Scanner Reports 8-29-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I haven't worked the night shift in many years, nor worked in the tourist industry since I was younger. The one thing I remember about working nights is that strange things go on overnigh, of course, that is when all the strange people are up. When I worked in a motel on the night shift the strangest people were the Walk In's or the last minute reservations. There were also people who would rent rooms and instead of having a party at their home, party at the motel that way they could really rip the place up and be loud, according to them after all they paid for it. That is one of the reasons why credit cards are required when one rents a room. I have not thought about that for a long time until I heard about the people overdosing in the Mission Canyon Home rental the other night. If I owned a home I would NEVER rent it out to tourists for a day or two or subject my neighbors to that insanity. I think it's really dangerous to have rentals like that in a neighborhood, you have no idea who you are renting to, they could be Unstable, then under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs, downright Psychotic. I'm poor as dirt and most likely will always be, I will never own a home. I'm lucky I could rent and even that SUCKS sometimes when the neighbors have a party and you have no idea who they invited. MOST don't give a SHIT about your feelings, you spend the night peering out the window like Miss Kravitz because you never know what the selfish jerks are going to do. As a neighbor I have been violated many times when another neighbor decided to have a party, most don't even warn you they just do it. In one instance one of my cats was killed, I'm still angry about it too.
I don't violate my neighbors like that it's disrespectful, of course, some people have no respect for others. If you live in a neighborhood like this never hesitate to call the police if you need to you can remain anonymous as some party goers can be threatening. If your crazy like me there are other avenues of course but it's better to stay legal. One night many years ago a group of Thugs who lived next door on the neighboring property used to get all sauced up and beat up Homeless people. This group of punks went after my Belinda one night and they were the ones calling the police who responded code 3 to save their butts, of course, I was drinking back then I don't do that anymore. Now that I'm old and off the sauce if someones bothering me I talk to them directly I ask them to please quiet down and usually they do. I do have a couple neighbors that no longer like me for whatever reason, I think it's because I'm not like they are. I ignore them pretty much one night they had a party and their guests' pee'd on my fence. No Class, No Class at all. That is pretty much what you are going to get when someone rents out a House in a neighborhood and the renters have a party. One minute you're asleep in your nice comfortable bed in your quiet neighborhood the next the whole area is lit up and there are Emergency Responders all over the place. Some people care more about money then being respectful, unfortunately these people are all over the place in the lower HOODS as well as the upper HOODS. Just my MILPAS UNDERPANTS and I'm always sticking to them.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Injury traffic accident 2 vehicles involved 600 Block of North Milpas street.
- 242 Assault at 7-11 331 W. Montecito, hit in the stomach
- Found Property in the Commuter lot 400 Block of West Carrillo.
- Suicidal subject in the family courts 1100 Block of Anacapa.
- Lines down 50 Magnolia.
- Grand theft at a construction site 632 East Canon Perdido.
- Drunk driver in a white truck leaving Sansum Clinics Parking lot 215 Pesetas Lane.
- Drunk down on sidewalk does not want to move 939 State street.
- Reckless driver North on San Andres in a dark green Ford F-150 SPEEDING WEAVING.
- 20001 Hit and Run El Embarcadero at El Nido Lane victim has elbow injury suspect caught a couple blocks away, some people are not meant to be criminals.
- Vegetation Fire Via San Carlos in Solvang 1600-1721 Block.
- Drunk fall victim in the Parking lot of Enterprise Fish Company 200 Block of State street.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle subject Under the influence detained and arrested. 30 East Canon Perdido.
- Drunk Female at Rite Aide 35 South Milpas I think she was outside.
- Non injury hit and run Calle Real at Turnpike.
- Anacapa and Cota code 40 Drunk subject down cannot get up.
- Female caught doing the dine and dash 36 State street.
- Overdose in the 200 Block of South Canada.
- 242 Assault at Macys 3805 State street employee hit attacker ran away.
- Med Call 400 Block of Gibraltar ill subject.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Dumb Ass of the Week: Camper runs from Sheriff Deputies that was the only law he broke till he ran Dumb Ass. I thought I heard he was running toward County PHF But I think he was in another part of the county then right here in Goleta, either way some people are dumber than a bag of Hammers.
- Code 40 subject with code 2 Medics 200 South Milpas street will I guess he won't be around this evening to toss patio furniture around the Habit.
- K-9 in distress in a blue Dodge Ram at Market Place, German Shepard.
- Non injury traffic accident possible DUI involved Arrellaga at Bath streets.
- Subject refusing to leave Woodys and Drainning his Lizard 5100 Block of Hollister I guess he showed them!
- BOLO White Audi SUV 100 Block of South La Cumbre Tailgater paper plates.
- Drunk black Honda on Hollister Ca part plate 522U???.
- Med call 4141 State street.
- Juvenile Problem at Harding school kid pushing staff throwing things.
- Med call Dos Pueblos High School 7266 Alemada for an Unconscious subject.
- Stalker 600 Block of East Montecito street.
- Suspicious male in an RV 5800 Calle Real parked near some bushes SBSO Familiar with the subject
- Wanted subject with warrant La Mesa Park 295 Meigs road.
- Not going to state address, obvious reasons... other than the county SBSO to respond to a residence to pick up weapons used in a self-inflicted wound.
- Campers 400 Block of West Montecito.
- Vehicle Fire highway 154 at Windy Gab unoccupied vehicle all I heard there.
- Drunk subject disturbing at LOOKOUT! Park.
- 415 Female yelling in the bathroom at Ortega Park.
- Landline 1021 on a non injury hit and run report County.
- Possible kidnapping call came from the 76 Station on Via Real in Carpinteria Kidnapping with a demand for ransom for the kidnapping of someones daughter all I heard thus far.
Kinda shocking about the Firefighters being involved in the rental and overdose in that Mission Canyon Home never expected that I guess I'm just naive about some things Anyway have a great WEDnesday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Tom Cat, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One, Jerry, Poncho, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Bengy, Ricky, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger