Scanner Reports 9-27-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I was going to write something else but I read that homeless article now I'm all riled up. One thing comes to mind, during the 1995 Flood here in town I went door to door to help people dig out. I could not do much, that mud was heavy not lite like Chicago snow but I helped out some. People that had money were paying others $10.00/hour for people to dig em out, there was a guy downtown in the 900 Block in front of a woman's dress shop long gone now flying a sign, "Will work for Money." I told him where to go get work he told me to "Go to Hell" he did not want to work "Give me money!" he yelled in my face...Compassion? Have compassion for the people who go to work every day, not for the criminals who con others for a buck. Robert the Bomar Security Guard at the Milpas Shop-Lifting Center he deals with panhandlers every day, gets threatened too. Have compassion for him. He doesn't make much money for what he does. Have compassion for the Medic's, Police, Firefighters who go out on these calls everyday Transporting People to Cottage, the Nurses, Doctors, Cottage Hospital Security, Citizens these people get threatened, spit on, Yelled at they are very compassionate toward the Homeless yet they get abused like its part of their job to be abused.
I know that not all homeless are bad but Santa Barbara is a compassionate town with a lot of services not all of them help unless you dance to their tune and many are poverty pimps. But there is help if someone really wants it. I used to love going to the wall every day at the Employment office and get picked up for work I did not get much money but it was enough for Food, Drink, and Smokes. Back then there were not as many services as there are now. I used to love working I had several jobs with no time to rest much in between. I cleaned up a house that had burned and got ashes all over me by the time I'd get done working I'd find somewhere to lay my head I'd clean up in bathroom sinks, right after that job I got one building a road in the hills above Montecito me and another guy chopped brush and carved out a road through all kinds of crap poison oak all over the place between the ash and poison oak other crap I got on me I got some weird skin infection and ended up at Cottage. The hospital cleaned me up then transported me to the Salvation Army I was in bed for most of a week recovering from this infection they took care of me there at the Salvation Army on Chapala street bathed me fed me. You want to give someone money give them money because they really help people there...Catholic Charities, the Rescue Mission there are others not everyone gets rich off the homeless...I really miss the Old Days I wish I could still work like I used to go to the market buy roasted chickens for 3.50 Those were the days! Here are Your Scanner Reports...
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Unresponsive Female Medical Call 300 Block of Mellifont Avenue.
- A squatter in the Garage won't let anyone in 401 Chapala
- Check the Welare of a subject down with their legs in the roadway 1800 Block of East Cabrillo
- Injury traffic Accident 2900 Block of DLV
- Follow up on a burglary call 2500 Block of DLV
- Small fire reported out 30 Winchester Canyon Road
- Burglary to a garage 700 Block of Meigs road
- Trespassers 400 Block of East Canon Perdido
- Premises check 3500 Block of Calle Real
- 415 Domestic male grabbing female by the face 800 Block of Laguna
- Injured deer transported to the county animal shelter by animal control, I hope it's still alive.
- Medical call 700 Block of State street
- Possible Assault on Linden in Carpinteria Code 3 SBSO
- Hazardous investigation Fellowship road at Red Rose
- 415 Subject yelling 200 Block of State street
- First Block of West Anapamu 415pc Transient wearing green pants tan back pack yelling at passerby's.
- 2 Transients on bicycles Hispanic couple in an apartment laundry room trying to steal coins from the coin operated Washer and Dryer 400 Block of West Padre.
- Shoplifter at Rite Aite 35 South Milpas Heavy set female wearing Short, Shorts filling a bag.
- Sexual Assault SBCC near the stadium SBCC Security following the suspect.
- 415pc Transient threw a trash can at a bicyclist numerous Reporting Parties First Block of State or Thereabouts.
- Med call 400 Block of East Cota.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Starbucks 539 State street Medical Call.
- Assist a Bail Bondsman in the 100 Block of West Mission.
- 415 Transient 539 State street at Starbucks.
- Medical call 700 Block of East Cota.
- 415pc Over a stolen Laptop at the Dolphin Fountain 200 Stearns Wharf.
- Check the Welfare of a male transient highway 101 Southbound Castillo offramp halfway on the sidewalk halfway on the road
- 459pc Audible alarm 600 Block of Island View Drive
- Premises check Ortega Park
- Fire Alarms 2500 Block of Treasure Drive
- Vehicle vs Bicyclist 100 Block of Lassen Drive.
- County Somewhere did not hear location Possible Suicide.
- Med call 1100 Block of Punta Gorda
- Robbery investigation at the police station 215 East Figueroa
- Traffic accident 1000 Block of CVR
- Guadalupe Church premises check 200 Block of North Nopal
- 314 Indecent Exposure MTD 1020 Chapala subject exposing himself to employees WMA in his 60's wearing all black
- Subject with warrants in the lobby at the police station trying to pay for a ticket, he might want to wait it's good to have money on your books when your in jail
- East Side Park Premises check
- 415pc Subject 816 Cacique disturbing
- 415 Transient refusing to leave Tino's 210 West Carrillo.
- Hazardous Condition Investigation 2100 Block of Foothill Lane.
- Female yelling at Customers Circle K, 200 South Milpas. Home sweet Home
- 415pc At the California Hotel 36 State street.
- Check the Welfare Suicidal female 3600 Block of State street.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a wonderful Weekend... Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Clancy, Tiger, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads, One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Mrs. MacArthur, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Po, Mavis, Pat, Mark, Willie, Lafayette, Ted, Bengie, Ricky, Eddie, Bambi, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie,Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBIE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks,Ron Santo, John Havlick, Tom Petty, Little Mac, and Chris Willing We will see you on MONday-MONday.