Scanner Reports 8-9-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I have probably had over a thousand jobs in my life, when one did not work out for whatever reason I'd quit and move on to another. Because of meningitis which gave me brain damage. I could not retain knowledge right away, it took showing me things over and over again for me to "Get it" and I was and still am very dyslexic. I lost out on a wonderful scholarship because I could not learn that quick and my own family used my illness as a way to con the government out of money. I was so hard-headed I did not want to believe I had brain damage so I worked, I did whatever I had to do to get money even if it was unloading trucks or breaking rock for $2/hr. Most of my jobs did not last very long or pay much, I kept myself busy.
When I was in AA I had over 30 meeting commitments a week: taking down chairs, putting them up, cleaning tables, making coffee, cleaning the pot, secretary of the meeting. If someone needed their house cleaned, walls washed, things moved, their vehicle detailed but did not have much money, I did it for dinner or free or for 5 bucks. One time I cut a lawn with a pair of hedge clippers for 5 bucks, a pack of Kools, 6 pack of beer and a chicken dinner. I have done harder work in my time too, never for very much money, never owned my own home or drove a new car. I never had much. I had a job I really liked once in Montecito. I did everything that was asked of me and I worked hard, I even cleaned up after a guy who committed suicide, he shot himself in the head it was a mess, no one would clean it up. His wife would have had to do it I volunteered and did it. I did it before back home, sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do if we want to get paid. I only made $160 a week at that job, it was the early 80's still I loved the job. One day the day before my one year paid vacation my boss up and fired me hired a Mexican kid in my place for half the wages and he ripped off the vacation pay I never got it. I wanted to beat the crap out of my boss but I went out and got another job instead, less pay. I was the first security guard at Galleria. I made 3.50 an hour to start I worked for "WBC " Security in Santa Barbara when people asked me what "WBC" stood for I told them, "We blow cheap." they kinda liked that. I got to meet Barry Berkus I always liked Barry Berkus and his family they were all very nice.
Anyway, my point is (on top of my head.) Sometimes we have to adjust to things we don't want to do in order to get what we want. A friend of mine who hates Republicans and the president for wanting to build a wall between the US and Mexico keeps posting on Facebook that my lazy white ass is going to have to pick my own fruit and vegetables when the wall is built because the Mexicans will not be allowed to cross over the border and do it for my lazy white ass. My ass isn't lazy, it's disabled and if I have to pick my own fruit and vegetables and pay for the fruit and vegetables also I will do it. Not all white males voted for President Trump nor are racist. That is my MILPAS UNDERPANTS and I'm sticking to them all the time. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- West Main at Ray Road vehicle into a ditch.
- 415 Domestic 300 Block of East Victoria.
- Check the Welfare of a subject passed out on the stairs behind 1129 State street.
- Attempt Suicide in Goleta at a private residence.
- Premises check Chase Palm Park Extention.
- Illegal campers 1103 State street.
- 459 Audible alarm First Block of Constance.
- 415pc Road Rage 2nd level Paseo Nuevo.
- Be on the Lookout Boofus driving a grey GMC truck chatting it up on his cell phone at State and Figueroa almost took out some pedestrians California 93806??
- Traffic stop silver Honda Civic 600 Block of Del Monte.
- Probation check 3900 Block of La Colina.
- 2 WMA transients harassing a BMA transient behind the old Victoria street thertre.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.
- 415pc Aggressive panhandler 1315 Anacapa street.
- Wanted subject in custody 1000 Block of Orella Del Mar.
- Drunk female attempting to drive a vehicle in the 100 Block of East Haley.
- Road Rage subject in a White GMC truck Forced another vehicle off the road at Cacique and Milpas WMA blue hoodie, Dog in truck.
- Heroin Overdose Vera Cruz Park.
- Check the Welfare of a subject at the bus stop at Guiterrez and Santa Barbara streets.
- 415pc Between subjects at Vera Cruz Park 130 East Cota.
- Suicide Attempt 600 Block of Pilgram Terrace overdose.
- Public accident 1300 Block of San Andres
- Stolen vehicle possibly by a relative 1600 Block of Bath street expired tag on plate
- 415pc Subject refusing to leave the DMV on Castillo and arguing with employees
- Theft of a backpack in the 3900 Block of State street suspect WMA dark clothing ball cap.
- Purse stolen from Goodwill in the 300 Block of West Carrillo traced by cell phone use to the area of DLV and Haley.
- Medical for an Unresponsive ,ale in the 1400 Block of Sycamore Canyon Road.
- Kid with his finger caught in a spring Moxi Museum 125 State street.
The guy who was disturbing at the DMV went up to Hitchcock and started disturbing people up there too at the Lexus Dealership,..A woman who loaned a vehicle to a friend who never returned the car was following him around town last heard he was on highway 101 from Mission street. I loaned my Cadillac out once to a guy and he smashed it into a light pole at Scolaris so I took a ball peen hammer and put 700 dents in his Ford Pinto station wagon.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Fire Alarms no Fire 100 Block of Calle Palo Colorado.
- 415 Transient at the Good Cup 918 State code 40, Drunk harassing customers to the front.
- Med call for an infection at the Ortega Park pool 600 East Ortega.
- 415pc Subject refusing to leave Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- Grand Theft investigation 400 Block of Anacapa.
- SBPD assist on a non injury accident DLV at Los Olivos.
- Suspicious circumstances investigation at the police station 215 East Figueroa.
- Overdose Suicide attempt 1600 Block of Bath street.
- Stolen vehicle recovery 400 Block of West Ortega.
- Construction accident, rebar in the leg injury in the 800 Block of Centinela Lane, cross street Campanil on the Mesa.
- SBPD on a group at Vera Cruz park.
- Overdose 600 Block of Garden street.
- Minor injury accident 4900 Block of Hollister.
- 242 Assault investigation at the police station 215 East Figueroa.
- Med call 700 Block of Picacho Lane in Montecito.
- Male down in the trash can...I wonder if he is one of those inflatable males? Behind an address in the 3000 Block of DLV.
- Med call East Side Neighborhood Clinic 900 Block of North Milpas.
- Check the welfare of a female crawling across CVR in the 1200 Block in the cross walk.
- 415pc Male disturbing at the county admin. building 105 West Anapamu.
- Juvenile Crooks ripped off 3 Cases of beer from Smart and Final at 217 East Guiterrez they got away in a grey Toyota North Bound on Anacapa that's what I heard maybe they meant Santa Barbara street pretty sure they got the license plate I have something like it California ABZ9750 Not sure if it's the right one.
- 415pc Subject disturbing at Fed Ex in the 1000 Block of State street.
- 23103 Reckless juveniles on bicycles eight of them South on State street in traffic from San Roque.
- Fight brewing Alameda Park Gazebo subject yelling at others 100 Block of East Sola the police will shut his ass up.
Had a horrible leak in my studio was feeling ill along time from it once I discovered it I called my landlord and they sent Stewarts Plumbing out to fix it and they did a great job I feel better now...If they could only fix my back, and leg and....Anyway Have a Great Weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Mrs. MacArthur, David Cox, Po,Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Bengie, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Mark, Willie, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBIE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday...Later, Roger