Scanner Reports 8-24-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Meds I finally got them, my fix. Ahhhh, actually it was such a small amount of a medication I wonder why it works for me but it does. If I'm considered an addict for taking them it's fine by me, seems like other people know best about our comfort and their comfort is taking stock of our comfort anyway. Whatever, I think there was a miscommunication somewhere between Doctor and Pharmacy.
Under that basic same topic of putting our noses where it does not belong, I have been observing a person who I consider a friend, go downhill on alcohol and have spoken to them very lightly on the topic. But while they act interested, they are not they just want to keep the party going. One of those things I guess, like when my GrandFather sat me down and tried to teach me about life and I called him a stupid old man who never lived and did not know shit. He knew a HELL of a lot more than I did, just the mere fact he worked 45 Years in an East Chicago Steel Mill and lived to tell about it. My Uncle who played Football for the local High School and was tough as nails could not handle one days work at Inland Steel. My Grandfather never had a sick day, if he did he went anyway. He knew much more than me, I called him a stupid old man. I don't think he ever forgave me, or maybe I never forgave myself. I did not want to hurt his feelings I just wanted him to shut up so I could drink. He did and down the road a piece I ate shit over and over again till I had enough. That seems to be what it takes to change one's direction in life. Some people are smarter, they get bit once or twice that is all they need to change. I haven't had a drink in 15 years and still look like swiss cheese, Fat swiss cheese. I'm OK this way with myself though, I do not like watching my friend go down the road I did, it's their road, not mine.
I have been mainlining Tiger Balm for pain, the only discomfort is waking up in sweat, it freaks me out. The Tiger Balm works better than pretty much any other Balm, although the Marijuana Balm is OK too it just stinks. When I got the Marijuana stuff the guy told me I did not need to use much of it but for me more helps and the Balm does not get you high so anyway there is that. I have muscle relaxers but don't like what they do to my stomach. Someday I don't think I'll care, like anger, Pain Sucks. I heard someone go code blue after falling down the other day, happens a lot. My friend told me they spent several hours in jail on a DUI Charge "I'm never going back there." They said. Yes they are, though they don't know it yet this one is going downhill without brakes like I did only faster. I'm not looking forward to watching I like the quiet life now. I like my morning coffee and Facebook hanging out with Joey and Fish Head although Fish Head is very ill now poor little guy. The simple quiet life is better for me...Keep it Simple.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Amtrak radio speaking of a Suicidal female to watch out for near the tracks I think she was found later in the day alive and transported
- 20002 Non injury hit and run on El Cielito.
- Vehicles blocking construction 1200 Block of Cacique street.
- Kid refusing to go to school 400 Block of West Micheltorena 17 Years Old.
- Female Under the influence of drugs or alcohol entered someones home, tried to steal their bicycle, hit the neighbors car with her fists and went to jail in that order, 1400 Block of Almond.
- 300 West Mason D.O.A. Animal.
- Theft of a Cadillac converter 900 Block of East Yanonali. I saw this myself as I was sneaking off to Little Caesars it wasn't much just a guy laying on the sidewalk in the First block of North Milpas chowing down on something from Carls he would not get out of my way even though I walk with a cane so I did some creative visualization and 5 minutes later the police was there with him That Shit Works! I thanked the Police Officer
- Code 40 female in traffic Los Positas and Modoc.
- 415 RoomMates 3700 Block of Gregory Way.
- Domestic violence 900 Block of East Ortega
- Shoplifter at Marshalls 900 Block of State street.
- Daughter 242ed Mother 400 Block of West Micheltorena.
- 415 Domestic in an RV parked over at Garden and Cabrillo.
- 415 Domestic over a dog 300 Block of West Alamar.
- Domestic violence 273.5/ 1700 Block of San Andres.
- Report of a vegetation fire 1400 Block of West Main.
- Campers in a gold suburban behind Dennys in the 3600 Block of State street.
- 1700 Block of Chapala drunk female accusing her neighbor of battering her.
- Ex boss refusing to leave ex employees home in the 300 Block of West Sola been there twice now must have been a good employee.
- Suspicious circumstances Harding School they did not say what they were.
- Fall victim facial injuries 118 East Figueroa.
- Medical call on Uranus in Lompoc.
- Subject walking in Traffic 500 West Carrillo.
- 2 Homeless guys yelling near India House.
- Reckless black Toyota ran a red light Milpas at Guiterrez "998" Last 3 on the plate.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Code 40 Female laying on a driveway yelling 200 Block of West Sola.
- 459 Commercial burglary ATM Window Montecito Bank and Trust. on Coast Village Road
- Report of a 10 year old child being hit by his father 8 Paseo Nuevo sounds like the hit might be alittle too hard.
- Pursuit SBSO chased a guy all over West Main and Amber streets for a few moments I believe he was found behind a residence on Amber barricaded in a shed he had a bulge in his pants the officer said he did not know what it was? I think it was one of 2 thinks drugs or....Maybe a gun I never heard either way what that bulge was in the guys pants I'd rather not know a real journalist might care but I don't.
- 415 Domestic in the 3800 Block of State street in one of those apartments up there.
- Minor injury accident San Andres and Sola.
- 242 Assault or a shove in the 400 Block of Corona Del Mar.
- Subject ran from the City police through the creek bed on the lower West Side I think he got away but they knew who he was.
- 5150 Walkaway from Cottage hospital name Scott 46 Years old 6' 180 pounds this guy was the same guy who made it all the way down to Stearns Wharf and went for a naked swim around the Wharf evading police, Harbor Patrol, and Fire Fighters for a bit then finally gave up and was transported back to Cottage.
- Medical call for an allergic reaction to peanut butter on the North End of Town.
- Medical call at the SB Airport in the restroom
- Suicidal subject stated he was going to jump off Cold Springs Bridge male driving a 2003 Toyota Tundra, they found him before he committed suicide.
- Keep the Peace child custody 500 Block of West Montecito.
- Frank Unit on a subject 19 North Milpas.
- 647 F Drunk at the Hilton on Hollister.
- Code 2 Medics on a suicidal subject out with SBSO at Cachuma Village
- 484 Shoplifter got away with 2 Bottles of Vodka from 610 State street. About 38 Years ago my friend and I were sitting on the wall of Bank of America at the corner of Cota and State street when a beer truck pulled up one of those old beer trucks with the sliding doors on the side. There used to be a liquor store on the corner there is a Starbucks now anyway my friend was going to steal a case of beer the driver came out so he climbed in and shut the sliding door behind him. He was in there acouple minutes pounding acouple brews he got caught trying to take the case I did not get involved I watched
- 459 Burglaries to vehicles city parking lot 2, 900 Block of Chapala at least 2 burglaries and one vandalism.
- Code 2 Medics 2500 Borton for a female.
- Suspicious circumstances did not say what 3700 Block of Hitchcock Ranch Road.
- Check the area for a Drunk male in his 70's walking North on Castillo from Cota.
That is all outta me for now the neighbors kids keep running past the door screaming "Hi Roger!!!!!" I feel like jumping into the ocean myself now KIDS! Anyway Have a Great Weekend...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One, Clancy, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J. Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO,Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Poe, Bengy, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Eddie, Bambi, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on Monday-MONday. Later, Roger