Scanner Reports 9-12-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
9/11/2001.... I woke up that morning, laying in bed, I turned the TV on it was on every station, news about an Airliner hitting one of the towers of the World Trade Center. As I was watching, another airliner hit another tower and I knew it was no accident. The phone rang I answered, it was Belinda "What the HELL is going on?!!!" She yelled. "I'm not sure," I answered. I grabbed a cigarette. "Looks like some sort of attack on New York." I said "Come on over" She said "OK." and hung up.....I made coffee.
She arrived we sat here smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee and crying. Seventeen years later Belinda is gone passed away, every morning I wake up thinking about her and I'm sad. That is part of my life now. 9/11/2018 I woke up thinking about the people on the roof of the World Trade Center looking down at the burning building beneath them knowing there was no hope then jumping. I thought about all the people who lost their loved ones that day and how lost some are still today. Some people never come back from being lost whether they are living or not, I know what that is like. I got up and made a pot of coffee and got on the internet and turned on the scanner it's hard to believe that was 17 Years ago and how much our country has changed since then. The attack on our soil damaged us but it did not kill us some of us are still here, some of us are gone, some were not born yet. We exist wondering if it will ever happen again but hoping it doesn't. One day at a time.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Check the Welfare of a dude sleeping in a red Mercedes at Anacapa and Canon Perdido, when police got there he was gone.
- Camper behind reporting party's fence in the 400 Block of West Guiterrez.
- 4200 Block of Via Real Motel 6 North a FRIEND ripped off his Buddys car. What are friends for?
- Premise check McKinley School.
- This was weird one of those..."Did I really hear that moments?" Check the Welfare of a 2 year old child in an overturned stroller next to a blue and white van at Laguna and Ortega, his parents are in the van. SBPD responded I did not hear the result of that call plus I was left wondering Did I really hear that?
- Theft of a cell phone by someone the victim knows a friend prehaps? 300 Block of Ellwood Beach Drive.
- Reckless Driver in a silver Ford Focus got off the 101 Southbound at Carrillo.
- 415 Dancer DANCING IN THE STREET! 700 Block of State street Mary 3 Warned them about Dancing in the street.
- Check the Welfare of an ill subject El Sueno at Calle Real near the market.
- Tree down on vehicle 400 Block of West Ortega not sure how it happened, maybe it just fell.
- Male dropped a motorcycle off at an address in the 900 Block of Castillo then jumped in a brown Nissan and drove off...Was he carrying the brown Nissan in his pocket, or was he carrying the motorcycle on the brown Nissan is my questions? Reporting party at the address said no one at the address owned a motorcycle a check of the license plate revealed that the motorcycle was not stolen. If anyone is wondering where their motorcycle is check the 900 Block of Castillo.
- Medical problem in a shed behind a home in the 500 Block of Casitas Road.
- Medical call arm injury 3880 Via Lucero Alta Lucero room 209 Bed 2.
- Man passed out in a silver Jeep 700 Block of De La Guerra Plaza outside the News-Press Folks trying to wake him up but he was unresponsive GONE by the time the Fire Department and Medics showed up last seen South on Anacapa never to be seen or heard from again till next time.
- Mary 3 on a Traffic Stop 1800 Block of State street a black Infinity.
- 415 Subject disturbing by the basketball courts at Ortega Park.
- The Gillespie Cleaning man going Door to Door with a bucket full of cleaning supplies looking for work in the 2000 Block of Gillespie.(Someone called in thinking he was casing homes.) I used to do that my special was the One Dollar Commode cleaning I had a scrub brush. I used to work for a guy did 20 Dollar full house cleanings just to get your business but I was the one cleaning most of the house. One day I got a house someone passed away in but hadn't been found rightaway.... The End
- Check the Welfare of a male laying in the street at 2120 Stanwood with long hair.
- Leg pain at the .99 Cent store they must be out of Tiger Balm there too.
- Code 40 Drunk unable to walk Coffee, Bean, and Tea Leaf, in the 3000 Block of DLV.
- 415 Domestic 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
Scanner Reports Tuesday:
- Someone with warrants at Carp State Beach in beautiful Carpinteria, California.
- Disabled Vehicle Los Carones at Calle Real blocking.
- Traffic Stop 300 Block of West Carrillo Mary 3 on a white Chevy Silverado.
- 415 Fight at Crown liquor 2 North Milpas must be a sale on those 40 Pounders.
- Premise check Ortega Park.
- Suspicious black Volvo at Salinas and Mason with a suspicious male and female in it.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 200 Block of Placer Drive.
- Structure Fire response 100 Block of Holly Ave in Carp no structure fire.
- Subject harrassing park employees Alameda Park. 100 Block of East Sola.
- Heard someone threatening to shoot his family co workers everyone but he don't have a gun it was taken away a few years ago but he is going to get another one he was gonna shoot himself too and everyone in his life. It was a North County call he was known to the Sheriff so hopefully they will take care of him before he goes through with his plans.
- 417 Subject brandished a knife on a female on Fig Avenue and then he got arrested.
- Premise check McKinley School.
- 2 Drinkers at the top of the path leading to SBCC overlooking Plaza Del Mar sounds like a nice place to have a drinky poo but SNOT Anymore.
- 10851 Stolen vehicle investigation 300 Block of Lloyd Ave.
- 415 500 Block of West Carrillo reporting party delivered food to the wrong address and now the Folks are refusing to give it back. Would You? I don't know if I would or not if I had the Munchies.....?
- 415 Physical fight at K-Mart 6800 Block of Hollister.
- Traffic Stop at Arco 200 Block of North Milpas 3 Occupants in the vehicle heard no more.
- Mary 3 on a Subject 200 Block of West Carrillo.
- Possible fight brewing large group of people Canon Perdido at Milpas all gone when police got there.
- Suicidal Subject 400 Block of West DLG.
- Forced entry on a Medical alarm and no one was home in the 2600 Block of State street.
- 415 Subject combative and detained 400 Block of West Pueblo not sure of the story there subject sounded like a patient of Cottage and detainer an Employee but not totally sure I did hear that the subject was combative though. Police said they were at Pueblo and Castillo.
- Overdose on the Sidewalk 300 Block of Channel Islands Blvd. I don't always hear Ventura County calls but they have been coming through lately n my scanner so I'll post them when I hear them.
Will I ordered a new 2018 Walker. It has cheap ass wheels I'll probably have to 10851 Someone elses walker get those 4x4 Wheels off it leave the rest in the Quarantina UNDERPANTS! I want my walker to be the bestest the best like a Cadillac Coupe De Ville floating on a cloud...Will that is all outta me for now Have a Lovely HUMP DAY! Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Sherry, Rambo, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Eddie, Bambi, Bengy, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Poe, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Lafayette, Ted, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, ROGER