Scanner Reports 8-19-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy,
I was reading about a weird death over the weekend, out in North Carolina where this guy was taking down Christmas tree lights on a stairway. He was found at the bottom of the stairs wrapped in Christmas tree lights, a blanket over him, pillows all around him, blood underneath him, blood all over the stairs. His cat was found in the bathroom all bloody also. His son came home, found him at the bottom of the stairs and put the blanket and pillows there for him. After finding the cat dead and bloody in the bathroom, the son wrapped the cat in plastic and put him in the freezer. The death was ruled accidental due to a stroke and the cat died when the stroke victim fell on top of him at the bottom of the stairs. It reminds me of this story my Mom and her Boyfriend told me.
They were driving through Tennessee. They had car trouble in the middle of nowhere. They walked to a small town that had a gas station and garage. The owner went out and towed their car into town. He told them it might be a day or two and directed them to a rooming house to stay at. Before they left they noticed a group of men in the garage taking things from a truck. They were saying things like "I'm taking this; that's mine now." One guy took a rifle out of the back window, others were stripping the truck, one guy took the stereo and some 8-track tapes... They thought it was kinda strange but went out, got some food, and then went on to their rented room for the night. The next morning the boyfriend got up early and went out for a cup of coffee. He found out the vehicle was fixed. Waiting for Mom to get ready, he got his coffee then went across the road to the town square and sat on a bench. There was a guy on the other side of the bench but he hadn't paid much attention to him. He took a sip of his coffee, then said, "Nice little town you got here." The guy didn't say anything back. He thought it odd but this was one of those Back Woods Mayberry type towns, and sometimes people are like that in small towns. He just sat there drinking his coffee. When he was done, he said, "Well nice talking to you." Then he turned and looked at the guy as he was getting up. The guy was dead. He'd been all shot up. The boyfriend went over, got my Mom and they hightailed their asses the Hell outta there. That was sometime back in the 70's. Some of those small towns have their own sets of laws. Kinda strange but the one just reminded me of the other.
I would not mind finding a small town like Mayberry somewhere, someday, but in places like that people are set in their ways and you're an outsider. Their laws are not the same as ours even though they are supposed to be. I hitchhiked through towns like that when I was younger. They scared the hell outta me. It's a good thing I could run back then.
One time I got dumped in this small town that had one of those all-night truck stops. That was all that was there on the side of the road on route 30 in central Indiana. It was Winter time and a little below zero. I had a dollar on me and decided to get me a hot cocoa with whip cream. Back then the Hot Cocoa and whip cream was real and a large cup was 25 Cents. I ordered, paid and went into the bathroom. I cleaned up a bit, came out, got my Cocoa and was headed for the door. The truck stop was a big place but the only trucks I noticed were pickup trucks. It was really early, still dark, like 3am maybe, and there were 18-Wheelers in the back. I did not think about it much. I got a look at some of the customers walking out. They were mostly young men and women. All the young men had short hair. I had long hair and a pack on my back. Their girlfriends were smiling at me. I realized it was not a good situation. As I went out the door, I sipped my Cocoa quick and sped up my pace a bit. I noticed some of the young men heading for their trucks. I crossed over route 30 quite easily and started jogging up the road. It took them a while to get to the other side of the road in their trucks and by the time they did I had found a small bridge, climbed down and crossed back over. Then I went back a bit and buried myself in the snow. They all drove passed that bridge and continued on. I did not think they would get out of their trucks and look for me. Perhaps they only wanted to scare me. It worked but not long after I hitchhiked through there again and many times after... Here are your Scanner Reports:
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- 5:30am Enroute Sobering Center with one.
- Premises check Chase Palm Park Extention.
- Snake at the Front Door 2900 Block of Madera Drive.
- Naked man from Nipomo in the 900 Block of State street, caught in the 600 Block where he left his vehicle. Kinda sounds like a Western huh? "Naked man from Nipomo."
- Drunk in front of the Hilton Yelling 633 East Cabrillo.
- Petty Theft 200 Block of State street.
- Premises check Skaters Point.
- Alemada West premises check.
- Check the Welfare of a subject slumped over at the Bus stop Pueblo at State street.
- 1000 Block of State street subject trespassing.
- Suspicious circumstances involving a 242pc Assault Cottage Hospital.
- Subject sitting in the middle of the bike path Cabrillo at Los Patos.
- 415 Woman with a blanket yelling in the Mobil Station 402 West Mission.
- 415pc Transient told a passer by he was going to cut off his head with a chain saw, no chain saw seen 3000 Block of DLV.
- White Ford van refusing to leave Taco Bell 1840 Cliff Drive.
- 415 Neighbors arguing over one of them leaving their dog in a car 1000 Block of Bath street.
- 415 400 Block of Voluntario 50 Year old woman throwing things and threatening to kill her mother, I hate elder abusers.
- Report of a small grey dog running around Grove Lane, Ontare, and San Remo.
- Drinkers on the 900 Block of Quinientos.
- Burglary to a school storage building in the 2300 Block of Garden street.
- Theft investigation 3300 Block of Richland Drive.
- Smoker 800 Block of State street.
- Faulding Hotel Assist visiting nurses give medication to a drunk patient.
- Med call hip pain 1700 Block of San Pasqual.
- Unconscious subject under a truck 200 Block of Bath street.
- Oversized vehicle parked on East Mason RV missing front tire towed away.
- Drunk Driver in a black VW Beetle pulled over in the Marina one parking lot it really sucks going to jail on FRYday night.
- East Cabrillo at Anacapa non injury accident very intoxicated driver.
- 415pc Subject staring at employees on going problem Figueroa Mountain Brewing.
- Subject refusing to leave the Mecca 512 North Milpas street.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Fall victim 1900 Elise Way.
- Illegal Burn 4700 Block of Viaha Drive in the back.
- Drunk male wearing a blue dress in the 1700 Block of Gillispe.
- Check the Welfare of someone not seen in a while in the 2400 Block of Stanwood.
- Premises check McKinley School.
- 459pc Burglary to a residence 300 Block of West Cota.
- Reckless Range Rover Northbound on Santa Barbara street running stop signs from Micheltorena street.
- Premises check Adams School.
- UI or 5150 Subject yelling at Passerbys in the 2600 Block of State street.
- Non injury hit and run investigation in the Lobby.
- 415 Domestic Heard only 100 Block of Los Aquaries.
- Drunk refusing to leave Carls Junior 7 South Milpas.
- Check the Welfare of a resident in the 400 Block of Bath.
- Med call Reddick at Milpas streets.
- Hand injury 400 Block of State street med call.
- Theft investigation a Slurpee was stolen from 7-11 in the 3400 Block of State street.
- Loud Potty 3800 Block of Lucinda Lane.
- Non injury hit and run investigation 400 Block of East Anapamu.
- Parks Employees shutting off electric at Oak Park requested PD for back up as people who reserved spaces in the park were angry.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Unresponsive female 300 Block of APS Med call.
- Loud Music 200 Block of Cedar Lane.
- Premises check East Side Park.
- 459pc Audible alarm 500 Block of West Victoria.
- 400 Block of East Islay stolen vehicle investigation.
- Traffic Control highway 101 Northbound Garden Off Ramp did not hear what for.
- Suspicious vehicle 2500 Block of Bath street.
- Vandalism 3400 Block of Richland.
- Drunk driver runnin from the CHP- 101 Southbound from Refugio for a bit then pulled over gave up.
- Encampment fire South Oxnard Blvd at Rice in Ventura County.
- Several males in a vacant residence with a big white moving company van parked out front suspicious 3000 Block of Foothill Road.
- Trespasser in a back yard 100 Block of West Cota HMA in his 20's got a way.
- Fall victim Casa Dorinda 300 Block of Hot Springs Road.
- Vehicle rollover highway 101 at 154 unknown if injury.
- SBPD Officer on a subject Valerio at San Andreas.
- Park One Premises check Chase Palm Park Extention out with one at the Duck pond.
- Disabled vehicle Bath street at Arrellega out of gas call for tow truck.
- Med call First Block of North Soledad Fall victim.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Room Mate theft suspect 200 Block of Argon Circle left in a dark grey Honda.
Well that is all outta me for now... So tired I had to go up to Cottage yesterday and get checked out. I took the bus, which was great except as I was leaving the Bus 3 from Cottage had just left so instead of waiting an hour I walked to the bus station. I should not have done that. I should have waited. I'm so tired today, been falling asleep all day. At least I was able to get a chicken and some Liver for me and the Kitty Dog, ZZZZZzzzzz. Have a great MONday-MONday Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Ross, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Eddie, Bambi, Mark, Willie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Mrs. MacArthur, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger