Scanner Reports 8-12-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Once upon a time long, long ago when I first moved here a woman lived next door on Old Jim Thatan's property in a teeny tiny little trailer, which is still there tucked into a corner. I say tiny because it is 6x7 feet or so, with her newborn baby, her boyfriend, their Rottweiler, and a small white cat named Pooh Bear, he looked like Pooh Bear too. There was no bathroom in the trailer or kitchen, or bed for that matter just a plywood floor. The woman was hiding from the law, and CWS (child welfare services). Her boyfriend was wanted by someone, not me I did not want him, he pulled a gun on me once because I did not approve of his slapping her.
Anyway one day they went to the beach taking the dog with them and somehow the poor dog got hit by the train right there at Milpas, poor thing was all over the place the whole neighborhood was bummed over it. It wasn't too long after that things were getting too hot and the gal, her punk ass bitch boyfriend, and her baby beat feet out of town. She asked me to take care of Pooh Bear, till she got back. He won't cost nothing he's just a little cat, she added. I said I would as he already spent more time over here with my Angel Baby they were pretty much inseparable. I was thinking I might have to steal him anyway wasn't gonna let her take that poor cat on the road. He was a wild little SOB, so was Angel they went all over the neighborhood. One of his favorite past times was hunting on the side of the 101 Freeway before they put in the 3rd lane there was a hillside there which went right up to the freeway. I was always worried about him. Didn't see him for hours one day went looking for him a homeless guy found him behind the property after he said he saw him run up on the freeway get rolled up by a vehicle and thrown 30 feet or so, He had a shattered leg. C.J. one of my girlfriends came over picked him up took him to a vet the price was 5,000 thousand dollars to try and repair the leg about 1,400.00 to cut it off. A lot of people donated and Pooh Bear lost a leg. As he was healing up I had him in a cage in my studio, he was kinda pissed off when he woke up minus a leg he let me know about it as one day he clawed me right above my eye making it bleed some. I thought he ripped my eyeball out and went ape shit running all over the place my eye shut. I was running into things and falling down screaming thinking that cat had my eyeball in his claw! I was still drinking then that day was no exception.
Kitty hated me a long time for having his leg cut off as he was no longer a whole kitty but 3 weeks after the loss of his leg he was out of the cage learning how to live without it. He was just as fast as he was before, could still climb trees, got up on the garage roof and did a running jump off, he and Angel Baby resumed their adventures side by side all over the neighborhood and a couple over. I was always worried sick for my cats but Angel came from the streets she knew how to hunt and she took care of her little Pooh Bear like he was her own. She actually took care of all of us. I hope I don't lose my leg someday, but if I do I'll just think of my Pooh Bear and how he got along without his leg he's my little Hero lived 16 years after that I think he was 17 and a half years old when he died. Lived many more than 9 lives he was a brave little guy. I hope I see my little family again someday. Anyway Here's your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Campers under the Anapamu Foot Bridge, West Side.
- Old Fart in his 60's throwing patio furniture talking to himself 1525 State street West Coast Financial, I don't think it was his furniture to throw.
- 459 Audible alarm First North Calle Caesar Chavez.
- Burglary to a vehicle 300 Block of East Micheltorena.
- 415pc Domestic 700 Block of West Micheltorena, possible 243 e1pc.
- Female transient yelling 415pc 21 East Sola near Our Lady of Sorrows Church.
- 415pc Domestic 1500 Block of Chino
- Report of Structure Fire in the 1300 Block of Ojai Avenue Ventura County.
- 2700 Block of Thompson Blvd. Ventura County Medical Emergency at the Vons with police response.
- Stolen vehicle from Bakersfield recovered in the 300 Block of East Victoria.
- Van One on Footsie patrol 1700 Block of State street.
- Check the Welfare of a 6 year old daughter involved in a custody exchange 300 Block of South Voluntario.
- 415 Fight 2 Males near the Castillo Underpass.
- Fall victim 1000 Block of North Nopal.
- On a group of subjects 800 Block of Cacique.
- Female passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle in CVS parking lot 336 North Milpas street.
- Suspicious Circumstances Dwight Murphy Park.
- Electrocution 900 Block of Rinaldo, Ventura County.
- Theft investigation 76 Station 200 South Milpas.
- Park 2 on a Premises check at Oak Park.
- An unconscious subject on the bus Turnpike and Hollister, bus 46 in front of a shoe store.
- 415pc Transient trespassing refusing to leave McDonalds 1213 State street.
- 415pc Between a resident and a live band resident spraying water on the band First Block of East Anapamu.
- 415pc Transient refusing to leave the Rescue Mission 535 East Yanonali talking about slicing someone no knife seen.
- Motorcyclist down on PCH just North of Deer Creek Road, Ventura County.
- Full response for a possible Structure Fire in the area 1000 Block of Santa Paula Ventura County.
- Check the welfare of a male not heard from in a while living in the 400 Block of East DLG.
- 2002 Non injury hit and run 300 Block of Meigs on the Mesa.
- Lewd Conduct 600 Block of East Cabrillo male on the beach.
- Male threatening someone at the Library Mission Security trying to get the subject to leave subject now at Parking lot 7, 1100 Block of Anacapa nextdoor.
- Suspicious Circumstances at the Villa Santa Barbara 227 East Anapamu.
- 1200 Block of Ventura Avenue, Ventura Assault.
- Pedestrian Shake 216 South Milpas.
- Traffic Accident Highway 101 Northbound at Hermosillo between an SUV and Gardening truck.
- DUI Toyota Camry spotted 2700 Block of Los Positas pulled over on Foothill, DUI.
- 415pc 400 Block of DLG over a parking spot.
- Assault, and Drunk Driving 600 Block of Fellowship on the Mesa.
- Med Call 200 Block of South Milpas.
- Shoplifter at Macys 3805 State street.
- Vegetation Fire behind Chumash Gas on Highway 246.
- Stabbing Ventura Road at Wagon Wheel, in Ventura.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Game Warden stopped a transient requesting SBPD Milpas at Reddick street.
- Med call Rescue Mission.
- Vehicle into a building 1500 Block of Pine Street.
- Premises check 800-900 Blocks of East Cabrillo on the beach.
- Check the welfare of a female 2700 Block of Mesa School Lane possibly in Douglas Family Preserve.
- 415pc Landlord-Tenant 600 Block of West DLG.
- 459 Audible alarm 1300 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- 400 Block of East Cota 5150 Female trying to hurt a gardener with a pair of scissors.
- Tan Jag into a light pole State street at Ontare
- ID Theft with suspect information 600 Block of West Cannon Perdido.
- On a subject Vera Cruz Park.
- Woman heard screaming from a house with loud music playing 300 Block of West Micheltorena.
- Premises check Garden Offramp at Highway 101 Southbound.
- 415pc Domestic and 23152 Drunk Driving 300 Block of Vista De La Cumbre.
- New Life Christian Center on Ventura Ave, in Ventura 242pc Assault cause were gonna beat your old life outta you.
- Possible child abuse 1200 Block of CVR Male in his 50's, Female child 13 years old.
- 415pc Fight Brewing 2 Transients Library 40 East Anapamu security trying to escort them out of the Library.
- Non injury traffic accident in front of the ER on Pueblo.
- 700 Block of Cacique Audible Alarm possibly coming from Marborg.
- Premises check SBHS.
- 2 Brothers fighting 1000 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Franklin School 1100 Block of East Montecito Premises check.
- Subject down Med Call 300 Block of West Carrillo
- Ocean Rescue 3300 Block of PCH Ventura County.
- Premises check Monroe School.
- Domestic Violence investigation at the SBPD.
- Premises check McKinley School.
- Possible Electrocution 1100 Block of Las Olas on the Mesa.
- Loud Potty 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
- Smoke investigation in the Riverbed Ventura Road, at Wagon Wheel Road, Ventura white smoke seen.
- Loud Music 200 Block of South Alisos.
- 415pc Domestic on a boat in the Anchorage to the East of Stearns Wharf head injury one arrest.
- Unknown type of investigation at the Carpinteria Bluffs 5900 Block of Carpinteria Ave.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Premises check Cleveland School 123 APS.
- 415 Domestic apartment in an apartment building in the 300 Block West Anapamu male would not let female leave she called 911 and he left, after he left she would not cooperate with police, sounds like she just wanted the police to get rid of the guy. SBPD responded knocked on the apartment door no answer in fact they knocked on all the doors no answer...If your going to call the police because you need them at least answer the door and talk to them don't assume they are going to be there every time you call if you don't answer the door. You might really need them one of these days and the call might not be taken as serious
- Vehicle rollover highway 101 Southbound South of Santa Claus Lane.
- SBPD transporting a female to the Sober Center.
- Premises check Franklin School 1100 Block of East Montecito.
- Subject with a warrant 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
- 415pc Loud Noise 400 Block of Castillo Premises check McKenzie Park.
- 200 Block of Alamos city tree on a vehicle.
- Found open door on a residence For Sale in the 300 Block of West Ortega.
- Oak tree on top of an RV 100 Block of North Arnez street.
- Overdose 200 Block of Telegraph Road in Ventura.
- 415pc Transient disturbing 800 Block of Reddick street.
- Check the Welfare of a male yelling to himself at Smart and Final in the 3900 Block of State street.
- On a subject 1200 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- Found child 100 Block of South Alisos street.
- Male passed out in a black Chevy Tahoe med call Voluntario at Carpinteria.
- Premises check SBHS 700 Block of East Anapamu.
- Med Call Seizures at 624 State street.
- 242pc Assault Cottage ER call in for further details.
- 200 Block of Anacapa subject down.
- Highway 246 at Highway 154 male laying in the roadway med call.
- 100 Block of Gemini loose aggressive K-9.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a lovely MONday-MONday....Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry,Lafayette, Ted, Mavis, Pat, Mrs. MacArthur, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Bengie, Ricky, Bambi, Eddie, Mark, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBIE THE HOBO, KFC, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger
Aug 13, 2019 12:08 PM
Whew. Busy weekend. Thank you, Roger, for staying vigilant and keeping us informed.
Aug 12, 2019 06:44 PM
Thank You for the comments..:)
Aug 12, 2019 12:11 PM
I like your Pooh Bear and Angel Baby story. I'm linking the S.B. Police Lip Syn Video, in hopes that your readers will have similar compassion for those in many communities who are troubled right now. Readers could send this link to friends and family around the country: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QUBQo12nH0
Aug 12, 2019 09:40 AM
Roger, You have a very kind heart for animals. Lucky for Pooh Bear he got a home with you.