Scanner Reports 8-1-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I was in Rite Aide the otter day, I love Rite Aide, anyway the candy bars were on sale. 77 Cents each and they have a huge selection of candy bars. I love candy bars, they way they are wrapped in little packages, all different colors. I think I have eaten just about every candy bar there is through the years. When I was a kid my parents put me in Summer Camp at the Catholic High School in East Chicago, Indiana it was called Bishop Noll. I loved Summer camp, we did all kinds of physical activities. Track, Basketball, Football, Soccer in the late afternoon, after running all day the Camp counselors always broke out the frozen candy bars, I love frozen candy bars. I cannot eat them anymore but I remember and I can dream, one of my favorite dreams is of frozen candy bars, back then they were a nickel, some of you might remember I'm not going to mention any names. Sometimes I still buy those candy bars and stick em in my freezer just to look at them and dream. Give them to the neighbor's kids.
Now that I'm on that topic of self-torture. We used to have a bakery in the old Hood called Superior and they were. 7 Cent Brownies with frosting on top, Creme Horns, Chocolate Eclairs, Strawberry Tarts, Apple Strudel, Apple cakes, nothing over a quarter unless you wanted a whole pie, or a cake. Then we're talking a couple bucks and back then the ingredients were real for the most part. Next to the Bakery was Gils Barber Shop where I got my hair cut, and enjoyed an ice-cold soda for a dime from the pop machine: Strawberry, Orange, Green River, Red River, Chocolate soda, Dads Root Beer. If dad took me I got a crew cut, when mom took me it was a Steve McGarrett haircut, all us kids liked having our hair cut like the Old School Tough Talking Copper on the Original and Much Better Hawaii 5-O. It was our favorite show at the time. We all had Hot Wheels cars, and Match Boxes, when we played with our cars and Trucks everyone wanted to be a cop and had the vehicle that looked like Steve McGarret's old Mercury. I remember the Matchbox cars in those little boxes for a buck the doors and hood opened on them probably worth a mint today. I think my step dad took all of mine and sold them when he ripped off my life. I hate to look back and remember that part of my life when things were ugly for all the things that jerk took from my life I could have bought my own home and a new car but I guess God had other plans. If one looks at life that way I guess I was supposed to experience those things, still I wish that guy did not come into our lives and Molest my little sister, Steal my Identity, My baseball cards, and Childhood toys. One cannot focus on the bad if they want to enjoy life Remember the Good like Dairy Queen ice cream cones, A&W Root Beer Drive Ins, paying a dime at the public swimming pool to swim all day in the hot Summer Heat, Sting Ray bicycles, Schwinns the bicycles of choice, Snow cones. The Old Ways are the best ways in my book. Go out and treat yourselves to a nice cold treat or a frozen candy bar if you can get away with that sort of thing I wish I could we all deserve a treat now and then even the Down Voters. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- 415 Domestic physical 700 Block of Camino Del Sur.
- Animal control pickup to take custody of a dog from the 200 Block of Castillo subject was suicidal. I guess they took his dog I hope he did not pass away I hope the dog is OK those calls are usually sad.
- Guy sitting in a dark colored Ford Taurus with Oregon plates talking to himself parked in the 900 Block of Chapala. Who doesn't talk to themselves? I want to know because those are the real crazy people even Clint Eastwood talks to himself empty chairs anyway.
- 5400 Block of Overpass guy clocked his girlfriend she left his vehicle and called police he was driving a 2015 Black Chevy Equinox. He went to her job waited there and took her phone away from her when she got there.
- Suspicious subject 1200 Block of Shoreline they would not say why he was suspicious.
- 1400 Block of Dutton CSI for Sunday Vandalism.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run highway 101 Southbound at Carrillo exit
- Illegal dumping 500 Block of West Arrellaga.
- Medical call for an ill subject at PHF.
- Subjects with a tan Ford with Utah plates Disturbing and blocking an entrance to a mechanics shop at 155 West Alamar.
- Camper changing his clothing outside of his van in the 800 Block of DLG Terrace.
- 200 Block Avenue of the Flags Twitter listing for a structure fire.
- 415 Landlord Tenant 1200 Block of Liberty.
- 484 Shoplifting from the Beach House Surf Shop on Lower State street online police report.
- Carrillo at Mountain View Drive Traffic Hazard.
- Overdose at Ortega Park.
- 459 Burglary of a residence on the Franceschi Park property.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park group of subjects hanging out.
- 415 Domestic Abuse physical 1700 Block of Bath street.
- 415 Domestic violence 600 Block of Doloris.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Non injury accident Guiterrez and Milpas.
- A suspicious subject at Beach City 831 Cliff Drive in the parking lot looking in cars.
- 10-21 Call only A reporting Party called in to report to SBSO that the work crew working at his neighbors house is not the NORMAL work crew that is usually there these guys are suspicious.
- 242 Assault Son Assaulted a parent in the 4000 Block of Via Lucero.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly disabled subject at the Post Office on Nopolitos Station 2 Fire Fighters responded and took the Elderly subject to PATH where they live.
- Subject seen entering the back of an abandoned residence in the 900 Block of East Mason.
- 242 Assault during a 484 Shoplifting at Rite Aide 35 South Milpas Police got the criminal in the 100 Block of North Milpas.
- Subject off their medication and Bi-Polar jumped from a 2nd story window on California street 4000 Block.
- Subject possibly suffered a stroke after a non injury accident in the 600 Block of Calle Los Amigos.
- Keep the Peace call 1600 Block of San Andres.
- Unknown type 415 Between motorists over possible Road Rage, or a Burglary to a vehicle, or a 415 Domestic sounds like Multiple choice but that is what I heard 1100 Block of Cliff Drive subjects all left before police arrived.
- 415 Subject in 400 block of Foxenwood punching holes in walls and punching mirrors
- Drunk subject walking toward Montecito street from the 300 Block of Calle Caesar Chavez.
- 415 Domestic 300 Block of North Soledad the female is throwing things, will get outta the way!
- 5150 Walkaway from Cottage wearing Tan Scrubs the last patient I heard was wearing Tan Scrubs I think if I ever go to Cottage again I'll take blue scrubs with me just in case.
- 415 Domestic 3700 San Remo Grandmother, Grandson.
- Stolen vehicle 3700 Block of Gregory Way.
- Leaf Blower First block of West Valerio.
- SBPD on a detail at Nopolitos and Cacique.
Will that is enough outta me for now. I was re-reading some of the comments from Mondays scanner reports and I liked some of them even though there was no real documented stuff on it it, seems to me that there is alot of money in homeless support here in Santa Barbara. I found a job listing in the field and it starts between 34,000-36,000.00 Thousand a year pretty good for entry level. Anyway there are alot more than 1,100 Homeless people here and most of the donated funds and tax payer money goes to pay the Caretakers and not the homeless themselves.
Have a great WEDnesday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Tom Cat, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin,Lola, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Bengy, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty and Chris willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger