Scanner Reports 7-26-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I have been thinking a lot about Old Jim lately, he was this old guy who was in Newhouse with me in 1980. When I was 22 he was 60 and crippled up like I am today at 61. He could hardly walk with a bad disc in his spine. he was tall and thin. if a big wind came along it could have blown him away. He was a WWII Veteran like most of the guys there then, a truck driver for 35 years or so till he couldn't do it no more. At New House he did some gardening or so I thought, watching him pick up around the yard. He was really out there sneaking a beer behind the dumpster. I caught him one day and he says "Don't you tell anyone you saw me drinking this beer." I never would, I liked Old Jim, he was like one of my many Fathers that lived there. Old Alcoholic Men who their families couldn't handle so they put them there. It wasn't a bad place in fact the building that New House rented on County Hospital Grounds was beautiful. It was on a Hillside it resembled a mansion of sorts to me with shaded trees all around. I remember all of the men that were there as if it was yesterday, it is in a way.
August the 9th 1980 was the day I got there maybe that is why it is in my old mind lately. Old Jim sneaking a Budweiser behind the Dumpster, smoking his Pall Mall Reds. Cigarettes and Beer always went hand in hand. Jim had a younger Brother worked at UCSB, I think he was a professor or something always carrying a lot of crap, books, a briefcase. They are all gone now pushing up daisies, feeding worms, still existing in my mind when you have nothing else the memories are just fine. I don't even need to sneak a beer behind the dumpster, though I do enjoy some herb now and then. I remember saying to Jim all those years ago "You must be in some Horrible pain with your back like that." I know that pain now and it is Horrible though I have never known good pain. It is what it is Old Age and Injuries. Here are your Scanner Reports
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Check the Welfare of a subject Mid Town on State street in her home that did not show up for work and has a history of health problems. SBPD responded to the residence and found the subject a female Unconscious but breathing, Unresponsive. The Fire Department and AMR responded and transported the woman to the hospital. Thank the Good Dog this woman has a good employer who cares about her.
- Assist with a disabled vehicle under the Carrillo UNDERPANTS
- 1300 Block of Hillcrest Drunk Guy walking around a bottle of booze in his hand.
- Medical Emergency in a Semi Truck highway 101 Northbound at Santa Claus on ramp.
- 415 Neighbors 1200 Block of Mountain Drive over vegetation.
- Med call subject down 3rd Floor of the Faulding Hotel.
- Cabrillo at Milpas beach side on a group of subjects.
- Subject urinating on a tree while asking for money 3 West Carrillo he is a human fountain is what he is!
- A woman walked into a glass door and was injured in the 400 Block of East Carrillo street must have been a real clean glass door or maybe she was texting.
- Dine and Dash 425 State street subject last seen going through Parking lot 11.
- Check the welfare of a subject on the sidewalk DLV at State street
- 9 Year old with a foot injury in front of the East Side Library.
- Illegal Skate boarder 1000 Block of Laguna I have no idea what he was doing that was Illegal it was a BOLO.
- 415 Fight 2 subjects at the Habit in the 3800 Block of State street.
- Male down in the State Street Underpass.
- 5500 Block of PCH Ventura County Accidental gun shot to hand.
- 23103 Reckless Bicyclists 12 to 20 Years old blocking the Northbound Side of State street from the 200 Block heading North.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation 700 Block of Bond Avenue.
- 415pc Loud Music 500 Block of East DLG.
- Minor injury accident pedestrian hit by car door Pedregosa at DLV
Scanner Reports, Thursday
- SBPD on a subject Dwight Murphy Park.
- Camper on the Beach 900 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Suicidal Subject at the Salvation Army 423 Chapala.
- Injury Accident vehicle into a guard rail Highway 154 at West Camino Cielo.
- Illegal Camper near the RR Tracks opposite the entrance of SB Cemetery.
- Drinkers behind KFC 515 N. Milpas street.
- Open door on a residence 1500 Block of Robbins.
- On Toro Canyon near the Park tree down in the roadway.
- Stolen vehicle recovery Castillo and DLG.
- On a subject Nopolitos at Cacique.
- 1300 Block of Enceneda Muni code violation working on cars in the yard.
- Check the Welfare of a code 40, Drunk unable to walk in the 100 Block of North Alisos.
- Vehicle shake 2400 Block of State street.
- 911 Hang Up in the 700 Block of State street check the welfare.
- Ex girl friend laying on the sidewalk in front of ex boyfriends residence in the 200 Block of East Haley then she made threats against his life last pinged in the area of Garden and Cota maybe she ought to go in that building there the Alano Club and go to some meetings.
- 911 Hang up check the welfare 800 Block of Miramonte.
- 10851 Stolen vehicle investigation First Block of West Arrellaga.
- Report of juveniles drinking Anapamu and San Pascual.
- Foot Patrol City Parking lot 11.
- Juveniles Harassing employees of Dominos Pizza in the 3000 Block of State street.
A friend of mine came over yesterday and dropped off some goodies for me Very Nice of her she told me about a woman who had a walker like mine that was too big for her hopefully somewhere along the line we can trade the one I got is too small. Someone else was gonna turn me on to a regular walker That will make 3 Walkers and a cane pretty soon I'm gonna have to call this Roger's Loan Closet. For those of you that used to get your gasoline at Texaco at Cacique and Milpas and remember "Flipper" He is back in town living somewhere in the HOOD not sure where. Anyway Have a great weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO,Lafayette, Ted, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Ross, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Mark, Willie, Mrs. MacArthur, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, Magruder, Edwin, Don, Cory, Crazy Ed, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, John Havlick, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday... Later, Roger