Scanner Reports 9-20-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Was really hoping that Sprouts was going to move into the South Milpas mall now not so sure, haven't seen any workers over there for days. You can look into the front door it's not blocked off, looks like there is a sign back up that the space might be available. I asked someone about the store going in soon and they said something like "Not any time soon." I was really looking forward to ordering a fully cooked turkey with all the trimmings this year but I guess it's just the same as the last years, and they took out the Smoke Shop too. I think the smoke shop is in a better place to make more money which is good for the owner, nice guy he did not want to move either. That's right, come into a neighborhood make a bunch of changes then pull out of the deal or take your time putting it all together. I hope someone moves in there sooner than later. When they were working on it, the front doors were blocked off so one could not see inside but now you can. Whoever moves in there: I want Turkey with all the trimmings.
Someone was saying in a post that they cannot drive on the Highway anymore, they have Panic Attacks. I'm the same way now, I used to drive on the Highway all the time really fast when delivering things then one day it was really hot I wasn't drinking water. I kinda had a Sun Stroke-Panic Attack thing that was it, no more. Whenever I'm in a cab I ask them not to take the Highway, one night coming back from Cottage this guy got mad at me and got on the 101 and put the Hammer down flying back and forth, lane to lane just to add a little more asshole to his personality. He could have taken the freeway and not drove reckless, he did it to freak me out which he did. I thanked him for the ride anyway. He did get me home. I was very shocked the way he drove that I made it home I'm sure he had a good laugh over it with all of his dumb bass friends from now on I will either walk or wait for the bus. I have yet to have ever been on a reckless bus the bus drivers at MTD are very careful and pleasant too.
I saw a Hitch Hiker the other day on the Southbound Milpas On-Ramp. I used to Hitch Hike all the time when I was younger, I was real young when I started and had some very scary rides. I had a few good rides too people shocked that a young boy was hitchhiking. Now that I'm older and I lived through some of those rides I think I will write about some of my experiences toward Halloweener. I get chills thinking back how close I was to never be seen alive again. When your life is like mine was, Unpredictable from one moment to the next you never know what is going to happen. I guess one of the reasons I have stayed here so long is that I never stayed anywhere that long when I was a kid I was always running away from one thing or another...I haven't run away for many years now or hitchhiked for that matter. I'm glad I survived those years and lived to tell about them. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Vehicle rollover non injury 6000 Block of East Main in Santa Maria.
- 459 Audible 7 East Anapamu employee on scene with the wrong code.
- Drunk Driver Eastbound on State street from La Cumbre while male in older green pickup truck.
- Smoke investigation Guiterrez at Anacapa outside nothing found.
- Fire Alarms ringing no fire 35 State street
- Suspicious subject in the 100 Block of Helena SBPD flagged down.
- Highway 101 Southbound South of El Capitan vehicle accident moderate injuries.
- Missing person from the First Block of West Arrellaga missing since last Saturday.
- Smoke check Highway 101 Southbound at La Cumbre one inch by one-inch fire found caused by a cigarette butt.
- Animal Control unit 3 at East Side Park.-
- College and Third Unknown if injury accident, Lompoc- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.
- Suspicious subject following reporting party near Mission and Bath streets HMA tats on neck tan shorts, grey tee shirt last seen Eastbound on Pedregosa.
- Highway 101 Southbound South of Turnpike non injury accident.
- 1900 Block of San Pascual Grand Daughter 242ed Assaulted Grandmother for her cell phone.
- Smoke investigation inside an apartment in the 300 Block of West Canon Perdido
- 1800 Block of Castillo Overdose.
- 594pc Vandalism Smashed windows on car suspect info 300 Block of West Figueroa
- 3100 Block of Foothill 415pc Unknown Type.
- 2 Vehicle accident one party unwilling to provide info 101 North Milpas street.
- 2 Dogs glued together on the beach 2300 Block of Edgewater Way.
- Theft of Chocolate Milk from Ralphs 100 Block of West Carillo.
- Premises check 800 Block of State street.
- Panhandler holding sign in Traffic blocking some vehicles unless he is given money according to the reporting party at Garden street and East Guiterrez.
- Male yelling obscenities 100 Block of East Sola.
- Med Call East Side Library 1102 East Montecito.
- 1100 Block of Mark Ave sheared Fire Hydrant.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- First thing this morning heard part of a North County call which was sad SBSO requesting CWS Child Welfare Services for 2, 15 Year olds, and a 6 Year Old... Unknown circumstances all I heard of that call
- In the 3300 Block of State street 3 Subjects 2 with flashlights looking in cars one guy was opening the vehicles the others going in SBPD responded but by the time they got there, the bad guys were gone.
