Scanner Reports 9-13-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I see a lot of bicyclists who are reckless, especially in front of my house riding the wrong way and crossing over the street from the Northbound bike lane to the Southbound side while riding South on Milpas, riding on the sidewalk at full speed without slowing down at driveways while most motorists pull out and over a sidewalk so they can see traffic. Let me tell you from experience why riding a bicycle Daredevil in traffic is not smart.
I started riding a bicycle around 5 years of age and the very first day I ate it into the neighbors White Picket Fence and broke it. We still had white picket fences in Hammond back in 1963 unlike BERwYn, Illinois. Anyway, I was a very reckless young man in a vehicle or on a bicycle. I used to ride down De La Vina without stopping from the 1800 Block to Haley street and one night I ran the light at Carrillo street and almost got hit by a SBPD vehicle on it's way to a fight at Ortega Park. I was probably doing 35-40 mph he was going faster than that I would have been hamburger if he hit me. Instead they chased me down forced me over at Haley and gave me a ticket I was sooooo lucky it was very close. I also ran into open car doors breaking both the doors and windows getting cut up. I broadsided a Buick putting a huge dent in the door not to mention myself. One time coming down the hill on Micheltorena toward San Andres I hit a cable sticking out of the ground and hit a 4 inch planter at full speed. I was very tore up, I always managed to crawl away before the Ambulances showed up.
I had numerous crashes. I was a crazy son of a bitch my Mom would be the first one to agree. I have seen a few accidents where the riders were not as lucky as I was. I saw a young gal get scalped once here in a bicycle accident. I saw a guy go face-first off a motorcycle on Milpas years ago and lose his life seeing others hurt slowed me down a bit but not all the way. I finally grew up and the last few years of my bicycle riding obeyed traffic signals. It only takes one crash to change your life forever You don't want to do that. HERE ARE YOUR SCANNER REPORTS
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Report of flames seen 101 Northbound South of the 154 exit Buellton 6:10am.
- Med Call Bath street at Montecito Street.
- Minor injury accident 900 Block of San Andres
- Injury accident East Victoria at Pecheta 2 vehicles
- Broken leg at the Skate Park 200 Block of Collage, Lompoc.
- Traffic Stop white Toyota at the Visitors Center 1 North Garden street
- First Block of North Milpas street Drinkers.
- Search Warrant 600 Block of West Ortega.
- Drunken Public Urinator 1300 Block of East Montecito.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy.
- Sparky Transformer Vegetation Fire Dominion at Orcutt Garey.
- Encina Lodge Lodger threatening employee(he is a fighter) one Officer said so several units responded I did not hear the outcome, he threatened to shoot the employee no gun seen.
- Premises check Channel Drive and the Tracks.
- Med call 3700 Block of Modoc.
- 415 Transient Disturbing DLV at Micheltorena.
- Fire Test Call Los Positas at Cliff Drive.
- Check the Welfare of a female walking in and out of traffic Santa Barbara at Sola streets.
- Lewd subject with pants around his ankles 700 Block of State street near Blenders.
- 314pc Indecent Exposure 900 Block of DLV subject on a bicycle wearing a black shirt.
- Subject swinging a stick toward vehicles talking to himself 15 East Haley
- Vegetation Fire Highway 101 Northbound at El Sueno.
- Vehicle Fire Highway 246 at Purisima Road
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Strange case of Road Rage Thursday Mid Morning on South Milpas to Cacique Guy on a motorcycle stopping traffic just to tell off motorists, possibly UI, Saw him my self. Did not know what he was doing so I watched, first he stopped Northbound Traffic and cursed Folks out then he slowly went passed me to Cacique blocked traffic just to tell them off some more...Weird guy sounded like he did not know how to ride the bike either it had an orange tank and was a Japanese bike anyone else see this? There was alot of motorists trailing him.
- 900 Block of Orella Del Mar Elevator Rescue.
- 242pc La Cuesta High School I hardly ever hear any calls there.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park
- Illegal campers the Visitors center 1 North Garden, and Garden at Yanonali
- Suspicious circumstances reporting party thinks there car has been stolen but it's parked down the street. 1100 Block of Punta Gorda
- Med Call 53 South Milpas street
- Check the Welfare of a subject under the stairs since yesterday 425 North Milpas street.
- Med call 2200 Block of North Milpas street.
- 1700 Block of State street Audible Alarm, no crime.
- The door to Mister Taco appears to be kicked in 3700 Block of Constallation.
- Hollister at Ward report of vehicle fire smoke coming out windows of white Honda or maybe..It was another kind of smoke...There was only one caller.
- Fire Alarms Victoria Hotel no Fire.
- UI Female 2nd floor Apartments yelling 300 Block of West Carrillo taken away on a medical call.
- Code 2 Medics Ralphs for a drunk down.
- 911 Hang Up with an open line 900 Block of Summit Road Montecito County Club
- 415 Transient in the bathroom of Rusty's playing loud music 100 Block of State street
- Med call 930 State street.
- Suspicious Subject 3800 Block of State street West Side of Macys I missed what he did but he was suspicious.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Med call 800 Block of State street.
- Med call room in the Faulding Hotel Death Rest in Peace.
- Code 40 Drunk coming in on the Amtrak 209 State street.
That is all outta me Have a Great Weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Lola, PoPo, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tiny, Andy,Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Jim, Diana, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Willie, Mark, Lafayette, Ted, Mrs. MacArthur, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie, Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger