thereabouts.
- Attempted stabbing at Chevron on Hollister near Storke. All over having to get up and go to sleep somewhere else. I think he got caught near Cost Co too someone was HOBBLED on their way to jail because they were resisting the police officers. Good, he'll to do his job and sweep the streets free of Criminals. They wrapped him up as a present for the guards at the county jail. The End.
- Medical call for seizures at the Employment office 130 East Ortega.
- Assist Humbolt county D.A. On a subject in the 300 Block of South Salinas.
- 415 Asshole threatened a man after the man gave him money near Marina 3...(Give them an inch they take a mile.) WMA No shirt wearing jeans.
- Sexual Battery occurred on the West Side.
- Non-injury traffic accident near American self-storage. 100 Block of Calle Caesar Chavez.
- Check the Welfare of an injured K-9 in a car. 1600 Block of Santa Barbara street. The car was a gold Volvo Sedan. The vehicle left the scene but was quickly found by police who attempted to pull it over but it was a failure to yield but obeyed all traffic laws the police followed it to an Animal Hospital at Ortega and De La Vina. I did not hear any more after that. Hopefully the dog was ok.
Saw something real interesting on YouTube this morning. Some of you might be interested, it was called "Felony Stop 1973." It was a police instructional video about how to preform a Felony Stop correctly. It was filmed in Oxnard California in 1973. Check it out, it was pretty cool. Anyway, everything I own is falling apart the latest thing my washing machine; just one of those things I guess. Oh Well Have a great Weekend Saint Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head one and two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim,Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, MUSKIE, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengy, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted,, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger