Scanner Reports 8-16-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
The story about the guy trying to kidnap the child in the grocery store in Buellton on the 7th of this month is not only creepy, but the man is a well-known resident of the area. It doesn't happen much, child kidnapping, but if you have children you cannot take a chance you have to watch them like a hawk. What was that man thinking? What was he going to do with that child? Has he done this sort of thing before? Maybe....Who knows? With his action as smooth and quick as it was, maybe he has. Hopefully, the police will figure it all out. Hopefully he will never have a chance to do it again.
About 23 or so years ago when I was working in the area of Mission and State and there was an attempted kidnapping of a young girl in the 300 Block of West Mission. A man around 30 tried to lure the girl down an alley across the street with him. I remember how creepy it was at work, how we all felt that it happened so close by. Those of us who worked in the area. The description was a heavy set white male adult with blond hair around 30. I remember there was a guy that hung out at Garretts with the rest of us that matched that description and he lived in the 300 Block of West Pedregosa.
One morning while having coffee I sat down next to him and told him "Ya know the description of this guy matches you to a T. If I were you I'd talk to the police ya know clear yourself cause you live in the area. I'm sure they are going to talk to you sooner or later." There were some police officers sitting behind us and when I got up they had the weirdest looks on their faces because as it turned out the guy who I was telling to call the police and clear his name was the weirdo who tried to kidnap the little girl and I had no friggen idea. I was totally shocked when the guy left Garretts he was followed by the cops from the next table and at his job he was taken into custody for attempt kidnapping. I'm not sure how much time he got for it but it wasn't as much time as he should have got. He might be out by now paroled who knows where? Most likely here as this is where it happened and I believe it is also his home town. Anyway, I think he was drunk when he tried to kidnap that little girl not that it makes a difference because it was a horrible thing that he did. Those of us that worked nearby and had our breakfast and Lunch at Garretts were creeped out for along time. WATCH YOUR CHILDREN .Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 600 Block of North Voluntario theft investigation.
- 415 Domestic violent male yelling that he is going to kill the female banging throwing things around 200 Block of West Victoria.
- Reckless driver in a white Toyota Truck came off highway 101 to Mission street 80mph vehicle registered out of Lompoc.
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
- 211 Attempt female reporting at the station occurred in front of the courthouse male known to her took her purse possibly 242ed her also, assaulted her.
- 5150 On hold at Cottage escaped briefly police caught up to him near the 101 Freeway and returned him to Cottage.
- Check the Welfare of the woman with her kids panhandling at Whole Foods in the 3700 Block of State street.
- Female possibly casing area San Rafael at Cliff Drive HFA Flannel shirt and jeans last seen South on San Rafael.
- Vegetation Fire 4700 Block of Sweeney Road in Lompoc.
- 415 Subject walking on Las Positas towards Adams School yelling and tried to 242 Assault passer by SBPD caught up to him took him in I believe after wrapping him up.
- Man with a gun near or at the Bridge House highway 246 at Sweeney Road short standoff gave up taken into custody.
- Suspicious subjects 4 males requesting money for drugs 601 State street.
- Missing child report in the lobby near records SBPD 215 East Figueroa.
- Van one in Vera Cruz Park requesting a cover unit.
- Traffic Hazard 2000 Block of Los Canolas tree branch in the roadway.
- 459 Audible alarm 2700 Block of Questa Road.
- Subjects drinking alcohol in vehicles on Loma Media Road.
- 459 Audible Alarm Grannys Garage 700 Block of Nopolitos.
- Threats investigation Lobby SBPD.
- Med call with police response in front of 816 Cacique male who bit his tongue was yelling Engine 2, and SBPD response
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Suicidal subject Motel 6 443 Corona Del Mar, calling in for himself
- Traffic Accident unknown if injury Carpinteria Ave at Regina unknown if injury
- 459 Audible alarm First Block of East Cota
- At the church in the 1500 Block of State street 415 Woman screaming inside at the altar
- Report of a person unable to care for themself in the Faulding Hotel one of the rooms a resident.
- Fire Alarms no fire at the SB County Bowl.
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
- Group of drinkers on the other side of a fence disturbing in the 500 Block of North Nopal
- Non injury accident 2200 Block of Calle Culebra.
- Brush Fire in the center divider Highway 101 Northbound at the 135 in Los Alamos
- 415 Resident threatening a construction worker kicking his truck and threatening to beat him with a baseball bat, no weapon seen in the 1200 Block of West Micheltorena. more to be revealed later.
- Disturbing skateboarding juveniles 100 Block of Garden street.
- Premises check Stevens Park.
- First Block of East Ortega SBPD on a subject with warrants and Off to Jail!
- Unknown if injury highway 101 Southbound at Hot Springs Road traffic accident Ford vs BMW.
- 20002PC Non injury hit and run San Ysidro at 192 vehicle made an illegal u-turn and hit a parked vehicle.
- Medical Call 600 Block of East Micheltorena.
Will that is all outta me for now the Stand Off in the 1200 Block of Micheltorena is the only thing going down right now and this is a Full Moon..Anyway Have a great Weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!,Maxwell, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Ricky, Bengie, Mark, Willie, Mrs. MacArthur, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger