Scanner Reports 8-14-17
I got ants, ants, everywhere. They are all over the place. I bought 3 packages of Temptations for Joey, opened two, but had the tops on. Little bass turds got in there - 14.00 Bucks down the drain. I got cat food in sealed bags hanging on the coat rack. I have never seen so many friggen ants in one season. It's a good thing they ain't those fire ants that bite the crap outta you, just the little ones that eat everything in sight that doesn't move. Most of my groceries are in the fridge and freezer. If they go in there, they are on their own. There has always been ants around, but never this many. I have to put Joeys grub on the bed now. They haven't figured that out yet. When they do, everything's going into the washing machine. I can't take it anymore. Maybe I'd save on food if I started eating the little bass turds. Of course knowing what they eat, forget that.
I remember about 10 years ago, some naked guy passed away up near the freeway. They were all over him, that's what I heard anyway. I saw em on a mouse the other day, though Joey likes eating mice. Maybe they ain't so bad. The way things are going we might all be eating mice pretty soon. Survival food: mice and ants in the crock pot. See those hot wings, aka rat meat news item that has been going around social media? Reminds me of when I was in the Navy for three weeks and one day, till I snapped. One day there was a whole bunch of seagulls out on the grinder. Next day they were all gone. Dinner was chicken but it tasted nothing like chicken. Kinda makes ya wonder huh? Will if you can't handle eating mice, there is always seagulls.
Here is your scanner reports, FRYday:
- Non injury vehicle accident, car vs the Chumash bus, Highway 101 southbound at Hwy 246.
- Ill subject, 617 Garden Street, outside medical.
- Subject possibly selling stolen items, 400 block of East Montecito.
- A SBPD Officer found clothing on the beach that someone took off before going for a swim. I guess they did not go back for their clothing. I hope they are all right. Apparently, Harbor Patrol knew about it. Maybe they picked the person up?
- Unresponsive male in a residence in downtown Santa Barbara, dead. Rest in Peace.
- Medical for head pain at Sansum Clinic on "H" Street.
- Dine and Dash, restaurant of the Harbor View Inn.
- Grey scooter ripped off at the main Post Office in the 800 block of Anacapa.
- Some guy in the 300 block of West Carrillo called 911 and said he is sick and tired of living.
- Death reported in the 300 block of West Mission, but the guy was only sleeping.
- Domestic violence. Jackass hit his girlfriend, in the 1900 Block of Castillo.
- Subject took down a No Parking sign in the 400 block of West Valerio.
- Subject disturbing at Amtrak, 209 State Street.
- Medical call for an overdose in the 5900 block of Mandarin.
- Drunk driver, Cliff and Meigs, white Honda CRV.
- Two people sitting near or on the railroad tracks in chairs, 200 yards west of Garden Street.
- Subject breaking up the PHF unit (psych unit) in the 300 block of Camino Del Remedio until the Sheriff responded, then he gave up.
- Domestic, 2300 block of Cliff Drive, ex-boyfriend refusing to leave.
- Dine and dash, 500 Block of State Street.
- 200 block of West Yanonali, coward pushes female to the ground and escapes on bicycle before police respond.
- Loud music coming from Up Town Lounge in the 3100 block of State Street.
- Suspicious subjects running around on the campus of SBHS, a white male and a Hispanic male, thought to be up to no good.
- Weird call. Reporting party stated that he was stabbed then dragged by a vehicle in the parking lot of the Alamar Inn, then something about a guy showing up at a wedding party and shooting a bunch of party goes dead in a swimming pool. Most of it was not true, the shooting and the stabbing, but he had injuries abrasions on his body he might have been dragged. This call got me outta bed.
- Then I heard there was some guy chasing people with a baseball bat at San Andres and Carrillo. He parked a grey sedan in the 900 block of San Andres, got out with the bat and away he went. He was gone, but his car was still there.
Scanner Roni Reports, Saturday:
- Medical call for back pain 200 South Milpas.
- Ill subject at the Bacara, 8300 block of Hollister.
- Domestic with things being thrown furniture breaking, male yelling suicidal statements, 500 block of Hot Springs.
- Seizures behind Saks, 1001 State Street.
- Two bicycle boys in Spandex in their 40's vandalized a vehicle mirror at Constance and State Street.
- At the Chevron, 1085 Coast Village Road, a female in a blue Toyota Camry was beating a 2 year old child in the back seat of the vehicle. Witnesses blocked her in so she could not get away, SBPD responded. I don't know what happened after that but I hope she went to jail. The vehicle was registered to a Lompoc address.
- Unwanted subject police thought was wanted, near Jacks Bagels 53 South Milpas. I think they stopped him anyway to question him in a recent incident he was involved in possibly on the southbound Milpas onramp.
- Garden Court fire alarms went haywire, then the water flow alarm went off, flooding the place. Engines One and Seven were on scene for cleanup. Service Master also responded.
- Injury traffic accident Garden at Sola.
- Check the welfare of a woman with 2 children panhandling in the 3000 block of DLV.
- Check the welfare of a 10 year old girl in a silver Honda in the parking lot of the 99 Cent Store in the 400 block of State Street.
- Assault, Cottage ER. See the reporting party at the nurses’ station.
- Fall victim, Harbor parking lot, head injury.
- Reckless driving, red BMW, 400 clock of Canon Drive, southbound.
- Rock fight. Idiots throwing rocks at reporting party behind Denny's in the 3600 block of State Street.
- Vegetation fire on Westerly Drive in Santa Ynez.
- Somewhere on the Tunnel Trail hurt hiker with a hip injury. They found him but I never heard the exact location.
- Subject brandished a knife in the area of Haley and Milpas. HMA, drunk. Don't know if SBPD ever caught up with him.
- Premises check, 900 block of East Haley.
- Transients disturbed in City lot 11.
- Medical call, rear of the County Jail.
- Possible domestic violence suspect in Cantwell’s Market, 1533 State Street. That was a little of what I heard before the dung hit the fan. It sounded like he was resisting a little bit after that. First the police requested the wrap, then medics. Not really sure what was going on sounded like the World Wrestling Foundation Saturday Night Tournament of Roses or something. Better him than me.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Subject refusing to leave CVS pharmacy 336 North Milpas, making lewd comments and gestures.
- Injury traffic accident Cacique and Voluntario Nissan vs white van.
- 3900 block of Silverleaf Drive, medical call, difficulty breathing.
- Runaway at-risk female 16 years old, Ariana, 5'5 117 pounds, brown hair, green highlights, carrying a long board skateboard, last seen getting into a white Chevy 4x4 pickup with an adult male. The kid’s on medication, possibly suicidal and at trafficking risk.
- Attempted shoplifting at 7-11 331 West Montecito Street, WMA 50's wearing a Hawaiian shirt and tan pants heading north on Castillo, riding a bicycle.
- Check the welfare of a male passed out in a black Lexus near the laundry mat, 1500 San Andres.
- Medical emergency, unknown type, Highway 101 at Gaviota Beach.
- Dumpster fire, 80 Zaca Street in Buellton.
- Illegal Burn or smoke check, 3500 block of Sagunto Street in Santa Ynez.
- Check the welfare of someone who did not show up for work, in the first block of West Victoria. I never heard if anything was wrong.
- Medical call at El Cap State Beach.
- Check the welfare of a female wrapped in a blanket at Tallant and Alamar.
- Suspicious circumstances, woman heard screaming, "Get off of me!" coming from a blue Suburban parked near the Cabrillo ballfield.
- Medical call unknown type in the 7400 block of Hollister.
- Check the welfare of a subject in the 300 block of West Mission who thought he was having seizures.
- Thirty year old male suffered a heat stroke at the SBCC track. Those things really suck and they are preventable. Drink plenty of water. I tell others and always forget to myself.
- Subject with open container in front of Costco.
Well that is all outta me for now. Have a great Monday. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Carl, Kent, Stan, Brad, Billy, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Magruder, Cory, Edwin, Jim, Diana, Don, Marty, Cop John, ELMO, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on Wednesday. Later, Roger
Aug 14, 2017 10:02 AM
Cats eat insects. And ants don't carry human diseases. It's gross but food is still edible after you knock off the ants.
Aug 14, 2017 12:57 PM
Orange Guard is an organic insecticide that works on ants. It can even be used in a kitchen. I have been using it for years. Try Smart and Final to see if they have it. If not, it is available at yard stores or online.
Aug 14, 2017 02:17 PM
Thanks...These ants are driving me nuts...Kitty don't like eating antys..
Aug 15, 2017 09:41 AM
Roger, We have had the ants but not right now. However, our daughter has such a bad ant problem she has to feed her kittens several times a day by putting the food down for 5 min. They gobble it up and the dishes are cleaned. I find 1 or 2 in odd places like my car seat or the bathroom sink. They send scouts looking for food, they return to the home base with directions. Kill the scouts!
Aug 15, 2017 10:02 AM
I don't like killing anything but there has been a few accidents...Hopefully they cannot read and figure out the cat food is on the shhhhhhhh bed...I have been doing that with the wet food just feeding a few minutes then cleaning it up.
Aug 15, 2017 10:31 AM
Baking soda kills ants. Make a line they can't cross.