Scanner Reports 8-25-17
I have been thinking about the kid that lost both his parents this week. It reminds me of a Chuck Norris Movie called Logan's War. The movie is about a kid who loses his whole family, they were killed by thugs. Chuck Norris adopts him and teaches him martial arts. When he grows up, he pays a visit to those who killed his family and pays them all back. It did not happen that way to this kid; his father killed his mother. Worse in my book because the kid might grow up thinking that he could be a killer too. It's hard not to think that. I thought that most of my life because my father was abusive, though he had his good points, they were few and far between. The abuse made living a normal life very difficult. I constantly walked on eggs. I thought when I grew up I was going to be like my father. I thought if I married and had children I would abuse my wife and children too. That is the main reason I never married. Just because one of your parents is a monster, doesn't mean that you are one. I hope whoever adopts this child teaches him this. His mother was a good person, his father had demons. By demons I mean bad thoughts that he let control him. Those thoughts make life a living hell. I wrote about them recently. Ironically the boyfriend of his mother and his family wants to adopt this boy, and the boyfriend is a martial artist. There is also huge community support for this child. It's going to take a village. With enough good folk in his life, he will make it as his mother in Heaven is watching him and her memory will pull him through. But the demons are always there waiting. Don't let them win no matter what.
As some of you know I am a big fan of social media. My family is also, and though I haven't seen them in years, we speak almost every day through Facebook. My little sister picked up on a story on Facebook about a child who was fatally injured in a freak accident. The child, whose name is Logan, got his head stuck in a vehicle window cutting off his oxygen for over 40 minutes. At one point, he started to get better then took a turn for the worse and passed away. Before he passed away, his parents donated his organs. Though I read this story on the internet and am not personally involved with either case, this has been a week of tears for me. I'm sad for both families. I'm sad for anyone who goes through hard times, as I have been there.
I have a hard time praying and believing in spirituality, especially with what is going on in our country today, as I see a lot of ugliness and I fall into it debating others. But I am praying for this child who lost his folks and I will continue doing so for a long time. I will also pray for Logan and his family and others I see going through rough times, though I am no preacher.
The thing about these debates people get into there is little communication. Everyone is pretty much barking out their beliefs and not listening to the other person, myself included. It's kind of a waste of time, an exercise in insanity.
Here is your scanner reports, Wednesday:
- First thing I heard on Wednesday was some kind of standoff at the Quality Inn in the 200 block of Nicholson. It was a County call covered by Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Dept. I caught it in the middle, pretty much heard some type on non-lethal weapon was deployed and medics responded.
- There was a burglary to a vehicle on the north end of Santa Barbara.
- Report of domestic violence southbound on DLV in a white Toyota pickup truck. A male punched a female. I don't like domestic abusers.
- Theft of food from the Double Tree by a hungry homeless person, 600 block of East Cabrillo.
- Suicidal subject in Santa Maria wandering around town wants to commit suicide by cop.
- Medical call for a subject outside the Schott Center with a possible head injury. Engine 3 responded.
- 2000 block of Village Lane, the story goes these folks were moving in and the gal left the keys and all her possessions in her open 2010 Ford Focus and someone ripped it off with everything inside the vehicle. Was last seen headed toward Mission.
- There was a subject inside of a vehicle parked outside of 7-11 in the 7400 block of Hollister screaming. SBSO responded and requested fire department and medics. I never heard why but I hope the person is ok.
- Theft investigation in the 600 block of Laguna for a City vehicle.
- Castillo at Montecito, traffic accident.
- Professional shoplifter from the 1100 block of State Street, a blond WFA wearing all black with a bag full of stuff, pretty sure she hit a clothing store.
- Theft of a wallet 3000 block of State Street or DLV, pretty sure they said State Street and DLV was the escape route for a Hispanic couple, male and female, who took the wallet.
- There was a report of a male subject down in the Cabrillo ballfield, medics and SBPD responded, and were unable to locate a subject.
- Mary 3 was on a bicyclist in the 1000 block of State Street.
- There was a suspicious van reported to have hit a couple center medians around town and was traveling around with a left front tire that was flat. It was pulled over in the 2200 block of State Street.
- There was a report of a heroin overdose at Cota and Salsipuedes and I heard the subject was code blue and CPR was in progress at the time of the call. I'm not sure what happened after that.
- Medical emergency for a subject feeling weak in the 1900 block of Cliff Drive.
- Domestic violence in a green Mazda Protégé in City Lot 5, 1200 block of Chapala. Another male beating on a woman. The reporting party said after the punk punched the woman he was hovering over her inside the vehicle. I don't like domestic abusers.
- Checking out my earthquake list there was a couple little earthquakes in IV on Wednesday, a couple more in Carpinteria overnight.
- Santa Barbara police officer doing the Foot Patrol on State Street.
- Van One, aka, the Paddy Wagon, requested to assist the Frank Units in Ortega Park for transport.
