Scanner Reports 8-3-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Kids, it's summertime. They are out yelling, screaming, having fun and most of them ARE NOT paying attention to their surroundings. I see them riding their bikes on Milpas popping wheelies not wearing helmets. Playing chicken with pedestrians especially with elderly pedestrians on the sidewalks, some of them are ganging up and terrorizing the elderly. The other day I heard a call involving 2 men in a Chevy Suburban who threatened to shotgun kids on bikes who were bothering them. It was probably just to scare them to get them to stop bothering them but where I come from weird shit like that really happens. Usually, a drive-by to scare them but sometimes bullets meet their mark and kill. Usually, we don't have to worry about those things here but there are always accidents. Every Summer some kid who is reckless on a bike, motorbike, ATV, or on foot gets hurt, or killed being where I am from I saw a little more than most kids while growing up it made me cautious of things though I was wild too I was not as wild.
Where I lived there was the Monon Train company 13 tracks had to be crossed to get from one place to another back there were manual crossings not automatic. So someone had to actually put the crossing arms down to block cars from driving onto the tracks when trains were coming,(I'm that old so do not mess with me.). One train could be right at the edge of the road stopped and a ding dong would go around it out of nowhere on the next track a freight train could take them out. I was taught young to stay away from trains. Though I still played on the tracks I was careful and always alert for trains. I saw a kid fall under a train and get his arm ran over. We were all late for school. The train was stopped at the crossing as always this genius climbs between the boxcars then train jerks as it started to move down he went the train just rolled right over that arm...Late for school?! Dumb Bass I never even showed up for school I turned out ok... I saw a 10 year old kid dead with his upper body crushed once it was horrible he had been run over by a school bus. I worked for a funeral home cutting the lawn, they wanted me to do more but that line of work was not for me. It takes a special person to deal with the sight of a dead child. It's a horrible sight to see. Not all kids that get into accidents die some get brain damage scars, or broken bones none of which are fun..So Kids HAVE FUN JUST BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS...HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- A couple of jerks in a parking garage hiding something under a jacket, WMA's 601 East Micheltonena parking garage.
- Tree Fire at the cemetery someone who knows because they were there said there were burn marks up the cliff facing the ocean so the fire was most likely started by our guests camping near by.
- Suspicious package Calle Lindero at Rucker Road.
- 415 Domestic in the Church of Christ parking lot 25 West Pubelo
- 1100 Block of Arcadia Ventura County, Assault stage for the Fuzz.
- Highway 33 at the 166 Vehicle fire.
- 20x20 Burn patch in the beginning, Cat Canyon. But it grew.
- Female down next to a dark grey SUV on highway 154 near Calle Real, check the welfare call.
- Possible illegal burn Coophagan at Alisal, live wire possibly involved.
- "Skimming a pump.. County Call.-
- Then I heard a SBSO Dispatcher say "I'm holding a naked man at Loon Point on Padaro."
- Mission at Alamo on a disabled vehicle in a handicapped parking space.
- 415pc Disturbance in the 700 Block of Spring street.
- Smoke investigation 1 South Quarantina.
- Homeless camp large 121 Calle Caesar Chavez.
- Motorized bicycle fire First Block of Sueno.
- Medical call 100 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Stolen bicycle 500 Block of Castillo.
- Long haired blonde boy harassing females on the beach at Del Playa in IV.
- Family in the surf trying to catch Great Whites 3500 Block of Padaro at the beach.
- 415 Domestic violent male chasing female her top clothing missing 500 Block of Glen Annie, North.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Premise check 1300 Block of Anacapa.
- Medical call with PD response 900 Block of Bath street.
- Did not hear where but a transient grabbed a 14 year old inappropriately somewhere in Lompoc.
- Assault 600 Block of Daniel.
- Med call 3700 Block of Modoc.
- Strong Arm robbery 400 Block of State street
- Shoplifting 1100 Block of Cacique caught 500 Block of Milpas probably out by now
- 1400 Block of Telegraph Road wires down.
- Medical Anxiety Attack 5000 Block of Calle Real
- 1200 Block of Enchanted Way at Del Taco a subject lit his bush on fire.
- Vehicle Fire on Los Posas Ventura County.
- Med call PATH 816 Cacique.
- Landlord-Tenant 700 Block of Meigs Road 415, 242pc Tenant assaults landlord made him bleed.
- Premise check Alameda Park West.
- Keep the Peace 26 South Calle Caesar Chavez West Marine.
- Vandenberg Air Force Base Vehicle Accident, head injury.
- Highway 166 at Cottonwood Canyon Vehicle Accident.
- Premises check EastSide Park 200 North Soledad.
- 5 Juveniles Harassing and refusing to leave at the Habit 628 State street.
- Parking issue Miramar Beach.
- Party at a residence in the 2000 Block of Castillo no social distancing no one wearing masks people don't give a shit about anyone only themselves.
- Hiker in distress Camp Whittier.
- Rose Garden 2200 Block of Laguna 8-12 Groups of more criminals not social distancing or wearing masks.
- Shoplifing Blond from Smart and Final 217 East Gutierrez to the 500 Block of Garden street where she was caught.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Medical Call Female yelling for help at Samarkand 2500 Block of Treasure Drive locked door possible forced entry
- 1300 Block of Anacapa prem check.
- Vehicle vs a pedestrian highway 101 Northbound Milpas offramp I think it was just a little South of the onramp. I thought this was going to be bad I have known 2 People that bought it running across the 101 at Milpas.
- Med call 200 Block of West Haley.
- Grass Fire threatening structures on Orange Drive in Ventura.
- Missing at Risk elderly subject East Arrellaga.
- 415 Music 2500 Block of Mesa School Lane
- Items missing from Subjects home 300 Block of Ellwood Beach Drive
- Scared male in traffic 500 Block of State street
- Vehicle accident Pointe at Hollister
- Med call 1100 Block of CVR
- Vehicle accident 2 vehicles juvenile with a head injury 300 Block of West Los Olivos
- Unreported till now 245pc Beat Down, victim kicked in head 401 Shoreline it happened 2 days ago, possibly involving homeless. Originally it was reported as an assault with an unresponsive male but they could not find the victim. I don't know if they ever did.
- Injured Mountain Biker Cold Springs Trail Found and transported to Cottage via County copter.
- Premises check Bohnett Park.
- Medical call 1100 Block of State street.
- Medical Aide 1300 Block of East Cabrillo.
- 9500 Block of Via Reseda Structure Fire Response.
Have a wonderful MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Shadow, FREDDIE, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE, TWO, AND THREE, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Mark, Willie, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Lafayette, Ted, Marty, Cop John, Firefighter Robert, David Cox, Po, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Kona, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, John Prime, Tom Petty, Rich Mullins, Charley Bukowski, Little Mac, Lucky, Bill, John, Marianne, and Chris Willing we will pee you on Hump Day. Later, Roger