Scanner Reports 7-9-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Well, I certainly did not expect the events of this past weekend. When folks have health issues and it gets hot outside, the heat affects whoever is unlucky enough to have some health issues and things get bad real quick. I was trying to figure out what was going on with me and find comfort at the same time which was rough because I was also freaking out.
The heat was like the Painted Cave Fire though then I was much younger and did not have all the issues I have now except insanity that was there with me. At Highway 154 and Calle Real when I was sitting in my buddy's truck and we witnessed fire coming down the hill from miles away, shoot in front of us and jump the freeway. I have never seen anything like that in my life to me, it looked as if the fire was coming from the sky. I did what any Catholic God Fearing nut case would do. I got out of the truck in the intersection, got on my knees and prayed. My friend said "What in the hell are you doing?" I pointed up toward Painted Cave and yelled "It's Jesus!" My friend says "It's a fire you Dumb Ass get in the truck!" I did and we took off to a friends house to get him out of the fire zone, he was living at Modoc and Las Positas. There was heavy smoke there and my asthma was making me hack. I was real hot but ok, no attack but I was younger 32 at the time, now I'm 60 and I have several health issues which make things very uncomfortable as if any second you might spontaneous combust. Of course, in cases of people who have, they smoked cigarettes, had high blood pressure, and drank alcohol at the time of their passing, of course, I'm a hypochondriac, I could go at any time.
Long after all my neighbors were in bed at least laying down and relaxing I was freaking out because my place seemed to be getting hotter. I should have just grabbed some blankets and slept outside it might have been fun like camping. But instead of doing that I went to the ER because I wasn't sure if I had a temperature that was well over a hundred or it was well over a hundred in my place, both possibilities were totally freaking me out because I am a WUSS when it comes to Health. People threaten to Kick my ass I laugh but one small fart cut wrong and I'm losing all control of my organs and dying. Just the way I yam so there I was in the ER laying on a bed waiting for the doctor to come to my room and check me out which always takes a long time because they are ALWAYS busy at Cottage so I was drifting off to sleep after all it was my Beddy Bye time. I was dreaming I was on an Airliner watching myself sleep in a seat and nearby stood John Wiley and MacPuzl. John Wiley says to Macpuzl "The plane is going down we are going to crash should we wake Roger up?" and Macpuzl said "No let him sleep through it he will never know what happened." It's a good thing no one was in my hospital room because I sat up real quick! I hate those little nightmares so realistic I don't even know what Macpuzl looks like but it was him somehow and John Wiley I saw his picture before. I have to quit watching those Airplane crash videos on YouTube. Will hopefully the weather will cool off for a bit and it will be comfortable out there. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Check the Welfare of a subject on the sidewalk State street at Calle Palo Colorado.
- 10851 Stolen Auto Toyota Sequoia 4100 Block of State street.
- Highway 154 at Calle Real injury traffic accident.
- 415 "Yeller" 101 West Carrillo probably a drunkin right winger.
- Attempted theft of Package 2600 Block of Calle Real.
- Shoplifter detained at Home Improvement her male accomplice is in the parking lot not being cooperative. But he will be shortly.
- Medical Emergency 11 Year old female with a head and neck injury Leadbetter Beach. 800 Block of Shoreline.
- Van one who transports prisoners to County Jail usually took a subject code 3 lights and sirens to Cottage hospital who had an open head wound Unknown circumstances and Condition
- 23103 Reckless road rager driver in a Honda with a spoiler on the back tailgating Northbound on Las Positas.
- Medical call patient short of breath 1000 Block of Anacapa.
- Heat Exposure in Carpinteria.
- Subject at East Cabrillo and Garden street sitting in a chair next to a green mini van exposing himself when he sits down, green mini van hmmmm....
- Dine and Dash from the Sunshine cafe in the 3500 Block of State street black male last seen heading Eastbound.
- Security detained one but two got away possible credit card fraud at the Double Tree 633 East Cabrillo I think that is more of a white collar crime white collar criminals snitch quicker in my opinion.-
- Bicyclist down West Mountain at Las Canolas injury.
- Hazard condition gasoline spill from a vehicle 200 Block of North Hope.
- 415 Domestic in the parking lot at McDonalds 29 North Milpas in a blue Ford Explorer male and a female both drinking.
- 415 Roommate throwing furniture 1900 Block of Chino.
- Crestwood at Patterson Road in Santa Maria structure fire.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- 211 Robbery of a Back Pack on Sterns Wharf at 1:30am victim says they were assaulted and a knife was used, Suspect was last seen East on Cabrillo wearing a grey hoodie and pants.
- Check the Welfare of a couple not heard from in several days on Del Sol the woman was in the hospital, Husband out of town.
- Non injury hit and run 1400 Block of Mountain.
- Shoplifter running from Ralphs in the 5100 Block of Hollister
- Med call shoulder injury Linden at the Beach.
- Reckless female driver Eastbound on Cliff Drive swerving in a white sedan.
- 415 Fight 3 males by the ball park Pershing Park.
- Fall victim Wood Glen Hall 3000 Block of Foothill.
- Code 3 Fire and Medics to the County Jail.
- State and Figourea check the welfare of a subject down.
- Med call ill male in the parking lot of the Villa Santa Barbara 227 East Anapamu.
- Check the Welfare of a dog in front of Ralphs at Marketplace.
- Vehicles double parked and illegally parked 1200 Block of Channel Drive.
- Suicidal subject 5800 Block of Manderine in Goleta.
- Traffic Hazard Padero and Santa Claus Lane numerous vehicles parked too close to the RR Tracks.
- Ill subject Medical call highway 154 at Armour Ranch.
- Highway one at Thornberg West Main Guadalupe vehicle accident.
- Commercial burglary in the 700 Block of Nopolitos,(that is why they did it.).
- Code 40 drunk down 229 West Montecito.
- Loud Music 1200 Block of Cacique.
- Live band 700 Block of West Sola too loud.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- There was a report of a man possibly with a gun early Sunday morning around Fairview and Hollister but he was not found a couple subjects matching the mans description were stopped and questioned but they were not him.
- 415 Disagreement over a Motel Room at the Alamar Motel 102 West Cabrillo.
- Wanted subject warrants 900 Block of Olive.
- SBPD on a subject in the 700 Block of Cacique in a green Mustang , Campers.
- Lizard drainer causing a disturbance at Amtrak 209 State street.
- 1036 Subject camping near a creek behind Mara Villa in Goleta.
- 1145 Suicide attempt at the Sleepy Hollow Inn on highway 246.
- Premises check Stevens Park.
- Code 40 Drunk at the Alamar Motel.
- 415 Domestic West Beach Inn 300 Block of West Cabrillo.
- Minor injury accident truck hit bicyclist Calle Caesar Chavez and Yanonali.
- 415 Subject yelling 2800 Block of DLV.
- Tree down 2200 Block of East Valley Road
- Possible child abuse at Macys in the 3800 Block of State street.-
- 594 Vandalism in the 100 Block of Castillo.
- 415 RoomMates on Oceano one roommate threatening to kill the other, nothing like walking on Egg Shells in your own friggen home.
- 1145 Suicidal subject 1200 Block of Shoreline white shirt tan shorts black beach cruiser.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation 100 Block of West Mission.
- Found duffle bag State and Micheltorena.
- Found backpack on Oceanview.
- Possible 242 Assault Nopal and Mason.
- Premise check city lot 9 900 Block of Anacapa.
Will dat is all outta me for now Hot Weekend I'm still tired from it I drank almost 3 gallons of water on FRYday and still had heat exposure....Have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Belinda,Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Tom Cat, Lola, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Pat, Mavis, Bengy, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY, Debbie, Ken, John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday... Later, Roger