Scanner Reports 9-18-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I have always been a people pleaser, it stems from my fears as a kid starting way back when. I was a little kid that did not want to be beaten, though nothing I did mattered I still got hit or beaten weather it was from my Dad or someone else, nothing I did mattered. I remember doing things to make people laugh, one time in grade school it had rained overnight and there were huge puddles on the playground. I dove into them just to make others laugh to like me, the only thing it did was get me in Special Ed. The teachers said I was retarded, back then that word was accepted. Being a people pleaser was my way of surviving my insane life being the ultimate kiss ass, the Clown.
I was looking at Psychology Today: 10 Traits of a People Pleaser
1.You pretend to agree with everyone.
2. You feel responsible for how others feel.
3.You apologize often
4.You feel burdened by the things you have to do.
5. You cannot say No.
6. You feel uncomfortable if someone is angry at you.
7.You act like the people around you.
8. You need praise to feel good.
9.You go to GREAT lengths to avoid conflict.
10.You don't admit it when your feels are hurt.
I still have most of these but now I don't show them as much and if I know someone is yanking my chain I get angry and start thinking about my good old buddy the Woodchipper. It sucks that I still have some of these, I usually just agree with some people to get them to "Shut Up" when they go on and on about something as I am sure others agree with me for that same reason. I don't feel responsible for how others feel but some people act in a way to get you to feel that way "They guilt you." My mother invented this. I apologize when I feel I am wrong only unless someone has lost someone or something. Sometimes I feel burdened by the things I have to do most of the time I just do them. I can say "No, and do it often. I do feel uncomfortable if someone is angry at me but if they are in the wrong and just trying to "Guilt Me", See Wood Chipper. I act like the people around me, Gee I hope not. I need praise to feel good, Sometimes OK OK. I go to GREAT lengths to avoid conflict, Yes Got me there especially when my survival is involved. I don't admit when my feelings are hurt, Yea Right Watch Out.
I still have some but not all traits of a People Pleaser. I was thinking about this because of a recent conflict with someone, this Jerk was trying to intimidate me. I saw him for what he is and stood my ground. I did not show my weakness I was angry at being taken advantage of and conned. A few days after I began to see this guy and his friend for who they really are Back Stabbers it reminded me I have to be cautious of people not trust them so quick get to know them first. Just like if I went to prison NEVER accept a candy bar from your cellmate. Now I have to make some adjustments in my life in order for me to take care of myself they will be tough but in the long run worth it and That is That...Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Medical Call 711 3430 State street.
- SBPD on an RV with Washington plates in lower Shoreline Park.
- Medical Aide 4202 Calle Real.
- 3:30am Monday Semi trailer on it's side highway 101 Northbound at El Sueno.
- Deceased deer in the road blocking a lane of traffic First block of Villa Alica they said it like it was the Deers choice to block the road.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.
- Possible Squatter refusing to leave a residence in the 400 Block of Bath street.
- 245pc Suspect spotted on the Juinipero Walking Bridge Hoodie, Dark Shorts, I thought this was the 245pc Suspect from last Friday but thought I heard the dispatcher say this "There was a 245 last night." Which would have been Sunday night. I don't know if they caught up with the guy or not never heard anything else about the attack or suspect in the real snooze.
- Check the Welfare of a subject in a parking lot Unable to move 500 Block of Wentworth.
- Suspicious Circumstances A subject thinks he is being followed by another subject Cota and Milpas streets.
- Naked Male on the Bench side of Smart and Final "Put your clothes on you'll catch cold!"
- Vehicle vs Bicyclist in front of Gelsons 3305 State street.
- 5700 Block of Calle Real non injury hit and run.
- 10851pc Investigation at the police station on the 100 Block of East Cota street.
- Vehicle vs Bicyclist 1300 Block of Anacapa.
- Premises check Stearns Wharf.
- Suspicious Circumstances in the 300 Block of Vista Del La Cumbre.
- Drinkers at the East Beach Bath House.
- 242pc BFA in her 50's beating up a male in the area of Broodmar Plaza I did not write down the address but remember the area she also got away thought to have escaped the area on an MTD Bus
- Domestic Violence 400 Block of Corona Del Mar.
- 242pc Occurred in the 200 Block of East Cota street.
- 222 West Carrillo 415pc Transient behind CVS Pharmacy
- Medical Aide with PD response 1000 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- Black Mercedes into a fence at Fuel Depot 1929 Cliff Drive.
- Check the Welfare of a child screaming "No, No!" with a so called adult male yelling in the back round in the 3900 Block of Via Diego.
- If you beat your kid when he or she is young Don't be surprised how they pay you back when your old.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run involving a big white van at Big Five in the 3900 Block of State street.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Suicidal Female 15 East Haley back parking lot.
- Vehicle fire 100 Block of West Ortega
- Embezzlement investigation at Lazy Acres employee still on scene.
- 415pc Between 2 males who left before police arrived 1500 Block of Gillispie, police did an area check they were gone.
- Hazardous investigation burning smell possibly from a construction area 800 Block of Orange Ave.
- 5150 Talking to himself at Santa Cruz Market 324 West Montecito street.
- 20002pc Non injury hit and run Lazy Acres 302 Meigs Road.
- Drinkers on Nopolitos, SBPD on subjects 100 Block of Powers street.
- Premises check Chase Palm Park and Extention.
- Highway 135 at San Antonio Road Traffic Accident.
- 2500 Block of Borton Drive Parker Subject passed out behind the wheel.
- HMA Smoking marijuana at the Salvation Army, No Smoking.
- Male down on the corner of Chino and Pedregosa wearing blue jeans and a blue back pack.
- First Block of South Milpas Subject with Warrants.
- Premises check Parking lot 10.
- 4010 Calle Real Strong Arm Robbery, Kidnapping, Assault, SBPD still looking for suspects
- 415 Domestic 700 Block of North Salsipuedes.
- 415 Family 400 Block of North Voluntario.
- Wanted subject taken into custody Parking Lot of Planned Parenthood.
- Psyche Issue 2400 Block of DLV.
- Med call East Side Neighborhood Clinic.
That is all outta me except Yesterday I was walking to McDonalds for a cup of Cofefe I was waiting to cross the street at Quinientos and Milpas and there was this blue older Ford Explorer sitting there in traffic it had Colorado plates and plastic like saran wrap for a drivers window. I could not really see inside too well but noticed this guy jumping all over the place when I crossed got to the other side and turned around he yelled "F YOU!!!" really loud don't know if he was yelling at me or what I thought I don't want what he is smoking and continued on. I kinda got the sense he reads Edhat I don't know why..Oh well have a great WEDnesday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy,Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Willie, Mark, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Mrs. MacArthur, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger
Sep 18, 2019 08:40 AM
Roger, here's something I use that I wrote in my old address book, to remind me. "Bless me into usefulness today." I also have, "Maintain reasonable personal control in daily life." These are my personal reminders. I need to be reminded. I'm sharing them with you, just in case you find them useful.
Sep 18, 2019 12:18 PM
Re: the suspicious circumstances at Vista de la Cumbre Rd (Monday) I bet the call referred to me. I know it’s better to be safe than sorry but———really?*******That road is definitely not highly trafficked. I was there to buy some fruit (honor system), but couldn’t find the correct address right away. First, I stopped and took a photo of a residence where a guy was using a backpack gasoline-powered leaf blower. I would have got a photo of him, but he knew what was up and skedaddled. **********
Then, I had to ask a woman where the particular address was. She was very nice and knew where the fruit seller lived. Just a bit down and across from her house. So I backed my big Van up into a shady parking spot (for my dog) and parked. As I was slowly backing up, I saw a man in his front yard with a toddler. The man glared at me. I smiled back. (Please note: my Van is newly washed, well kept; a nice Van.)**********
Meanwhile, there was a dog a few doors up from my parked Van who never stopped barking. I felt bad for the neighbors and the dog. The dog was obviously lonely and bored. **********
I found the address and the bag of fruit was, as promised, on the seller’s front porch. I left the money and got back to my Van and drove off. **********
Life has got strange now, when you can’t even get a bit lost, ask directions, find a shady parking spot and then pay a quick visit to a residence without some neighbor calling it in. *********
I wish the person who called in about me would please call in about that poor, lonely barking dog. He’s obviously in need of companionship.
Sep 18, 2019 02:59 PM
I do recall one call was thought to be a drug by and you might be right...