Scanner Reports 8-23-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
As I was listening to the Scanner on WEDnesday I heard a call at Wood Glen Hall in the 3000 Block of Foothill. The call was for a Code 415pc: Disturbance, a grandson yelling at his grandfather. In all the years I have been listening to the Scanner I have never heard a call involving the Police, it is usually a Medical Call there. The Grandson was 19 years old and possibly emotionally upset. I yelled at my Grandfather too when I was 19 years old it is one of the biggest regrets in my life.
I did a lot of bad things in my young life but that to me was one of the worse. I cannot remember what it was about but I remember yelling at him saying "You don't know what it's like!!!" and him grabbing his chest as if he was having a heart attack, it was no act on his part, it shut me up. He never spoke to me again. In a few moments, I lost my Grandfather being an idiot.
Of course he knew what it was like whatever it was I was going through he experienced it all before me I was just a stupid kid. Out of everyone in our family, my Grandfather was the hardest worker working for Inland Steel for 45 Years retiring as a foreman with no sick days in 45 Years providing for our family. He got other family members and friends jobs there not many held out, my Uncle John quit after one day became a Hammond Cop and ended his career as the Chief of Police. Being a steelworker for 45 Years was easier for my Grandfather because he loved his family. I always thought of myself as the Ultimate Screw Up. I could never do anything right if it could be done wrong I'd find a way to be a complete failure that was what I thought I was best at. When I yelled at my Grandfather almost causing him to have a heart attack that was it I was the blackest sheep in the family.
I left town a couple years later joined the military which I got thrown out of a couple months later. I sobered up in 1980 and was still sober in 1984 when he passed away. Everyone including my Grandmother told me he loved me and forgave me but he never spoke to me again. I know today he would be proud of me because I never gave up and found my way. I think he was afraid of me after what I did because my real Father had a bad temper and acted on it physically toward others. Most of the family was afraid of Dear Old Dad but My Mother a Sister and I received the most beatings from him. I hope this Grandfather and Grandson work their problems out and the Grandfather speaks to his Grandson again it's a horrible thing going through your life without your Grandfather...Here are Your Scanner Reports
Scanner Reports, Wednesday
- 415 Domestic 200 Block of West Sola.
- Medical call 1200 Block of Bath street.
- Fall from a ladder on Via Real 500 Block.
- Med call Computer dispatcher female voice not a real person it's a new thing 800 Block of North Milpas.
- SBPD on a subject 300 Block of East Haley.
- Vehicle vs Bicycle Castillo at Canon Perdido.
- Trespasser 800 Block of State street near the E Bar.
- Unresponsive subject down Guiterrez at De La Vina Med Call.
- On 2 Subjects Quarantina Underpass.
- Med Call Trader Joes 3025 DLV
- Fire Hydrant sheared 3800 Block of State street.
- Leaf Blower East Side Park 200 North Soledad.
- 3010 Foothill WoodGlen Hall 19 Year Old Threatening Staff and Yelling at his Grandfather 5150 Hold.
- First Block of West Canon Perdido theft of glasses.
- Follow up on a criminal call on Elizabeth street at Montecito George Unit and another unit.
- Theft of an Electric Bicycle 2900 Block of DLV.
- Found property in the Police Station 215 East Figueroa.
- Med Call 36 Hitchcock YMCA laceration.
- Grand Theft investigation 1200 Block of Chino.
- Med call with Police response on a code 40, Drunk 2819 State street The Lemon Tree Inn.
- Overdose 500 Block of Milky Way.
- 415pc Subject near the creek in the 400 Block of Chapala.
- 415 Domestic 500 Block of Los Olivos
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Premises check Alamar Motel.
- Premises check Amtrak Station.
- Med Call Rescue Mission 535 East Yanonali.
- Audible Alarm 100 Block of Cedar Lane.
- Batt:730 Fire Test Call 121 West Carrillo.
- Medical Aide 227 East Anapamu.
- Fall victim on South Soledad First Block of South Soledad.
- 459 Audible Alarm 500 Block of Castillo.
- Vehicle vs Deer, The Deer passed Away at the Bradley Dip, in Santa Maria.
- 20002pc Non injury hit and run 300 Block of North Alisos parked vehicles hit.
- Illegal Burn in a back Yard First Block of South Salinas.
- DLG at Anacapa vehicle accident minor injury.
- Subject threatening to break into a business left a business in the 300 Block of Chapala street driving a blue BMW.
- Unknown med call Lower Manning Park.
- Code 40, Drunk Disturbing at Cottage Hospital was bought in from Garden and Cota streets.
- Minor injury accident in front of 3940 State street in front of McDonalds Vehicle vs Bicyclist.
- 415pc Between Reporting Party and Business Partner in the 400 Block of North Milpas street.
- Premises check highway 101 South Bound Milpas onramp.
- Subject harassing passer-bys at State and Carrillo Streets.
- Transformer Fire 6500 Block of Del Playa.
Will that is all outta me for now. I was remembering some memories of my Grandfather they had a 2 and a half story Cape Code style home One time my Grandfather told me if I painted it in 3 Days he'd give me 150.00 Dollars this was back in the 70's. I did it in 2 And a Half Days he gave me 15 Bucks, the deal was 3 Days...15 Bucks still bought alot of beer back then. Another time I was on the Porch roof cleaning out the gutters, the gutter gave way I fell backwards hurting my ankle he went off on me thinking I was faking told me to get my ass back up there and finish the job, I did with a sprained Ankle, 10 Bucks bought alot of beer back then...I got medication I gotta start taking it's called Metformin 850mg a day I have heard some scary things about it thus far and decided not to take it until I get a monitor and learn a little more about foods to eat it also causes stomach distress I want to make sure I have everything I need before the shit hits the fan and then some no pun intended. Hopefully all will go according to plan. Have a Great Weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Mrs. MacArthur, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Bengie, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Mark, Willie, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO,KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, John Havlick, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger