Scanner Reports 8-2-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I used to love Fiesta, De La Guerra Plaza, McKenzie Park, finding the best perch to watch the parade comfortably, even when I could not find a great place to watch I went. When I did security I worked both DLG Plaza, and McKenzie Park. I worked parties as a bouncer in uniform, I did not really get tired of Fiesta I just got old hurt on the job. I could not stand or walk to far anymore it is more comfortable to stay at home. The last time I went I did not stay, I snuck over to DLG Plaza bought a couple tortas for me and Belinda, went home to enjoy them with beer, lots of beer, that was long,long ago. Every year I say I'm going to go to the church a few blocks over from me but my arthritis prevents me from doing many things. I had my days in the Sun and now mostly I have my memories. Some of my best Fiestas were spent right here at Home with my Neighbors Jerry and Isabelle Flores, the Spanish Versions of my Grand Parents. I had fun hanging out here with them. Isabelle was 90 when I moved here Jerry... I'm not sure how old Jerry was. Jerry in his younger years had been an extra in movies many of them with John Wayne, his Father had been President of Mexico when he was a boy. Isabelle was a veteran who spent twenty years in the Air Force and many more as a housewife, a mother, grandmother great grandmother. At this point in her life at 90 years of age she was her Husbands caregiver and they had help from a gal who showed up everyday: Ricarda. My favorite memories of Isabelle had to do with one of my favorite things, food. During the Holidays she always cooked no matter what, Tamales, Turkey all the trimmings. Me and Belinda, the Black Sheep's of our own families, were always invited. During cooking breaks Isabelle would come out back and Belinda would give her an ice-cold Coors 12 ouncer, I'd always give her a 24. We would all contribute food for our celebrations and around Fiesta there was always another turkey in the freezer. Every Summer around the time of Fiesta right out of the blue Isabelle and Ricarda would cook the Summer Turkey with all the trimmings. So while everyone's out there celebrating and having a good time I'm content right here with the memories of my loved ones and hope that someday we will all be together again...Enjoy Your Viva La Fiesta! Here are Your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 415pc Female transient yelling at students at Core Power Yoga Chapala street side 1100 Block of Chapala.
- Premises check 1700 Villa Ave
- Vehicle Accident Storke at Hollister
- 1100 Block of Indio Muerto juvenile refusing to go to probation to get his monitoring device installed on his ankle.
- Possible Smoke check a half mile from Fairview on the Southbound side white smoke showing
- Male Under the influence in the 500 Block of Mountain Avenue
- Highway 101 Northbound at Patterson subject seen dragging a BBQ pit through the trees along side the freeway, illegal burn
- Trespasser in a garage ongoing problem male wearing a backpack on Burton Circle 100 Block near the beach
- A female asked a stranger to cash a check for her at Marshalls, the stranger the reporting party called police maybe they will cash the check for her
- Premises check Silly Hall.-Suspicious subject at reporting parties back door 100 Block of Bodega Lane HMA 60ish wearing boots.
- Public Pooping investigation 700 Block of East Montecito Pooper is still on the property.
- Purse Thief 1000 Block of State street suspect HMA in his 30's long sleeve blue shirt logo on left side.
- Subject with warrants traffic stop 340 West Carrillo.
- Code 40, Drunk in the 100 Block of East Cota.
- 415pc Domestic Lazy Acres 302 Meigs Road Asian female walking away carrying a pink suitcase coward last seen driving East
- Suspicious male holding up a drunk female Santa Barbara at De La Guerra streets trying to carry her.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run Rancheria at Montecito streets.-
- Assault victim 242pc Anacapa at Cota victim down in the bushes
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Ill subject 300 Block of DLG
- Missing at Risk subject missing overnight till Thursday Morning till he was found at Haley and Milpas streets so from the West Side to the East Side.
- Wanted subject at MTD, Police officers had eyes on him before they got him. I am going to MTD next week I'm glad I'm not wanted by anyone.
- Premises check Alice Keck Memorial Gardens.
- 600 Block of Ricardo Ave 459 Audible burglary alarm.
- Four subjects pulled another subject out of his vehicle out at the airport and kicked him a little. Not enough to make him want to press charges though. Have no idea what it was about.
- House Fire in Lompoc 600 Block of North M Street.
- Subject disturbing inside the EDD Building 130 East Ortega.
- 415 Domestic 700 Block of East Haley.
- Bag of sheets and towels if anyone needs them Southbound 101 North of Milpas last I heard they were on the side of the freeway in that area.
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park
- Leaf Blower 200 North Soledad.
- 459 Burglary report and Sexual Battery in the Lobby SBPD.
- Fall victim Montecito at Nopal.
- Reporting party is concerned that transients are growing marijuana did not hear where
- Home Robbery of a bong 200 Block of Ladera Apartment manager hurt trying to stop the crime.
- Premises check Skaters Point 100 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Suspicious circumstances possible child trafficking report involving patient at Cottage Hospital.
- Premises check Led Better Beach.
- 415 Over a non injury accident Olive and Haley streets.
- Med call for an ill female Plaza Del Mar.
Will I am tired had to go shopping today went on the bus it was very pleasant the drivers were really nice even though I got too much stuff at the store..Have a wonderful weekend and a grand Fiesta Viva La Fiesta from my heart to yours.....Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads, One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Jim, Diana, Rambo, Sherry, Ross, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Mrs MacArthur, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Bengie, Ricky, Willie, Mark, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBIE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee on you MONday-MONday. Later, Roger
Aug 05, 2019 09:50 AM
I may sound like an old f*rt, but I miss the old days at El Mercado Del Norte when it was really mellow; no carival rides, the Floyd County Boys played and you could walk around with your beer and not just stand in a fenced off "garden" (cage) to drink.
Aug 03, 2019 11:20 AM
Love the phrase ‘from my heart to yours’
Aug 03, 2019 07:56 PM
I almost said the other word that rhymes with heart.
Aug 03, 2019 09:39 AM
I took friends just moving here from Illinois to the parade yesterday. We dressed the little girls, 5 & 7, in costumes, they were thrilled. The best part is their Daddy trains polo horses and has always worked with thoroughbreds so seeing all the different breeds was especially interesting. The Andalusians were outstanding, amazingly beautiful, talented horses. I ran into a lot of my "horse friends". I was thrilled to meet up with the best horse trainer I've ever known, Ramon Beccerra , a true horse whisperer who can train a horse to do things most horses wouldn't even consider. I hadn't seen Ramon in about 25 years. Then we ate the fabulous food at Guadalupe Church. Viva la Fiesta!
Aug 02, 2019 11:26 AM
Thank you, Roger.