- There was a check the welfare on a fella at Gillespie and Mission, wearing no shirt or shoes, asking folks to call the police for him. SBPD responded and requested fire department and medics for an arm laceration.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Camper in a truck with a camper shell, 335 South Milpas, parked alongside the building, Tri County Produce.
- Rape investigation at Cottage Hospital.
- Harbor Patrol was on a subject at the west end of Leadbetter Beach parking lot.
- Reckless driver, eastbound on Yanonali from the 100 block of North Milpas Street, a white Altima.
- Domestic, Tuckers Grove, male chasing female, female screaming as if she is in distress. They are associated with a burgundy Ford Explorer.
- Domestic verbal in the 1300 block of Mountain Drive.
- Forgery investigation in the 2600 block of DLV.
- Attempted commercial burglary in the 700 block of Cacique Street.
- Medical call for an allergic reaction at the Natural History Museum.
- Friend steals a Smart car from the 300 block of West Canon Perdido. They probably thought that their friend would not call the police. Not very Smart of them. They were caught in Buellton and are now enjoying soy delights at our mansion on the hill.
- Transient refusing to leave Carl’s Junior at 7 South Milpas. I wish they would bring back their salad bar.
- Domestic between aunt and niece, 800 block of North Nopal. The niece is angry because aunty threw all her clothing in the trash.
- Premises check, the Mesa Steps.
- SBPD officer was on a couple subjects at 801 State Street. He took one in custody.
- Injury traffic accident, child injured, two vehicles involved Chapala at Arrellaga.
- Check the welfare, 300 block of East DLG.
- Audible burglar alarm, 5300 Block of Berkeley.
- 2400 block of Lilac Street, assault victim with a traumatic injury.
- Theft 7-11 downtown Goleta, subject stealing items, 5800 block of Hollister.
- SBPD on a group, 600 block of East Cabrillo.
- Premises check, Highway 101 northbound off ramp.
- Embezzlement investigation, 800 block of State Street, employee involved.
- Check the welfare of a subject in the 300 block of Ellwood Beach Drive, who says they are a victim of domestic violence.
- Check the welfare of a juvenile who took a handful of pills and left home saying he was going somewhere to die. Last seen walking westbound on Victoria from Laguna.
That is all outta me for now. I hope that a good family adopts Daniel and he has a wonderful life. I heard on Fox 11, our local channel, that he has a cat that was also a family member. They say that animals pick us, we don't pick them. They are like little angels that help us get through the tough times in life. I have one too. He picked me. I'm sure I spoil him and I love him very much. He was with my gal when she passed on. She asked me to take care of him if anything happened to her. It's more like the other way around; he takes care of me. We have each other, me and him. I tell him everything and he tells the neighbors, "Meow,meow,meow,meow,meow." I'm not sure if they know what he's saying, it's all good though. Have a great weekend. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Cop John, Marty, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Jonathan, C.J., Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Rambo, Sherry, Diana, Jim, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on Monday. Later, Roger
Aug 25, 2017 09:26 AM
Hi Roger...I get you...growing up with abuse..all the different kinds does affect some of us for life. I appreciate your writing and sharing... thanks. <3
Aug 25, 2017 12:19 PM
Roger, I agree with what you have to say on the subject of the little boy. And, at nine years old he will well remember the hell he's gone through. Maybe he has family, like grandparents or aunts and uncles who will raise him. Family abuse is so horrible, nothing children can do to get away. Like you said, Roger, kids just keep walking on eggs and hoping not to be hurt.
Aug 25, 2017 02:35 PM
walking on eggs. Brings back memories I would rather not visit.
Aug 25, 2017 04:56 PM
I donated : https://www.gofundme.com/InSupportofNatalia
Sigh. Another horror. There is direct bank account info in the comments on the left, for donations by check. Or donate to Domestic Violence Solutions,
or many other anti-dv groups.
Aug 25, 2017 04:57 PM
If a god allows so many innocents to die each day, all over the globe, by abuse, neglect, and war....
I don't know what to think.
Aug 25, 2017 05:28 PM
well think I will make the world around me the best I can.
Aug 25, 2017 05:00 PM
Yay, Thomashefsky no longer has a medical license in OR or CA. NASTY details. I used to work in medical field. Yuck.
Aug 25, 2017 05:25 PM
would you care to elaborate . please tell your side. I have worked a few snake pit offices my self as an RN.
Aug 25, 2017 05:33 PM
Tell it on the mountain/ or not . is it a complaint, or a warning my sister ? non of my bizz. for shore.
Aug 25, 2017 05:37 PM
Check the welfare of a juvenile who took a handful of pills and left home saying he was going somewhere to die. Last seen walking westbound on Victoria from Laguna Man that so souns like my Adolescent thinking.
Aug 25, 2017 09:29 PM
I medicated early. :)