- Suspicious Circumstances in the 3700 Block of San Remo resident finds things in her apartment not the way she left them thinks someone might be in there.
- Juveniles High school age smoking on a wall at Loma Media and Robal Lane several vehicles with them grey Honda, grey Nissan, white Range Rover 8 Juveniles smoking.
- Leaf blower in a back yard in the 200 Block of West Victoria.
- Fire Alarms ringing 3000 Block of Foothill.
- Med call also 3000 Block of Foothill not the same address
- Intruder in a garage in the 1700 Block of State street.
- Camper at the top of the stairs 202 State street arrested.
- 415 Fight Milpas at Montecito 2 juveniles one had a knife no stabbing though.
- 484 Petty Theft from Arco 300 Block of West Carrillo.
- Domestic violence 400 Block of Old Coast Highway male 273.5 Female physically assaulted.
- Subject yelling for help and throwing things possibly in the 900 Block of Miramonte.
- Check the welfare of a drunk male in his 60's across from the Social Security office.
- Check the Welfare of a subject not heard from in a while in the 200 Block of West Ortega
- 484 Petty Theft and 415pc Subject at the 76 Station 200 South Milpas street BMA 35 years old.
- Med call 2800 Block of State street.
- Petty theft from the SBCC Bookstore 721 Cliff Drive.
- Premises check Alameda Park.
- 1000 Block of Casitas Pass med call.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Male yelling and taking off his clothing in the 3300 Block of State street.
Will that is enough outta me, for now, did a lot of walking on WEDnesday and thought I got enough sleep but didn't falling over oh well Have a great Weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Clancy, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo,Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis,, Bengie, Ricky, Mark, Willie Mrs. MacArthur,, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will pee you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger.
Sep 20, 2019 11:09 AM
Roger, isn't 3300 State at Las Positas? You have two incidents for that area on Thursday. One was a guy yelling and taking his clothing off. The other you reported, "3 Subjects 2 with flashlights looking in cars one guy was opening the vehicles the others going in SBPD responded but by the time they got there, the bad guys were gone." Were those two incidents connected? What's going on in that area, Cafe Stella has been burglarized twice in the last few months. What's up, do you have any ideas?
Sep 20, 2019 12:08 PM
It's not just that area. All of Santa Barbara is like that now. However Las Positas from State St all the way to Cliff drive does have of transients living in or around it now. I'm guessing their must be an increase in burglaries in the surrounding neighborhoods due to it. It's ridiculous how much money we pay in property taxes, rent and mortgage payments to have drug camps next to our homes.
Sep 20, 2019 03:43 PM
"there," not "their"
Sep 20, 2019 11:24 AM
Dear Roger. Hope you’re feeling better. We’re having great weather now, not too hot. Hope that helps.
Sep 20, 2019 11:25 AM
Roger, That scary cab ride maybe should have been reported to the cab company. Heaven only knows what the jerk does to scare others. Glad you survived!
Sep 20, 2019 02:51 PM
I think he singled me out FLICKA he probably likes everyone else plus he's their night shift guy they probably cannot get anyone else to show up on a steady basis I doubt they would do anything. The warmth doesn't seem to be doing much for the pain but Thanks.. No I don't think the two incidents were connected be funny if they were,.Alot going on in different places only thing I can think of is groups of campers being pushed from one place to another that is something that happens here.
Sep 21, 2019 02:35 AM
i bet less than half of those burglaries are committed by homeless drug addicts pleeeeeeezzz those well to do homes are filled with drug addict and oppurtunistic sons and daughters of those families around there.
Sep 21, 2019 07:24 AM
I do agree with well to do families having druggie kids as some of the biggest druggies I knew growing up were from wealthier households. However it does seem like everyone these days is on drugs. Wether it's illicit or prescription.
Sep 21, 2019 09:36 AM
DOCUSEONE, The kids from "well to do families" don't have to commit burglaries, they can just steal from their parents to buy drugs.
Sep 21, 2019 09:52 AM
Where I come from and seen and experienced most of my life is that the kids not only from the well to do families but those related to politicians, the law, and famous can be little devils and much more trouble than the little criminal types like myself...In my age bracket the ones I grew up with all claim to be saints now though I let some of their grand kids know they were not always saints..I'm proud of myself for helping them see the light too...