Scanner Reports 8-4-17
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Thank Dog it's FRYday Again....I watch old shows on You Tube as I don't have cable and don't get to see the kind of TV Shows I prefer to watch Lately I have been watching Hill Street Blues it is hard to believe that show came out in the early 1980's......... 36 Years ago I truly feel ancient all these years later I have wondered where the opening scenes were filmed as I recognize some of the places it's looks like Chicago. I never looked into it until WEDnesday Evening and I finally confirmed it is Chicago pretty funny all these years later to finally find that out I'm not sure exactly where the opening scenes were filmed in Chicago but the bar with the Old Style sign some beer drinkers will remember I'm sure, reminds me of a bar in Calumet City I used to drive past a lot. The old police station scene was also in Chicago the show it self was supposed to cover three cities, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Chicago. I always thought it was supposed to be New York City for some reason. The actual scenes were done in Los Angeles...Interesting useless information to know. I have always liked "Cop shows" of course it seems that most TV shows have been shows about police officers, there are some about Firemen, and women, Medics, and those who are in the Medical profession. I have watched them all through the years but if I watch too many Medical shows I have been known to end up in the ER afterwards with a rare case of "Oca Bookie" that thing were you see purple spots before your eyes....Sometimes I have to shut off the Medical shows. I have been going crazy lately trying to remember the name of an old Cop Show that was done in the 70's with George Kennedy does anyone remember that show? I would really love to see some reruns of that show....Kinda funny Old Pot Smoking Hippie and a fan of Cop Shows.....Will I hope you all are enjoying our Fiesta Celebration I was telling my friend Tony the other day that the last time I went to anything Fiesta was many years ago probably 20 I ran downtown during the parade and bought Tortas then ran back and shared them with my Belinda I think they were like 3 Bucks back then, he tells me they are about ten now. I can't run anymore anyway....I hear our NOTORIOUS SHOPLIFTER is out of Jail I did not know she was in Jail this is the female I wrote about who hit Pet Co on Milpas awhile back, she is also infamous for hitting stores in Paseo Nuevo, REI, possibly Pet Smart on Milpas and a few other places. I cannot remember the kind of bicycle she rode but she wears baggy pants and carries Trader Joes bags and she is good at stealing one has to be to fund expensive habits....
Anyway here is your Scanner reports, WEDnesday:
- Clothing taken from the Lifeguard Tower "Lost and Found" Life guard tower 3 Ash at the Beach Carpinteria State Beach.
- 484 Shoplifter at Good Will 300 Block of West Carrillo.
- Medical call for a subject down possibly unconscious lot 11 Haley street side.
- 415 Domestic at Blue Skies 4200 Block of Calle Real.
- Medical Call 100 Block of Aero Camino Un conscious subject.
- 2 Medical code blues both folks passed away one in a residence in downtown Santa Barbara, the other in Goleta Rest in Peace.
- I heard there was a 261 Rape but did not hear location or area it was in the city of Santa Barbara, there was one on Tuesday also in the city.
- Report of a couple in the bleachers at Dwight Murphy committing Lewd Acts not sure if they were or not I wasn't there.
- Reckless tan Chevy Tahoe North on State from Cabrillo at a High Rate of Speed.
- Mary 3 was on Traffic, Mary 3 is always on Traffic he does a great job too! 200 W. Carrillo on a white Toyota Corolla they were ticketed.
- Suicidal subject 3300 Block of Green Acre.
- Check the Welfare of a subject possibly needing medical assistance in the 4800 Block of Branson.
- Medical call for an elderly female with an arm laceration in the 700 Block of State street.
- 415 argument between Sisters 600 Block of West Cota.
- Drunk getting Drunker across the street from McKenzie Park.
- 415 Domestic Anacapa at Anapamu.
- Unknown type of 415 at Circle K. 200 South Milpas the best block in the city.
- "FOOD ON DA STOVE" 1900 Block of Elise Way.
- Mulch burning a hillside Highway 154 at Calle Real last I heard water tenders were responding.
- Stabbing at Ortega Park suspect was caught soon after happened at the Basketball courts victim unknown condition.
- Medical call for an Arm Laceration in the tool department at Sears 3845 State street.
- Train Traffic was affected for awhile after there was a ride mishap at the Ventura County Fair Ventura County Fire was on scene working on or near the Rail Road Tracks I heard it on my Amtrak channel.
- Subject down in the Parking lot 29 South Milpas Trader Joes old parking lot I hope no one left a flat of fruit out there for people to trip over.
- Trash Can fire near the Rite Aide on State street put out by Police Officers with water.
- There were acouple footsey pursuits I don't know why one was near Chase Palm Park 300 East Cabrillo ending in the 500 Block they get caught quick Why Run? The other was in Isla Vista the guy was caught at Del Mar and Picasso after jumping out of a 2nd story window that is really going to hurt when your older Dummy.
- I started hearing the drunk calls and code 2 Medical drunk calls as it got later and later it was so hot I couldn't sleep I left the scanner on all night once in a while waking up to hear of another code 40 Drunk going to jail, Sober Center, or Cottage.
Scanner reports, THURSday
- 6500 Block of Cordova someone called in a 415 Fight, or maybe it's a loud potty in a residence of course the R.P. Wants to remain anonymous.
- Suspicious circumstances Skyline at Kenwood subject ripped off something from the bed of a truck then went back to his silver 4-Door silver Honda and passed out.
- 415 Male screaming at a female and cussing her out in the 700 Block of East Haley
- Goleta North side SBSO went to check the welfare of a subject who had not been seen in a few days who is suicidal and they found the subject dead, Rest in Peace.
- Elderly male in a red car going the wrong way in the Coast Village roundabout last seen West Bound on Cabrillo.
- Mary one was on a traffic stop 200 Block of South Milpas on a flat bed truck.
- Report of 8-10 Transients smoking Meth from a pipe at Vera Cruz Park, I prefer coffee myself.
- 273 Investigation occurred on East Alamar domestic violence.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation 900 Block of Garcia Road.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down in a parking lot at Guiterrez and Sapsitudes.
- 594 Vandalism of a vehicle windshield by a male with a squeege at Summit Gas 8 South Milpas there goes his tip!
- Unconscious transient near the fountain partially in the street 500 Block of State street.
- Female passed out side Smart and Final 3900 Block of State it's very hot.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Reckless IR 400 Lexus black driving on the shoulder of highway 101 North Bound exiting at Pueblo
- Suspicious circumstances 2000 Block of Gillispie they did not say what kind.
- Non injury accident in the Carrillo Underpants reporting party now at Silly Hall.
- 242 Assault at the Habit 100 Block of Highway 246.
- 415 Disturbing subject trespassing WMA ON A BICYCLE Challenging otters either drunk or 5150 2000 Block of Modoc.
- Aggressive panhandler 21 North Milpas bothering customers disturbing.
- Medical Fall victim with head injury 100 Block of West Mission.
- 484 Shoplifter Big 5 Sports store in the 3900 Block of State street.
Will it's been so hot these past few days kinda hard not to pass out I was so hot walking to the store I ended up going into the store I fell down in and it really wasn't so bad. At least there is a lot more space so you don't trip over stuff I was so hot I felt like I was going to pass out in there glad I didn't grabbed a water and pounded it right in the store...Anyway Have a Great Weekend and Fiesta.....Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J. ELMO, Carl, Stan, Kent, Rambo, Sherry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Diana, Jim, Magruder, Don, Cory, Edwin, Marty, Cop John, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris Willing We will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger