Scanner Reports 7-28-19
I wonder how many folks DUI Drivers are going to kill this weekend. It hasn't been confirmed whether or not the driver who was traveling the wrong way on the 101 in Ventura was DUI or not, but the subject was doing almost 100 mph. It really could have been anything, but it has already been assumed to be DUI driving as many of these crashes are. It's hard to call them accidents, although if the driver was in fact suffering some kind of medical condition, then it would be an accident. Most people who get on the freeway traveling in the wrong direction are DUI drivers. I did it one time in South Chicago; one way down a northbound on-ramp to the Dan Ryan Expressway. At least I think it was the Dan Ryan, I was very drunk. If it wasn't for an African American man in a Gran Prix I woulda been scraped off the grill of an 18-Wheeler coming toward me, and all of you would be happy because I would not be here once again writing about DUI Drivers.
I'm so weird about DUI driving now that I won't drive after taking a one milligram lorazepam. I used to get scared driving after having too much coffee. The coffee had more of an effect on me than the lorazepam. I haven't driven in a long time anyway. I still have my CDL and renew it when the time comes to do so because for the 26 or so years I have driven in California, I have a perfect driving record. I'm glad I live in a city where the police department is dedicated to preventing folks from driving under the influence. Even cough medicine can mess up someone's driving. People are usually sorry after a crash involving DUI. It's too bad offenders are only sorry for themselves and not the victims in the other vehicles, or pedestrians. So many people have lost their lives due to selfish DUI Drivers.
Here is your scanner reports, Wednesday:
- Possible subjects in a vacant house in the 3700 block of Lucinda Lane.
- Non injury accident San Pasqual at Carrillo.
- Medical emergency for an unconscious subject in a field near Tanglewood Market.
- Lewd subject on the sidewalk in the 200 block of West Haley. They did not say how he was being lewd.
- 1200 block of Chapala, UI subject in the parking lot.
- Drunk female walking in traffic possibly suicidal, Storke and Hollister.
- Carbon monoxide alarm, 700 block of Buena Vista in Montecito.
- Counterfeit 20.00 bill, USA Gas 340 West Carrillo. Subject who passed it wants it back. SBPD responding.
- Train vs pedestrian in Goleta near the Amtrak station.
- Medical for an ill subject at the zoo 500 Block of Ninos.
- Check the welfare of a subject who fell off a bicycle at Hitchcock and State Street.
- Premises check, 200 block of Palm Ave.
- Medical emergency for a fall victim, 1500 block of San Andres.
- Subject having a mental breakdown in Goleta.
- Panic attack the rear of the County Jail.
- Subject in Caza Esperanza yelling and threw a computer.
- AMR transport Cottage to Vista Del Mar.
- Structure fire 500 block of Refugio Road, 2 Alarm.
- Fight between 2 homeless subjects between Little Caesars and McDonalds on Milpas.
- Woman slaps a subject over her dog, Elings Park, unknown what the other subject did to deserve being slapped.
- Counterfeit 50.00 Dollar bill at McDonalds 29 North Milpas.
- Medical call for a fall victim in the 300 block of West Cabrillo on the Castillo side.
- Semi-conscious female was in the water at Hendry’s Beach, unknown circumstances. Medical call transported to Cottage. Animal control responded for her three dogs.
- Crazy DUI driver in small red sports car in the parking lot of Hendry’s beach driving reckless.
- Two disturbances at the same residence in the 700 block of East Haley. The first one was between neighbors, the 2nd one a domestic.
- Subjects yelling over a formerly stolen but now recovered RV, 300 block of Bath Street.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Subject refusing to leave a business in the 1100 block of State Street causing a disturbance.
- Vegetation fire, Happy Canyon at Armour Ranch Roads.
- Premises check, Highway 101 northbound at Laguna.
- Wires down in the 200 block of West Pueblo.
- Subject with cracked ribs in the alley in the 200 block of East Fessler.
- Suspicious circumstances, someone is secretly growing marijuana on Greenwell, so the owner of the property called the police.
- Someone being threatened with a steel rod, in the 4100 block of State Street.
- Two females and a dog involved in lewd activity in front of the S.B. Public Library at 40 East Anapamu.
- Altercation over a near miss accident at MTD, 1020 Chapala Street.
- Assault victim, 900 block of West Maple.
- 800 block of San Pasqual, there was a disturbance call in on an address in the 800 block, then police figured out someone who was wanted by the law was living there. The suspect bolted and about a half hour later he was caught in the 600 block.
- A SBPD officer was working on a project in the 200 block of Palm Ave.
- Dog fight in the 700 block of Calle Los Amigos. A subject was injured trying to stop it and transported to Cottage, never heard any more about it.
- Subjects in a truck refusing to leave the parking lot at 824 Cacique. They was gone when the police got there.
- Weirdo opened a woman's vehicle door then asked her if he could use her cell phone. That occurred near The French Press in the 500 block of Anacapa.
- SBPD checking out several homeless camps near the 3500 block of Modoc and near the RR tracks. They must be causing problems.
- Ongoing issue in the 500 block of West Junipero where a suspicious black Jeep Cherokee sits occupied in a parking lot.
- Two juveniles AWOL from Serenity Group Home on South Bradley.
I'm out of here. Well, have a wonderful weekend. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Carl, Stan, Kent, Brad, Billy, Walter, Fred, Elmo, Cory, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Rambo, Sherry, Isabelle, Jerry, Diana, Jim, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Cop John, and Chris willing, we will see you on Monday. Later, Roger